ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 57
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

OnTheWarpath15 10:15 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Maybe so, but as was expressed... people who post exclusively in DC arent creating problems in the lounge... because they're not in the lounge.

The integration of sports and politics is bigger than a chiefs site sub forum. I'm not sure theres a simple solution, but I'll help find it if I can.
As mentioned, the mult problem on this board makes it murkier than it seems.
Bwana 10:16 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I see your point but my suspicions are most of those DC posters are mults of lounge posters.

Am I wrong with this assumption?

Not as much as people think, but with that said, people can run two accounts without be detected, if they know what they're doing. If I catch them doing it, I ban one of them.
WhiteWhale 10:16 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
As mentioned, the mult problem on this board makes it murkier than it seems.
Yeah, I've had my suspicions about that.
srvy 10:16 PM 10-08-2020
CP is nothing like other sites, even if we eliminate trash like yourself.
Chiefs Coalition is pretty much a carbon copy on a smaller scale.

Also as far as I am concerned patteeu is a good dude and good poster.
Bwana 10:17 PM 10-08-2020
Maybe so, but as was expressed... people who post exclusively in DC arent creating problems in the lounge... because they're not in the lounge.

The integration of sports and politics is bigger than a chiefs site sub forum. I'm not sure theres a simple solution, but I'll help find it if I can.

Truth
St. Patty's Fire 10:17 PM 10-08-2020
For the record, I have two forums I frequent: this one, and a hockey message board.

The hockey board completely bans all political topics. This has been a fucking godsend in a time like this, IMO. And I’m not a person who just avoids politics; I’m very active in discussions like that. But when I visit my hockey message board, or football message board, I just want these type of discussions to go away. I can’t spend 24/7 thinking about the shit thats happening in this country right now; it’s draining, and tiresome. A place like this is supposed to be an escape from all that. And in the past, even though a lot of y’all are on the opposite end of the spectrum as I am, I’ve been able to completely avoid stuff like that for the most part, and just mingle as a fellow Chiefs fan. It’s getting harder and harder though, as I said, and it sucks because I truly love this forum, especially since I live on the east coast and don’t have any actual Chiefs fan friendship. Hell, I barely know anyone who watches any football, let alone to the level I do.

I know, different forums, different philosophies, different circumstances, etc. And I get that this is something that was borne a long time ago. But I think it may be time to come up with some sort of solution or compromise, because I know I’m not the only person who feels this way.

That’s just my two cents. I know I’m a relative n00b on this forum but like I said I love being here and hate wanting to distance myself. Trying to post in the Chiefs subreddit just depressed the fuck out of me because this place is so much better, warts and all.
patteeu 10:19 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Things change. Especially when people can't control themselves.
The segregation thing is water under the bridge. It’s just a reference to the spirit of the board when it was first concieved. I know that’s not going to change.

Now we have extremists trying to jettison the sub-forum altogether and that’s about as unCP as you can get. If Austin was in his grave, god forbid, he’d be rolling. :-)
srvy 10:19 PM 10-08-2020
Ironically, take a look at the two-three who have the most posts in this thread...DC regulars.
If you don't go to DC how do you know who the regulars are?
Raiderhater 10:19 PM 10-08-2020
Oops. Sorry for the thumbs down. I couldn't undo it.
You bastard. I was really trying to like you. :-)
OnTheWarpath15 10:20 PM 10-08-2020
If you don't go to DC how do you know who the regulars are?
I’ve been here 15 years. It’s not difficult to determine.
htismaqe 10:20 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The segregation thing is water under the bridge. It’s just a reference to the spirit of the board when it was first concieved. I know that’s not going to change.

Now we have extremists trying to jettison the sub-forum altogether and that’s about as unCP as you can get. If Austin was in his grave, god forbid, he’d be rolling. :-)
Like I said, creating the DC forum in the first place was something I would likely not be a part of again. Quite frankly, I can't imagine myself ever being a moderator at a place like this again.

It really doesn't matter what happens, a large segment of the board is going to be pissed about every decision you make.
OnTheWarpath15 10:21 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Like I said, creating the DC forum in the first place was something I would likely not be a part of again. Quite frankly, I can't imagine myself ever being a moderator at a place like this again.

It really doesn't matter what happens, a large segment of the board is going to be pissed about every decision you make.
Not sure how 30-40 people would be a “large segment” but ok.
patteeu 10:22 PM 10-08-2020
I see your point but my suspicions are most of those DC posters are mults of lounge posters.

Am I wrong with this assumption?
I don’t think there are many mults in DC. A few people under changed names, but very few using more than one account if any. That’s just speculation on my part.
|Zach| 10:22 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If it's true one side does all of the complaining on the frontend by reporting posts, it's also true the other side does all of the complaining on the backside in the gripe thread about thread boots and how it's all one sided.

One does seem more productive than the other.
:-)
htismaqe 10:23 PM 10-08-2020
And for the record, the "spirit of the board" when it was first conceived was "we're not the Star board".

The anything goes model wasn't a rule, it was just something that happened with organic growth.

Kyle never intended for CP to become what it is. We never could have dreamed it would become as popular as it is now.

Those early days most likely weren't sustainable, so while I understand your lament for those early days gone by, the board was always going to change when this many people gather in one place.
Page 45 of 57
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up