ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Deadpool & Wolverine
Bowser 04:37 PM 02-13-2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
True, but he can act the hell out of the part. Scott Eastwood is a good looking sonofabitch, but he couldn't come close to pulling off the character like Jackman. Shit, Hugh may have set the bar TOO high for the next guy up, in all actuality. I feel Wes Chatham can pull off that look and still bring that attitude to the character. Possibly.

But hey, that's down the road. I'm first going to enjoy Hugh (and his variants!) taking Logan for a ride one last time!
I watched one of the 'new' X-Men movies yesterday. The one with Psylocke looking extremely fuckable the whole movie.

And man, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender are SO overqualified for those movies. Damn does Fassbender kill it. It's as jarring as watching Ewan McGregor just massacre everyone he's on screen with in the Star Wars prequels. And when he and McAvoy do a scene together you really see how talented they both are.

Jackman is the only other guy that could really hang with them and he really only shares much screen time with them in one of them. Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence were credible, but they weren't going toe to toe with those 2.

It has been kinda funny how much talent has run through those franchises, though. Alongside some real trash so it makes them look that much better. But when you have Patrick Stewart and Ian McCellan replaced by McAvoy and Fassbender - man, that's just living under a lucky star for a pulp comic book franchise.
[Reply]
notorious 05:01 PM 04-25-2024
What joke are they going to make about the "other" Deadpool?

You know it's coming. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 PM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
What joke are they going to make about the "other" Deadpool?

You know it's coming. :-)
I mean hell, he's holding one and it's licking his face! :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 02:45 PM 04-26-2024

[Reply]
Fish 03:08 PM 04-26-2024
When Deadpool puts the barrel to his head, and he just does the cocky grin, I admittedly laughed my ass off.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:05 PM 04-26-2024
Would be awesome to know you can’t be killed.

In reality, Wolverine would wake up strapped to a gurney in a bunker somewhere as the perfect test subject.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:17 PM Yesterday
Looks like the internet is going to be unbearable with spoilers for this movie the next few months. Even if 99/9% of them turn out to be false, it's still going to get annoying.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:30 PM Yesterday
Is this for real? I got bamboozled by some fake trailer for a new Thundercats movie last week, so now I’m a little gun shy.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
You're watching Big Bang Theory. Roughly half of that entire show revolves around comic book characters, comic book storylines and jokes, and even takes place INSIDE a comic book store. I'm not understanding where this hatred of comic book movies is coming from.
Not by choice my friend.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:03 PM Yesterday
True, but he can act the hell out of the part. Scott Eastwood is a good looking sonofabitch, but he couldn't come close to pulling off the character like Jackman. Shit, Hugh may have set the bar TOO high for the next guy up, in all actuality. I feel Wes Chatham can pull off that look and still bring that attitude to the character. Possibly.

But hey, that's down the road. I'm first going to enjoy Hugh (and his variants!) taking Logan for a ride one last time!
I think that is needed though for wolverine.

Jackman besides being a great actor, he helped ruin xmen. The movies were about him and not the team. Wolverine needs to be a lesser role for the movie to succeed imo.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:06 PM Yesterday
I mean my perfect choice is Peter dinkledge.
[Reply]
Fish 10:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Valiant:

Jackman besides being a great actor, he helped ruin xmen. The movies were about him and not the team. Wolverine needs to be a lesser role for the movie to succeed imo.
Jackman can't help it that he's such a badass actor that he makes the rest of them look really lame...
[Reply]
Rausch 03:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by Valiant:

Wolverine is centuries old and has seen it all. He's a man that wants to forget.

He's the perfect straight man to Deadpool's irreverent fool that values nothing and takes nothing seriously. This could easily be a dramedy with a much deeper meaning while allowing Reynolds to be fall down funny and lighten the tone.

I don't have any faith in Hollywood to pull this off like I once did but it's not the formula that's the problem - it's sticking the landing.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:13 AM Today
Looks like the internet is going to be unbearable with spoilers for this movie the next few months. Even if 99/9% of them turn out to be false, it's still going to get annoying.
My guess would be that they purposely leak fake nonsense to throw people off the scent. They'll probably shoot a few promos or out takes they know aren't in the movie and just use that stuff to promote. It's on brand...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fish:
Jackman can't help it that he's such a badass actor that he makes the rest of them look really lame...

Which is funny because Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen are badass.

And in the newer trilogy he shared the screen with Mcavoy and Fassbender, who are equally awesome.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up