ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:16 PM 04-27-2020
bump

Just finished Episode 7 "Passed Pawn" and found it to be really good (probably the best episode of Season 3). Aaron Paul is the MVP of this season imo and have been loving his tortured performance in Season 3. The way it ended left me wanting more. I literally have no clue how this season is going to play out that is for sure but I'm rooting for Caleb (Aaron Paul's character)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:09 PM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Maybe Caleb killed his friend in that flashback and has suppressed it and the guy knew.
Not exactly how I imagined it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:14 PM 04-29-2020
Not exactly how I imagined it.
I knew it had to involve some element of blind control
[Reply]
listopencil 01:31 AM 04-30-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I knew it had to involve some element of blind control
I didn't think it would be an obvious 'him or me' death situation. It was a little cheesy. Reminds me of the Old William/Young William reveal. Just not really a profound twist.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:45 AM 04-30-2020
I didn't think it would be an obvious 'him or me' death situation. It was a little cheesy. Reminds me of the Old William/Young William reveal. Just not really a profound twist.
It seemed like the writers were going for the ultimate " Big Brother" control scenario, and that's Dolores MO to destroy such elements.

In turn that's lazy writing
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:29 AM 05-05-2020
This was a pretty bad ending to what started out fairly promising. But honestly, that's kind of been Westworld's M.O as a series.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:31 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Here's my problem: Ed Harris' character has long since lived out his purpose. You could argue that this already happened by the end of S1 as he was kind of meandering throughout S2 as well. He's probably the best actor on the show I guess they figure they have to do something with him, but I'm not really sure what he's still doing in this story (and it doesn't appear that the writers have any idea either based on last night's episode).

Bernard is facing a similar kind of issue as well. It's unclear where he fits too.
Also, ultimately neither one of these two did anything of substance the entire season. Just bad writing.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:18 AM 05-05-2020
Damn that was it??? Yeah kinda a let down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:57 AM 05-05-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Damn that was it??? Yeah kinda a let down.
What were you expecting? It was always going to end up with man vs. machine death match. Only one survives.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:23 AM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What were you expecting? It was always going to end up with man vs. machine death match. Only one survives.
Oh its more so my fault for expecting too much:-). (I thought there would be more episodes) no biggie though. Aaron Paul was the MVP for sure imo.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:49 PM 05-09-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Oh its more so my fault for expecting too much:-). (I thought there would be more episodes) no biggie though. Aaron Paul was the MVP for sure imo.
I'm wondering if we'll get to see The Man In Black hunt Caleb through the various dysfunctional parks as an homage to the movie.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:57 AM 05-15-2020
I dug it. I’m late because I just now caught the ending, but it worked for me. Wasn’t perfect but I really enjoyed it.

I didn’t see the beauty angle coming so that part hit. I really expected the fight scenes between Delores and Maeve to suuuuuck but they were really well done and I honestly didn’t know how they’d end up.

Didn’t see the left field stuff with Hale happening.

Bernards plot kind of spun its wheels but Maybe that was intentional. IDK.

Back to the beauty angle. That really resonated with me. She did some really awful stuff and has pretty much been a baddie for awhile now. At least coloring on the darker side of gray. And she did it because she saw the beauty is really good stuff. I liked it. Maybe because I’m getting beat up from a bunch of different directions and I need to view things through a more positive perspective. Who the hell knows. Anyway it worked for me.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:59 PM 06-19-2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l4t...ab_channel=HBO

[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:03 PM 06-19-2022
I'm not sure I ever have much clue what is going on in any season of this show (and it has never really added up to the sum of its parts). It always looks cool at least.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:08 PM 06-19-2022
I think Ed Harris would have been the perfect Lex Luther in Super Man Vs Batman rather than Jesse Eisenberg. Now if they wanted Jesse Eisenberg in it he would have been the perfect Riddler and I think it would have made for better casting. They really missed the mark casting Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 51
« First < 384445464748 495051 >
Up