ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 51
« First < 374344454647 48495051 >
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:18 PM 04-13-2020
Why was it so bad? The only part that really didn’t jive was when she asked what they should do with Liam. She’s a computer. There is no “what do you think?”

Other than that I thought it hit. Other than it would have been nice to see Lynch take a bullet.
[Reply]
eDave 07:19 PM 04-13-2020
Not sure what it is but I'm losing interest. Maybe there's too much going on and I'm stupid. I'll still watch and be amazed at the production as a whole.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:45 PM 04-13-2020
That was a wild ride, I kind of liked it. Also glad they gave Serac some kind of back story.

So who is Caleb really?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:07 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Well...now it looks like that drug, genre, made some repressed(?) memories pop up for Caleb. I wonder if Dolores knows what the dead guy knew about him? She obviously researched Caleb pretty deeply at some point.
"You did it" does it mean Caleb's serial killer or is it nuanced that he accomplished something that's so surreal it's frightening.
[Reply]
listopencil 11:10 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
"You did it" does it mean Caleb's serial killer or is it nuanced that he accomplished something that's so surreal it's frightening.
Maybe Caleb killed his friend in that flashback and has suppressed it and the guy knew.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:54 AM 04-20-2020
I've been meaning to comment on the motif of the eclipse from this season.
It would be cool to see if it's actually planned to dig into this aspect, but that eclipse as a metaphor for order ONLY WORKS from one perspective. All that work Serac is doing to get his watch display all nice and tidy means fuck-all to anyone even a few millimeters deviation from his view.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:46 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Not sure what it is but I'm losing interest. Maybe there's too much going on and I'm stupid. I'll still watch and be amazed at the production as a whole.
Same. They are a little too impressed with themselves this season. Story lines are convoluted and slow, the grit and rawness are gone. And no hot naked women.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:20 PM 04-20-2020
Here's my problem: Ed Harris' character has long since lived out his purpose. You could argue that this already happened by the end of S1 as he was kind of meandering throughout S2 as well. He's probably the best actor on the show I guess they figure they have to do something with him, but I'm not really sure what he's still doing in this story (and it doesn't appear that the writers have any idea either based on last night's episode).

Bernard is facing a similar kind of issue as well. It's unclear where he fits too.

The Dolores/Serac conflict (as well as whatever Caleb's deal is) is what's keeping me invested in the season this year.
[Reply]
eDave 11:56 AM 04-22-2020
'Westworld' Renewed for Season 4

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...at-hbo-1291307
[Reply]
listopencil 02:20 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This season I feel like the plotlines are barely moving. The scenes are cool for the most part but it seems like a lot of little stuff is going on and they are sort of pushing the story out wider instead of resolving anything. Also the cast is too fractured into separate storylines for my taste. I'm still watching the show and enjoying it but it's not as satisfying.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:08 PM 04-22-2020
This season I feel like the plotlines are barely moving. The scenes are cool for the most part but it seems like a lot of little stuff is going on and they are sort of pushing the story out wider instead of resolving anything. Also the cast is too fractured into separate storylines for my taste. I'm still watching the show and enjoying it but it's not as satisfying.
I feel like it's season 2 of Preacher where they're keeping it alive and hoping for the next season to kick ass again.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:28 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I feel like it's season 2 of Preacher where they're keeping it alive and hoping for the next season to kick ass again.
I never did watch that. The idea sounded cool but the clips I saw of it seemed kind of lame.
[Reply]
Miles 09:04 PM 04-22-2020
I never did watch that. The idea sounded cool but the clips I saw of it seemed kind of lame.
It’s way over the top in a good way and pretty hilarious. S2 was a weak point though.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:08 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Miles:
It’s way over the top in a good way and pretty hilarious. S2 was a weak point though.
Spot on.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:09 PM 04-23-2020
Give it a go, I'll bet you like it.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 51
« First < 374344454647 48495051 >
Up