ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Damn, Deontay Wilder.
In58men 11:43 PM 03-15-2014
Knocked his opponent out in the first round just now.

31-0

31 KO's

18 wins coming from the 1st round. Unbelievable.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:43 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
There hasn't been a real heavyweight since Mike Tyson. Wilder is a clown. Fury is a joke. Klitchko was a decade long bum. Real fights dont actually need to be hyped. Sadly, the only time something interesting happens in this dead boxing division is when a bum topples someone overrated (Ruiz > Joshua). With that said, I hope Ortiz snaps Wilder's face.
Ruiz is not a bum, just cuase dude isnt ripped, doesnt mean he's a bum. Hell, just look at what Tyson and Holyfield had to say about him as well as countless other boxers current and retired, He can fucking fight. There is some damn good heavyweights out there right now and even some that are up and coming.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 11:44 AM 11-23-2019
Anyone catch that classic fury/lesnar fight
[Reply]
TRR 11:49 AM 11-23-2019
There hasn't been a real heavyweight since Mike Tyson. Wilder is a clown. Fury is a joke. Klitchko was a decade long bum. Real fights dont actually need to be hyped. Sadly, the only time something interesting happens in this dead boxing division is when a bum topples someone overrated (Ruiz > Joshua). With that said, I hope Ortiz snaps Wilder's face.
Bad take.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:55 AM 11-23-2019
Lewis and Holyfield weren't real heavyweights? Kill yourself.
[Reply]
-King- 12:37 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Ruiz is not a bum, just cuase dude isnt ripped, doesnt mean he's a bum. Hell, just look at what Tyson and Holyfield had to say about him as well as countless other boxers current and retired, He can fucking fight. There is some damn good heavyweights out there right now and even some that are up and coming.
I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that didn't have an exclamation point before this one..
[Reply]
kcxiv 12:43 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't think I've ever seen a post from you that didn't have an exclamation point before this one..
I have a bad habit of that. My windows browser is usually on my 2nd monitor while im gaming. So, im only half ass paying attention to my typing.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:45 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Lewis and Holyfield weren't real heavyweights? Kill yourself.
As compared to Tyson with Cus? Foreman? Ali? Frazier? Liston? No comparison.

Today's heavyweight boxing division is weak and pathetic like you. You're probably beating off watching these bums. Sad.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:24 PM 11-23-2019
You are one of those the NBA sucks ever since Jordan guys, too amirite??

I agree with you to some degree about Klitschko only because he kind of sucked the life out of interest in heavyweight boxing in the US. But this trying to hang onto the glory days (more like 3 years) of Mike Tyson is hilarious. Mike Tyson was a great entertaining elite fighter for a very short period of time. He had huge physical (and mental) flaws that made it difficult for him to have success as he aged.

Deonte Wilder is simply amazing. Is he the most polished fighter at least compared to his success? He might not be, but that is part of the allure. He has an unbelievable right hand and he hunts KOs. The guy is ONLY 213 lbs and he has to routinely fight guys 250 and 270 lbs...and knocks them the **** out. Imagine if Floyd Mayweather at 155 had to face Wilder? Wilder would knock him out in about 3 landed punches.

If he can manage to get through Tyson Fury II I think you can put him in the conversation as one of the great heavyweights of the last 40 years.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:30 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
Ruiz is not a bum, just cuase dude isnt ripped, doesnt mean he's a bum. Hell, just look at what Tyson and Holyfield had to say about him as well as countless other boxers current and retired, He can ****ing fight. There is some damn good heavyweights out there right now and even some that are up and coming.
Agreed. I like to mock Ruiz Jr just because I don't like Joshua but he might be the best fighter in the world right now. We'll see.

The heavyweight division is so interesting right now. And I don't think the Wilder vs Ortiz II is a gimme. I think Wilder gets a KO in 7 but Ortiz is in the best shape of his life and nobody really ever wants to fight the guy. The only guy he's ever lost to was....Wilder. I think Ruiz and Ortiz are both very underrated guys with Joshua being overrated.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:55 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You are one of those the NBA sucks ever since Jordan guys, too amirite??

I agree with you to some degree about Klitschko only because he kind of sucked the life out of interest in heavyweight boxing in the US. But this trying to hang onto the glory days (more like 3 years) of Mike Tyson is hilarious. Mike Tyson was a great entertaining elite fighter for a very short period of time. He had huge physical (and mental) flaws that made it difficult for him to have success as he aged.

Deonte Wilder is simply amazing. Is he the most polished fighter at least compared to his success? He might not be, but that is part of the allure. He has an unbelievable right hand and he hunts KOs. The guy is ONLY 213 lbs and he has to routinely fight guys 250 and 270 lbs...and knocks them the **** out. Imagine if Floyd Mayweather at 155 had to face Wilder? Wilder would knock him out in about 3 landed punches.

If he can manage to get through Tyson Fury II I think you can put him in the conversation as one of the great heavyweights of the last 40 years.
The Mayweather argument is absurd. Floyd accomplished far more in much more competitive weight divisions than Wilder ever will. Not to mention Wilder has one belt. Maywether had every belt worth having in multiple weight divisions. Undisputed best fighter of his era. Wilder will never touch that.

But I will say this. It's not Wilder's fault he is in a weak crop of heavyweights. I do believe he'd fight any challenger. There just isn't any. That's why he's fighting Ortiz again.

And my final point. Who in their prime since 79 can be considered a top tier heavyweight? Plenty of second tier heavyweights like Holyfield, Bowe, Klinchco, Wilder, Fury, Lewis, Holmes. Tyson is the only one in that top tier category. That's really my point. And believe me, I love watching great boxing. But you dont see complete/great fighters in the heavyweight division. And you see that in the level of interest in the fans. Great fighters need no introduction.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:02 PM 11-23-2019
The Mayweather argument is absurd. Floyd accomplished far more in much more competitive weight divisions than Wilder ever will. Not to mention Wilder has one belt. Maywether had every belt worth having in multiple weight divisions. Undisputed best fighter of his era. Wilder will never touch that.

But I will say this. It's not Wilder's fault he is in a weak crop of heavyweights. I do believe he'd fight any challenger. There just isn't any. That's why he's fighting Ortiz again.

And my final point. Who in their prime since 79 can be considered a top tier heavyweight? Plenty of second tier heavyweights like Holyfield, Bowe, Klinchco, Wilder, Fury, Lewis, Holmes. Tyson is the only one in that top tier category. That's really my point. And believe me, I love watching great boxing. But you dont see complete/great fighters in the heavyweight division.
Floyd is one of the best fighters of all time at his weight...but my point was that Wilder has to routinely fight me 40-50 lbs more than him. Fighters in the lower divisions get to face guys that weight almost EXACTLY as much as them.

That is one of the things I don't like about boxing. Too many weight divisions. They span anywhere from 4 to 8 pounds each. Just silly. It is what it is, and I know this is an unpopular take but why isn't there weight divisions in other sports? There is no NFL for 145 pound men. No NBA for 5'10'' people. It's only in fighting do we care about it...at least until you hit 200 lbs. After that, you could be fighting 400 lbs motherfuckers.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:13 PM 11-23-2019
As compared to Tyson with Cus? Foreman? Ali? Frazier? Liston? No comparison.

Today's heavyweight boxing division is weak and pathetic like you. You're probably beating off watching these bums. Sad.
Ok boomer.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:17 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Floyd is one of the best fighters of all time at his weight...but my point was that Wilder has to routinely fight me 40-50 lbs more than him. Fighters in the lower divisions get to face guys that weight almost EXACTLY as much as them.

That is one of the things I don't like about boxing. Too many weight divisions. They span anywhere from 4 to 8 pounds each. Just silly. It is what it is, and I know this is an unpopular take but why isn't there weight divisions in other sports? There is no NFL for 145 pound men. No NBA for 5'10'' people. It's only in fighting do we care about it...at least until you hit 200 lbs. After that, you could be fighting 400 lbs mother****ers.
The weight divisions are just. That size really matters in the lighter divisions. Gotta keep it fair.

In the heavyweight division you trade agility/speed/stamina for heavier weight which increases power/harder to move/move less. So it is a trade off. Ultimately whoever is dropping the hammer has the edge.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:30 PM 11-23-2019
And yes BWillie, you aren't far off on your basketball assertion. Though I had a ton of respect for the Kobe and Shaq combo. Basketball isnt close to what it was in the 90's. Second tier. But it definately has had some truly great first tier players Kobe, Lebron, Curry, Duncan. But it's really not even close.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:55 PM 11-23-2019
Dave and Busters in KCK gonna have the fight as well as Twin Peaks in Olathe. Im sure many others too. Disappointed that Winning Streaks and Harrahs and Amerisports wont have it. All they care about is MMA now
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up