ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mcdonalds Mcrib is back
Demonpenz 11:47 PM 12-23-2007
december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.
[Reply]
ziggysocki 03:06 PM 11-18-2008
Simply Red must have been dumped recently... or at least mistreated in some way. I would deduce that it was from either a)a chick with a little hard body, who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too slutty about things, and who essentially will keep her dumb fucking mouth shut. or b.) girls with good personalities who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intelligent or talented, though God knows what the fuck that means, are ugly chicks. So which is it SR?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:37 AM 01-09-2009
Mmmmm, Senor Macho Solo.
[Reply]
jidar 12:12 PM 01-09-2009
Mcrib?

More like the Mctasteslikeshit
[Reply]
Dayze 12:53 PM 01-09-2009
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I know exactly what it is... Delicious
:-)

that's almost Jim Gaffiagan-ish.

"I'm a vegetarian...but not a strict one. I do eat beef, pork, and chicken. But not fish. that's disgusting"
[Reply]
Rooster 12:55 PM 01-09-2009
McRibb :-):-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 AM 11-01-2011
Its baaaaaack! Have you had one yet?

What's the McRib made of, anyway?

The popular McDonald's sandwich is back. Find out what's inside — if you dare

McDonalds' McRib and its cult-like following are back. Thank goodness the "disconcerting" sandwich is only returning for a limited time only, says Meredith Melnick at TIME. Because if you knew about all the unpronounceable ingredients packed into the McRib, you might think twice about wolfing down the sauce-drenched pork concoction. Think you can stomach what's inside? Read on:

How many ingredients are there?
At face value, the sandwich contains just pork, onions, and pickle slices slathered in barbecue sauce and laid out on a bun. But the truth is, there are roughly 70 ingredients. The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide — "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.

Ooof. What's the meat made of?
Pig innards and plenty of salt. Typically, "restructured meat product" includes pig bits like tripe, heart, and scalded stomach, says Whet Moser at Chicago Magazine, citing a 1995 article by Robert Mandigo, a professor at the University of Nebraska. These parts are cooked and blended with salt and water to extract salt-soluble proteins, which act as a "glue" that helps bind the reshaped meat together.

Is it really that bad for you?
Well, it's certainly not good for you. Though "slightly trimmer than the Big Mac," which contains 540 calories and 29 grams of fat, says Christina Rexrode at USA Today, the McRib, first introduced in 1982, still packs in 500 calories and 26 grams of fat. And despite its name, one thing you won't find inside a McRib is bones. The absence of any detectable "rib" is what gives the unnutritious mush its "quirky sense of humor," says Marta Fearon, McDonald's U.S. marketing director.

http://news.yahoo.com/whats-mcrib-ma...125300382.html
[Reply]
Predarat 08:53 AM 11-01-2011
well, shit! But I bet that shit is in all of their Bugers plus any fast food joint such as Hardees, Jack In the Box, ect.
[Reply]
Consistent1 09:33 AM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by ziggysocki:
Simply Red must have been dumped recently... or at least mistreated in some way. I would deduce that it was from either a)a chick with a little hard body, who will satisfy all sexual demands without being too slutty about things, and who essentially will keep her dumb ****ing mouth shut. or b.) girls with good personalities who are smart or maybe funny or halfway intelligent or talented, though God knows what the **** that means, are ugly chicks. So which is it SR?
Simply Red and women.....? LOL
[Reply]
Stewie 04:03 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

The bun alone contains 34, says TIME's Melnick. In addition to chemicals like ammonium sulfate and polysorbate 80, the most egregious may be azodicarbonamide — "a flour-bleaching agent most commonly used in the manufactur[ing] of foamed plastics like gym mats the and soles of shoes." According to McDonald's own ingredient list, the bun also includes calcium sulfate and ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, among other chemicals.
What a bunch of self-serving alarmists. Even artisan breads use these ingredients. Want a good French bread? These ingredients are there. Want a big round artisan loaf? These ingredients are there.

The only way to have bread that doesn't have these ingredients is to do it yourself or buy it from a bakery that you know doesn't use them. Problem is, you'd better be ready to eat a loaf of bread per day or it gets moldy quickly.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:05 PM 11-01-2011
I had a mcrib for the first time last week, barely ate a 1/3 of it....dogshit
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:05 PM 11-01-2011
I'm going to get some real ribs on the way home tonight. Rosedale BBQ has slabs on Monday night for around $13.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:09 PM 11-01-2011
I'm not defending the McRib. I've never had one. I just thought the issue about the bread being "poison" was hilarious. It's the bread you eat every day unless you bake it yourself.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:11 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm going to get some real ribs on the way home tonight. Rosedale BBQ has slabs on Monday night for around $13.
Philly Cheesesteaks here. Thinly sliced ribeye, onions, bell peppers, provolone, salt, pepper.
[Reply]
Predarat 06:21 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Philly Cheesesteaks here. Thinly sliced ribeye, onions, bell peppers, provolone, salt, pepper.
That sounds fucking good!
[Reply]
bevischief 07:09 PM 11-01-2011
Can't believe this is still on the front page...
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up