ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
The Lounge>Cleveland PD Launch Investigation Into How NFL Obtained Kareem Hunt's Police Video
BlackOp 01:44 AM 12-06-2018
https://deadspin.com/report-clevelan...nfl-1830895837
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:29 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It would only be defamation of character if TMZ published the story without any evidence. As it stands, they indeed have a video that shows Kareem Hunt shoving a woman to the ground and kicking her. I'm sorry that they used an over the top adverb that you don't like to describe what happened, but that isn't illegal.
Er that's RUBBISH, there is no evidence of anyone being "brutalized" on that video, and if there had been, charges would clearly have been filed. Stop being a tmz groupie and get with reality please. THEY LIED and Kareem has a solid argument for deformation of character. FULL STOP.

P.s. the fact that you claim Kareem "shoved her to the ground" just reveals your bias even more. Just pathetic.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:40 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
I don't think he could sue the hotel because it was a video of the hallway and there is no invasion of privacy there.

He could sue TMZ for defamation of character though with that headline and potentially several media outlets. If it wasn't for the sensationalized and way over exaggerated headline he still has a job.
NOBODY cared about the headline. NOBODY.

The public is angry because he pushed, caused to be knocked down and kicked a woman.

He has no job because he lied to his employer and made them look bad. Not because of a headline.

TMZ published the body cam footage in July and neither the team nor league gave a crap because there was no video of the actual assault.
[Reply]
Superturtle 07:42 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Er that's RUBBISH, there is no evidence of anyone being "brutalized" on that video, and if there had been, charges would clearly have been filed. Stop being a tmz groupie and get with reality please. THEY LIED and Kareem has a solid argument for deformation of character. FULL STOP.

P.s. the fact that you claim Kareem "shoved her to the ground" just reveals your bias even more. Just pathetic.
You're really fucking dumb, you know that? The public isn't mad at Hunt because TMZ used the word 'brutalize' in the headline. Hunt didn't lose his job because TMZ used the word 'brutalize' in the headline.

Explaining why you're an idiot for thinking Hunt has a case against TMZ doesn't make me a 'groupie.' It's just a fact that TMZ has been doing this for more than a decade and know exactly how to toe the line. I'd be more than happy if TMZ and other tabloid sites were wiped off the face of the earth.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:47 AM 12-06-2018
There is a reason why the NFL and teams have security personnel that are former FBI/CIA and top law enforcement. These guys all have connections and they cover crap up all the time. You can bet that not only did they obtain the police report behind the scenes, but they watched and reported exactly what was on the tape to the league.

Johnny Manziel used to stay at The 9. Can you imagine how much crap they covered up with him while he was in Cleveland? Everyone thought the tape was "lost" or wiped clean and they were in the clear. The only person really investigated in this matter was the young man they arrested because he refused to hand over his cell phone of what he was taping in the lobby.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:52 AM 12-06-2018
Don't care. Courts are stupid as hell and people get all kinds of cash they don't deserve every year. See Erin Andrews for example. She was awarded 55 mil by the courts. May never actually get it but that was the ruling over a short naked video. Stupid.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:00 AM 12-06-2018
Still think just take the short cut and sue Bill Belechick.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:02 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
There is a reason why the NFL and teams have security personnel that are former FBI/CIA and top law enforcement. These guys all have connections and they cover crap up all the time. You can bet that not only did they obtain the police report behind the scenes, but they watched and reported exactly what was on the tape to the league.

Johnny Manziel used to stay at The 9. Can you imagine how much crap they covered up with him while he was in Cleveland? Everyone thought the tape was "lost" or wiped clean and they were in the clear. The only person really investigated in this matter was the young man they arrested because he refused to hand over his cell phone of what he was taping in the lobby.
How long before we find out that the NFL saw the video or had a copy of it?
[Reply]
notorious 08:08 AM 12-06-2018
This story just needs to die.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:09 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Why? The headline they used WAS misleading and they may have obtained the video in an underhand way, so why not?
:-)
[Reply]
chinaski 08:10 AM 12-06-2018
TMZ was founded by and is ran by an Attorney. Harvey Levin was/is a practicing attorney that also taught law school.

I'm sure he knows what he can get away with over these armchair attorneys on here...

Hunt doesn't have a pot to piss in.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:18 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
How long before we find out that the NFL saw the video or had a copy of it?
I don't think they are dumb enough to have a paper trail. I'm 100% certain someone in security saw it and reported it orally to someone in the league.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:35 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You're really ****ing dumb, you know that? The public isn't mad at Hunt because TMZ used the word 'brutalize' in the headline. Hunt didn't lose his job because TMZ used the word 'brutalize' in the headline.

Explaining why you're an idiot for thinking Hunt has a case against TMZ doesn't make me a 'groupie.' It's just a fact that TMZ has been doing this for more than a decade and know exactly how to toe the line. I'd be more than happy if TMZ and other tabloid sites were wiped off the face of the earth.
Oh look, the tmz fanboy is getting emotional again :-) . My word you really are a clueless pr#ck aren't you? Hey, smartypants, let me educate you a little more. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PUBLIC ARE "ANGRY" ABOUT. TMZ PUBLISHED A HEADLINE THAT WASN'T TRUE. A HEADLINE THAT HAD DISTORTED THE FACTS AND HELPED DAMAGE HIS REPUTATION. If you are too f#cking dumb to fathom that then go on about your day as i have nothing for you.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:36 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
TMZ was founded by and is ran by an Attorney. Harvey Levin was/is a practicing attorney that also taught law school.

I'm sure he knows what he can get away with over these armchair attorneys on here...

Hunt doesn't have a pot to piss in.
Er haven't they been SUCCESSFULLY SUED before? :-)
[Reply]
Superturtle 08:38 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Oh look, the tmz fanboy is getting emotional again :-) . My word you really are a clueless pr#ck aren't you? Hey, smartypants, let me educate you a little more. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PUBLIC ARE "ANGRY" ABOUT. TMZ PUBLISHED A HEADLINE THAT WASN'T TRUE. A HEADLINE THAT HAD DISTORTED THE FACTS AND HELPED DAMAGE HIS REPUTATION. If you are too f#cking dumb to fathom that then go on about your day as i have nothing for you.
Yep, you're REALLY fucking dumb.
[Reply]
Fish 08:40 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Oh look, the tmz fanboy is getting emotional again :-) . My word you really are a clueless pr#ck aren't you? Hey, smartypants, let me educate you a little more. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE PUBLIC ARE "ANGRY" ABOUT. TMZ PUBLISHED A HEADLINE THAT WASN'T TRUE. A HEADLINE THAT HAD DISTORTED THE FACTS AND HELPED DAMAGE HIS REPUTATION. If you are too fucking dumb to fathom that then go on about your day as i have nothing for you.
The headline was irrelevant, dope. Hunt is unemployed because of his actions. He'd still be unemployed even if the headline was different.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up