ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
The Lounge>Cleveland PD Launch Investigation Into How NFL Obtained Kareem Hunt's Police Video
BlackOp 01:44 AM 12-06-2018
https://deadspin.com/report-clevelan...nfl-1830895837
[Reply]
threebag02 06:45 AM 12-06-2018
TMZ didn’t do shit out of nowhere. He knew about the video. All TMZ did was shoved him, then kicked him when he was down
[Reply]
Mecca 06:57 AM 12-06-2018
Actually heard Nick Wright talk about this on the radio yesterday and he said he felt like Kareem got a raw deal from all of the TV talking heads. He said this is an issue that isn't made for TV because of the way it's done and if you say one wrong thing it will become an out of text video clip that makes you look bad. Said a nuanced conversation that was what it required was more made for radio where you can talk longer and people don't grap caps of that.

Basically said no one on TV would even mention all the aspects of that video because of fear or losing their own jobs if someone screen grabbed them trying to be fair about it. Literally called them cowards who took the easy way out of the situation.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:02 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Why? The headline they used WAS misleading and they may have obtained the video in an underhand way, so why not?
Wow - you don't know how the law works.

Was it a clearly a misleading headline? Sensationalist, yes. Misleading, no.

As for how they obtained the video, there was a representative of the hotel who likely sold it to them. The only legal issue in that case is that the employee likely breached his employment contract as the video was the property of the hotel and the employee was not authorized to distribute it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:04 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) So Kareem Hunt is going to sue TMZ for using a sensationalist headline and the fact that they may have obtained the video illegally? Hell, that's tabloid journalism 101.
Deformation of character regarding that headline?
[Reply]
Superturtle 07:06 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Deformation of character regarding that headline?
Do you understand what sensationalism is?

Here, I'll give you a hand.


(especially in journalism) the use of exciting or shocking stories or language at the expense of accuracy, in order to provoke public interest or excitement.
"media sensationalism"
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:08 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Wow - you don't know how the law works.

Was it a clearly a misleading headline? Sensationalist, yes. Misleading, no.

As for how they obtained the video, there was a representative of the hotel who likely sold it to them. The only legal issue in that case is that the employee likely breached his employment contract as the video was the property of the hotel and the employee was not authorized to distribute it.
How the hell was it "not" misleading? Are you blind? Where did he "brutalize" the girl in that video? Please let me know because clearly i must have missed the five punch combo followed by a body slam :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:09 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Do you understand what sensationalism is?

Here, I'll give you a hand.


(especially in journalism) the use of exciting or shocking stories or language at the expense of accuracy, in order to provoke public interest or excitement.
"media sensationalism"
Again. DEFORMATION OF CHARACTER. i spelt it in caps as perhaps you missed it the first time :-) .
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:12 AM 12-06-2018
This is why we can't have nice things.
[Reply]
Superturtle 07:17 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Again. DEFORMATION OF CHARACTER. i spelt it in caps as perhaps you missed it the first time :-) .
It would only be defamation of character if TMZ published the story without any evidence. As it stands, they indeed have a video that shows Kareem Hunt shoving a woman to the ground and kicking her. I'm sorry that they used an over the top adverb that you don't like to describe what happened, but that isn't illegal.
[Reply]
jaa1025 07:17 AM 12-06-2018
I don't think he could sue the hotel because it was a video of the hallway and there is no invasion of privacy there.

He could sue TMZ for defamation of character though with that headline and potentially several media outlets. If it wasn't for the sensationalized and way over exaggerated headline he still has a job.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 AM 12-06-2018
You don't think there are KC cops who are Chief fans that wouldn't do the same for the Chiefs front office?
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:18 AM 12-06-2018
To win against TMZ, Hunt would have to prove that TMZ lied about him pushing and kicking that woman, which isn't going to happen because there's video of it.

Media organizations have pretty strong 1st amendment protections, for good reason.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:21 AM 12-06-2018
The bigger story here is the NFL knew about this incident, according to Cleveland PD, back in FEBRUARY.

That means the NFL has yet again lied about a physical altercation between a player and woman. The NFL again tried to sweep it under the rug.

The NFL told the Chiefs not to investigate. Why would they do that if they knew the contents of the video?
[Reply]
SupDock 07:21 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It would only be defamation of character if TMZ published the story without any evidence. As it stands, they indeed have a video that shows Kareem Hunt shoving a woman to the ground and kicking her. I'm sorry that they used an over the top adverb that you don't like to describe what happened, but that isn't illegal.
This is correct.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:22 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
I don't think he could sue the hotel because it was a video of the hallway and there is no invasion of privacy there.
Agreed. It's a public space no different from sidewalks. There is no expectation of privacy.
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
He could sue TMZ for defamation of character though with that headline and potentially several media outlets. If it wasn't for the sensationalized and way over exaggerated headline he still has a job.
TMZ has been sued so many times. Sensational and or misleading headlines are not going to stand for cause in court.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up