ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 35
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
The Lounge>Let's talk about the Ravens.
Direckshun 12:34 AM 12-03-2018
The Ravens are a uniquely weird team in Week 14 of the NFL season.

They're weird because their QB position is a great unknown.

Joe Flacco is, of course, the world's most underwhelming Super Bowl MVP, and has sucked this year. We know who he is, we have millions of hours of underwhelming tape to depressingly watch. And he returned to practice this week, but did not play, Eric Berry style.

But that might change. He may see the field.

Which is interesting, because their backup QB, Lamar Jackson, a 1st round selection by the Ravens (albeit with the 32nd pick), is a very weird player. He runs, and runs, and runs with the ball. His completion percentage is a not-terrible 60%. And he's only played three weeks, so tape on him is slim.

We know this: he is fast, he is not afraid to run the ball, and he's a damn gazelle when he does.

The good news: we can probably spy him. His weapons are bleak. Alex Collins is his #1 RB, and he's averaging 3.6 yards a carry. His #1 receiver is John Brown, who initially looked like Tyreek Hill when he first hit the league, but has since statistically slowed down and is now just a good receiver with very difficult speed to account for. Michael Crabtree is their #2 alongside Willie Snead, and Tyreek Hill has more yardage than both of those guys combined, but Crabtree has had good games against us in the past.

As a result, the Ravens are still somehow 13th in the league in yardage, they are averaging 25 points a game.

The Ravens have good pass protection, as they've only given up like 25 sacks or something like that. Ronnie Stanley is their LT.

But really, the Ravens offense wins by trying to run the ball, passing decently, and then letting Lamar Jackson get creative.

As far as the defense is concerned.................. biggest test of the year right here folks.

#1 rated defense in yardage (they're allowing under 300 yards/game).
#1 rated defense in points (they're allowing 17 points/game).

I think it's safe to say we're going to beat those averages but they should still slow us down pretty significantly. I don't know if Patty will have another 4 TD game here.

The Ravens get good pressure on the QB -- they're 9th in the league in sacks, and the pressure comes from everywhere. Suggs has always played well against us but he only has 5.5 this year. They blitz a good amount.

Simply put, the Ravens pass defense will be the biggest challenge Mahomes faces all year. They're allowing under 200 yards passing all season. Eric Weddle is a goddamn general at the back of their defense, and they've got a solid corner or two despite the fact that none of their corners are true ballhawks. Brandon Carr will make a rare appearance against the Chiefs, which is whatever, but he's apparently playing well.

The Ravens have a mean defensive line, and maybe the meanest NT in the league in Brandon Williams. I'm willing to bet they drop everyone in coverage, smother Kelce, and dare Spencer Ware to beat their DL. That's a very tall order, and I don't think our run game is up to the challenge. Mahomes will need to tap every ounce of his MVP talent to get yardage.

In special teams, they have arguably the greatest kicker in modern NFL history in Justin Tucker. They've had one punt return for a TD.

They're 7-5. They're on a three game win streak. Lamar Jackson has started all three games.

Their wins: Bills, Broncos, @Steelers, @Titans, Bengals (no Dalton), Raiders, @Falcons
Losses: @Bengals (Dalton), @Browns, Saints, @Panthers, Steelers

That schedule is all over the place. They beat Pitt in Pitt, but pathetically lose to the Browns. The most damning game on the schedule is the Saints game, where they only lost by a point.

How is this team so good? I've asked before. They have no elite talent on offense and are still racking up yardage and point. They have a damn good defense but don't intercept the ball and they don't have any sack masters like the Chiefs do.

What is going on?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:39 AM 12-03-2018
Ravens have beaten the Bengals, Raiders and Falcons - all struggling teams, in the last 3 weeks.

Jackson is a bit of a fluke at QB right now, more of a rushing threat (2 TDs) with 119 yards and back to back 70+ yards on the ground. Passing - very generic with 1 passing TD in 3 games and passing yards between 128-175.

Nothing stellar.

It's really all about their defense playing at a high level.

KC at home should throttle the Ravens. I'd love to see the Ravens win, but the history for 1st time QBs in Arrowhead is poor and they're just not a good offensive team right now.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 AM 12-03-2018
Jackson is a more athletic Tim Tebow.

Chiefs should win handily/
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:40 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
I didn't say it would work....did I?
Never insisted that you said that.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 12-03-2018
Funny posts, even though the Raiders suck we do realize even bad teams don't get blown out in the NFL right?

If you go look at the teams with the worst records they'll have a bunch of close losses, that's the NFL.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:43 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bullshit. BULLSHIT! ****ING BULLSHIT!!! You know why people are pissed about how they played in the 2nd half? Because they pulled the same ****ing bullshit against the Colts and Titans in the playoffs. What happened? They ****ing LOST
We donít lose those games if Patrick Lavon Mahomes II is starting
[Reply]
carcosa 10:45 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
So right now weíre listed day to day?
huh
[Reply]
staylor26 10:46 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Funny posts, even though the Raiders suck we do realize even bad teams don't get blown out in the NFL right?

If you go look at the teams with the worst records they'll have a bunch of close losses, that's the NFL.
CP clearly doesnít watch the rest of the NFL
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:53 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
CP clearly doesn’t watch the rest of the NFL
You’re right. The last 5 years have been tough to even watch the chiefs. Alex killed any Sunday joy with the chiefs.

I watch/listen to the chiefs because Mahomes. . Other than that I find more interesting things to do with my time. You know, family, grand daughter, etc...


The product is to predictable especially with the NFL officials. One can pretty much call a game and predict exactly how it’s going to play out.

So I watch 100% chiefs and about 5-10% other games.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:00 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
N O itís because chiefs.

Good thing we never lost in the playoffs lead big in the 4th qtr.
That literally has nothing to do with the Raiders game or the Ravens game or any other game we play.

Nothing.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:01 AM 12-03-2018
I've said it once I'll say it again- this Chiefs defense absolutely needs the home crowd advantage to be an effective unit. Day and night difference when this team plays at home, if the Chiefs are poised for a long playoff run I believe they need to be the #1 seed.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:04 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I've said it once I'll say it again- this Chiefs defense absolutely needs the home crowd advantage to be an effective unit. Day and night difference when this team plays at home, if the Chiefs are poised for a long playoff run I believe they need to be the #1 seed.
I think we are giving up an average of 17 points a game at home. Some of it is who we have played and some of it is we play better defense at home.

HFA is huge for the playoffs for every team, but especially this one.
[Reply]
JohnDONsey 11:07 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We donít lose those games if Patrick Lavon Mahomes II is starting
lol is his middle name really lavon?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:09 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ravens have beaten the Bengals, Raiders and Falcons - all struggling teams, in the last 3 weeks.

Jackson is a bit of a fluke at QB right now, more of a rushing threat (2 TDs) with 119 yards and back to back 70+ yards on the ground. Passing - very generic with 1 passing TD in 3 games and passing yards between 128-175.

Nothing stellar.

It's really all about their defense playing at a high level.

KC at home should throttle the Ravens. I'd love to see the Ravens win, but the history for 1st time QBs in Arrowhead is poor and they're just not a good offensive team right now.
You'd love to see the Ravens win?

Your team just squeaked back into the playoff picture and the Ravens are probably the most immediate team you're competing with for that sixth and final spot. You should be rooting for the Chiefs in this one. You have no chance of catching them. If the Ravens win, your playoff hopes are pretty much done.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:19 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
You'd love to see the Ravens win?

Your team just squeaked back into the playoff picture and the Ravens are probably the most immediate team you're competing with for that sixth and final spot. You should be rooting for the Chiefs in this one. You have no chance of catching them. If the Ravens win, your playoff hopes are pretty much done.
There is probably a good chance he doesn't want the Broncos to get a meaningless WC spot and for Radio to keep his job.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:22 AM 12-03-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
There is probably a good chance he doesn't want the Broncos to get a meaningless WC spot and for Radio to keep his job.
That's fine and I certainly understand that logic, but he already went on record in the Donkos thread saying he was on board for them to continue to win and wanted to see them make the playoffs, if it was possible.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 35
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up