ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
sully1983 01:46 PM 09-19-2018
looks like your typical generic / cookie cutter / assembly line/ MCU movie . In other words , this looks blah.
[Reply]
FAX 03:45 PM 09-19-2018
I like it very much. But more of a "teaser", actually.

It really looks like this may be a genre film ... thinking maybe an homage to those '90s sci-fi flicks. (Of which, there are many excellent ones.)

I don't think the effects are 100% done, though.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 03:49 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a blatant Girl Power "Get more females to watch comic book movies" schtick. They're making Ms. Marvel into something she never was, and it feels like they're doing it just for SJW reasons. While seemingly eliminating one of the most powerful heroes ever in Warlock, who is 100 times more interesting of a character than Danvers. It doesn't make sense. Hell even Thor is exponentially more powerful than Ms. Marvel.

Whatever... I just hope Warlock has some kind of future in the MCU, since they already teased it...
I don't know, man ... there have been some very good sci-fi films that featured female leads. You know which ones.

It can, has, and does work.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 04:34 PM 09-19-2018
THEORY TIME WITH FAX!

Okay ... I've been going through the trailer a little and noticed again the reference Danvers (sp?) makes regarding her "memories" or "flashbacks" and how she thinks she may have a history on Earth but isn't sure. K?

Now, I think that just prior to Stephen Strange's horrific car crash, he's on the phone with some dude who's talking about possible cases. If I remember correctly, one of those was a girl with schizophrenia.

Did his car crash take place in the '90s?

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:29 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
THEORY TIME WITH FAX!

Okay ... I've been going through the trailer a little and noticed again the reference Danvers (sp?) makes regarding her "memories" or "flashbacks" and how she thinks she may have a history on Earth but isn't sure. K?

Now, I think that just prior to Stephen Strange's horrific car crash, he's on the phone with some dude who's talking about possible cases. If I remember correctly, one of those was a girl with schizophrenia.

Did his car crash take place in the '90s?

FAX
Doubtful, as he was looking at an MRI on the screen of his smartphone, iirc.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:28 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Did his car crash take place in the '90s?

FAX
No, in the same scene the person he is on the phone with mentions an army dude that is paralyzed from the waist down. This is a reference to War Machine (played by Don Cheadle) getting injured in Civil War.

This scene;

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 09:12 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
No, in the same scene the person he is on the phone with mentions an army dude that is paralyzed from the waist down. This is a reference to War Machine (played by Don Cheadle) getting injured in Civil War.

This scene;
Actually I'm pretty sure that was referencing the guy that had his body snapped in half in iron man 2. When Justin hammer was testifying against tony to the congress.


[Reply]
FAX 10:01 PM 09-19-2018
Guys, guys ... Simmah!!! Simmah down nah!!!

(This is after he talks about the Air Force Colonel who suffered a broken spine while using experimental armor.)

In the car, Dr. Strange is talking to some dude named "Billy". Billy says a 22-year-old female has an implant in her brain to control schizophrenia and she was struck by lightning.

Then, Dr. Strange says, "Well ... that does sound interesting."

Then, he crashes his car.

Okay?

FAX THE PARAPHRASER
[Reply]
FAX 10:03 PM 09-19-2018
Oh ... and based on the trailer, it looks like some alien race is implanting something in Danvers' skull. Implant, check.

Then she talks about these "memories" that aren't really like memories. Schizophrenia, check.

I don't know how they get the "struck by lightning" part, though. Maybe she is blasted by some kind of ray in the film.

FAX THE CONFIDENT THERE MAY BE A CONNECTION HERE
[Reply]
Setsuna 11:30 AM 09-21-2018
Looks boring and SJW propaganda. No thanks. She's the Kristen Stewart of actresses.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 12:50 PM 09-21-2018
meh.
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:30 AM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Wasn't an Avenger, but was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He's got a really weird history. Even teamed up with Thanos in the comics at one point, to battle a big bad guy. Owned the soul stone for a long time. Which drove him psychotic. And then his evil psychosis became its own physical entity and turned into a villian. He accidentally destroyed the entire universe at one point too.
Warlock and Thanos are/were Boys.

And when he ended Infinity Gauntlet in possession of it, he subconsciously expelled good and evil from himself to be a better God, the evil manifested into that villain.....The Magus..
[Reply]
Rausch 01:26 PM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Looks boring and SJW propaganda. No thanks.
This.

I can keep politics out of it but I doubt Disney can at this point...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:53 PM 09-25-2018
"Ok, we need to make sure people know this takes place in the 90's, how are we going to do it?"

"Throw in a Blockbuster store."



Looks decent enough.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:10 PM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
"Ok, we need to make sure people know this takes place in the 90's, how are we going to do it?"

"Throw in a Blockbuster store."



Looks decent enough.
And they toss in a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt for good measure.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up