ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Fish 12:41 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Is that for sure the plan? I though Captain Marvel was also involved anyway?
Not entirely sure, but that's definitely how it looks at this point. The credits scene from Infinity War was Fury sending a distress call to Ms. Marvel. And Feige has repeatedly said he's making her the strongest Avenger to date.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:39 PM 09-18-2018
You guys are going to whine about the 'sjw' bullshit and then see the movie anyways. You're already sold, regardless. It's all the other people who aren't you (or me) that they're doing this for, to bring into the theaters, people who aren't traditional old, mostly white, mostly male comic book nerds. And they're going to make BILLIONS doing it.

Good trailer. I'm excited.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:01 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
You guys are going to whine about the 'sjw' bullshit and then see the movie anyways. You're already sold, regardless. It's all the other people who aren't you (or me) that they're doing this for, to bring into the theaters, people who aren't traditional old, mostly white, mostly male comic book nerds. And they're going to make BILLIONS doing it.

Good trailer. I'm excited.


How'd that work for Ghostbusters? How's that been doing for the last couple of Star Wars movies?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:38 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How'd that work for Ghostbusters? How's that been doing for the last couple of Star Wars movies?
I just hope they tell a good story.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:01 PM 09-18-2018
I know Feige mentioned he'd like to add a Ms. Marvel movie down the road with kamala khan too.

Trailer was pretty good. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:43 AM 09-19-2018
Meh. I'll see it just because it leads up to A4.

Not a big fan of women superheros being the main feat character. Wonder Woman was meh...I saw it more due to the fact that Gal Gadot is a fuckin babe.

The only way a Black Widow movie would be cool is if they made it R rated and made it dark as fuck...and mult scenes where ScarJo gets naked. BUT...that would never happen so fuck it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:42 AM 09-19-2018
This isn't Kathleen Kennedy. This is Marvel Studios.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt at the very least.

I'm pumped for this.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:34 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Not entirely sure, but that's definitely how it looks at this point. The credits scene from Infinity War was Fury sending a distress call to Ms. Marvel. And Feige has repeatedly said he's making her the strongest Avenger to date.
Warlock isn't/wasn't an Avenger. Unless I'm wrong on that?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:35 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
You guys are going to whine about the 'sjw' bullshit and then see the movie anyways. You're already sold, regardless. It's all the other people who aren't you (or me) that they're doing this for, to bring into the theaters, people who aren't traditional old, mostly white, mostly male comic book nerds. And they're going to make BILLIONS doing it.

Good trailer. I'm excited.
Hell yeah I'm going to go see it. Trailer looks good. Marvel hasn't disappointed yet.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:39 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How'd that work for Ghostbusters? How's that been doing for the last couple of Star Wars movies?
Ghostbusters isn't Marvel. Nobody knew Star Wars fell into your "SJW" category until the movie was released, and the "SJW" parts weren't the worst part of that movie. Crying about social issues or crying about the people crying about social issues are both equally pathetic.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:42 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How'd that work for Ghostbusters? How's that been doing for the last couple of Star Wars movies?
All of these concerns were also put on Black Panther.

That worked out pretty well. People need to take a chill pill. Marvel's got this.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:16 AM 09-19-2018
isnt this the chick that Rogue sort of accidentally murdered, permanently absorbing her powers and gained flying super strength etc?
[Reply]
Fish 11:01 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Warlock isn't/wasn't an Avenger. Unless I'm wrong on that?
Wasn't an Avenger, but was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He's got a really weird history. Even teamed up with Thanos in the comics at one point, to battle a big bad guy. Owned the soul stone for a long time. Which drove him psychotic. And then his evil psychosis became its own physical entity and turned into a villian. He accidentally destroyed the entire universe at one point too.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:11 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
isnt this the chick that Rogue sort of accidentally murdered, permanently absorbing her powers and gained flying super strength etc?
Not murdered, put into a coma, but yeah. I'm a little excited we might get to see some form of that in a movie somewhere down the line.

Also I don't understand people saying Captain Marvel shouldn't be that powerful. Her regular powers are the basic Superman set (strength/flight/invulnerability) and when she has her Binary powers she's exponentially more powerful than that. Like, destroy planets powerful.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:11 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Ghostbusters isn't Marvel. Nobody knew Star Wars fell into your "SJW" category until the movie was released, and the "SJW" parts weren't the worst part of that movie. Crying about social issues or crying about the people crying about social issues are both equally pathetic.
I'd be willing to respond to the meat of what you're saying, but your post makes no sense at all, sorry.

Simple reality, though, shows that people don't generally like it when you screw around too much with source material when you're dealing with entrenched iconic stuff, and they especially don't like it when you're doing it for blatantly political reasons. Exceptions happen, but the rule remains the rule.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up