ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Media Center>Finally a movie I've marked my calendar for
Nzoner 07:15 AM 05-18-2018

[Reply]
Frazod 11:35 PM 11-02-2018
Probably going to see this on Sunday. RT score 59% critics, 94% fans.

I figure most of the critics are just pissed that it's not two hours of hardcore gay sex.
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:11 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I really enjoyed it. I can see both sides of the critical argument, though, that it was too light in order to get the pg13, but I really didn't care. It was fun and ultimately Freddie Mercury only ever wanted to entertain people. There are lots of criticisms about the license taken with the truth and timeline, and I can see those too, but again they didn't bother me.
As a huge Queen fan I have to admit I was a little puzzled about the timeline of two of the hits.That said,it was still two thumbs up,I thought Rami Malek absolutely nailed the role of Freddie.
I would give one recommendation,if at possible see it on IMAX,the music was awesome and we sat until the last credit rolled just to take in the final two songs.
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:13 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Oh and also, anyone else see Queen in Kansas City? I was at the 1982 Kemper concert. I loved it, one of the only big concerts I really enjoyed. I was supposed to go to the 1980 at Kemper, but my older sister got grounded and my dad wouldn't drop me off for a concert alone at 10 years old, nor would he go with me. Instead, he went down there and sold the tickets. (at face value, my father would never scalp!) God I cried alot that night.
Yes,I was at both shows.
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:27 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Please tell me they play ‘Flash Gordon’ in this?
No,there is only so much that can go into a two hour film,in fact I was thinking this story could easily be one of those 10,hell even 20 part series on Netflix.

I can tell you there's a documentary called Days Of Our Lives that's almost 4 hours long that's a must see for any Queen fan.


[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:43 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
No,there is only so much that can go into a two hour film,in fact I was thinking this story could easily be one of those 10,hell even 20 part series on Netflix.

I can tell you there's a documentary called Days Of Our Lives that's almost 4 hours long that's a must see for any Queen fan.

Can't find this streaming in full anywhere, guess I'm gonna have to buy the BluRay. Thanks for putting this on my radar, Joe!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:51 AM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
No,there is only so much that can go into a two hour film,in fact I was thinking this story could easily be one of those 10,hell even 20 part series on Netflix.

I can tell you there's a documentary called Days Of Our Lives that's almost 4 hours long that's a must see for any Queen fan.


Cool. Thanks.

Looks like a really fun movie. Will check it out.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:12 AM 11-03-2018
I took my wife to see this last night for our anniversary. We loved it. The actors nailed their roles, especially for Freddie. All four guys were quite different and I think they did a good job showing that contrast. There was no need to go too deep into Freddies fall into the rock in roll lifestyle, I am glad they kept it classy and showed how much he struggled to be himself.

This movie brought a lot of memories flooding back. The 1982 show at Kemper where I saw Queen and Billy Squire from the 6th row. I was 15 and it made a huge impression. It is hard to describe the raw power that band had and the way Freddie absolutely controlled an audience. Brian May is one of the greatest guitarists of all time, Roger and Deacon very underrated as well. Nobody has ever sounded like Queen and never will. I have seen hundreds of bands and that show is still a top 10 for sure.

It was difficult for me to watch the last half of the show. I was a huge fan of Queen and Freddie. I am glad they didn't show him on his deathbed. A close friend went down the same path of cocaine and reckless sex. He died of Aids as well. A scene when Freddie is getting his diagnosis brought that memory back. A fan sings to him on the way out and shows how horrible Aids is. The dynamic with his family is very familiar as well. The scenes with his dad echoed my own life.

The movie does a great job with the Wembley scene showing what a true legend he was. I watched that concert Live on television and Queen stole the show. Mike Myers is awesome in this as well. Some might complain that a few songs were out of the timeline and they took liberty with facts, but the heart and soul of the movie stayed true. We stayed to the end and listened to the songs Freddie recorded before his death. On with the Show- I think was his last.

Freddie was a lonely, complicated, brilliant, funny, extraordinary person and the movie shows all these layers. So I think it did its job.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:59 PM 11-03-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Can't find this streaming in full anywhere, guess I'm gonna have to buy the BluRay. Thanks for putting this on my radar, Joe!
EDIT: Quello has it, but only the 2 hour original version. None of the additional interviews or music.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:09 PM 11-03-2018
I LOVED this movie. No idea how critics don't like it.
[Reply]
Nzoner 02:43 AM 11-04-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I took my wife to see this last night for our anniversary. We loved it. The actors nailed their roles, especially for Freddie. All four guys were quite different and I think they did a good job showing that contrast. There was no need to go too deep into Freddies fall into the rock in roll lifestyle, I am glad they kept it classy and showed how much he struggled to be himself.

This movie brought a lot of memories flooding back. The 1982 show at Kemper where I saw Queen and Billy Squire from the 6th row. I was 15 and it made a huge impression. It is hard to describe the raw power that band had and the way Freddie absolutely controlled an audience. Brian May is one of the greatest guitarists of all time, Roger and Deacon very underrated as well. Nobody has ever sounded like Queen and never will. I have seen hundreds of bands and that show is still a top 10 for sure.

It was difficult for me to watch the last half of the show. I was a huge fan of Queen and Freddie. I am glad they didn't show him on his deathbed. A close friend went down the same path of cocaine and reckless sex. He died of Aids as well. A scene when Freddie is getting his diagnosis brought that memory back. A fan sings to him on the way out and shows how horrible Aids is. The dynamic with his family is very familiar as well. The scenes with his dad echoed my own life.

The movie does a great job with the Wembley scene showing what a true legend he was. I watched that concert Live on television and Queen stole the show. Mike Myers is awesome in this as well. Some might complain that a few songs were out of the timeline and they took liberty with facts, but the heart and soul of the movie stayed true. We stayed to the end and listened to the songs Freddie recorded before his death. On with the Show- I think was his last.

Freddie was a lonely, complicated, brilliant, funny, extraordinary person and the movie shows all these layers. So I think it did its job.
Nice review and the last song is The Show Must Go On,a great song


[Reply]
Nzoner 02:51 AM 11-04-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
EDIT: Quello has it, but only the 2 hour original version. None of the additional interviews or music.
I own the Blu-Ray,part of my Queen collection,also have Live Aid,Live at the Bowl,Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert etc.

Hopefully you get to see it all,it is two thumbs way up.
[Reply]
Nzoner 02:53 AM 11-04-2018
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I LOVED this movie. No idea how critics don't like it.
I think Frazod nailed it with his comment above.
[Reply]
dilligaf 07:06 PM 11-04-2018
Just got back from watching this movie and we thought it was great. The rest of the audience did as well because there was a lot of applause at the end.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:10 AM 11-05-2018
‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Hits Higher Note At Weekend B.O. With $51M Opening
[Reply]
Frazod 11:15 AM 11-05-2018
I was going to go this past weekend, but decided to wait and let the crowds die down a bit.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up