ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 294
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
The Lounge>2018 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 05:51 PM 01-02-2018
Opening day lineup

Fowler RF
Pham CF
Carpenter 3B
Ozuna LF
Martinez 1B
Molina C
Dejong SS
Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018




Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 03:53 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's old enough now that he will never learn to do that. I assume the Jays think they can accentuate what he actually can do (his power) and possibly replace Pillar in center in the next year or two.
He has ZERO understanding of the strike zone. Grichuk thinks plate discipline is a way not to get fat.
[Reply]
Swanman 04:25 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's old enough now that he will never learn to do that. I assume the Jays think they can accentuate what he actually can do (his power) and possibly replace Pillar in center in the next year or two.
He absolutely kills cripple pitches. As DJ said many times, he is a perfect No. 7 hitter in the NL (so a 7 or 8 in the AL). He will murder bad middle relievers who miss over the plate. When he does go through short stretches of not swinging at slop, his numbers become ungodly. Unfortunately, he did that for a total of like 2 weeks during his entire career with the Cards.
[Reply]
dls6501 08:08 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Except for the fact he gets torched every time hes brought up.
Yeah his 2.55 ERA and 1.08 whip last year proves what you just said to be absolutely false.
[Reply]
Pasta Giant Meatball 08:23 PM 01-22-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Ozuna, Pham and Fowler is a pretty decent outfield, correct?
2 out of 3...
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:58 AM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
2 out of 3...
Pham, had a career year last year but I'm not convinced it's sustainable.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:29 AM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Pham, had a career year last year but I'm not convinced it's sustainable.
I expect some regression. If he stays healthy (and they can keep his eyesight adjustments on track) I think we will get plus production both offensively and defensively (above league averages) in a key position.

His plate discipline and plate coverage is excellent. One year wonders are usually because they have holes that can be exploited. His hole will be his sight. If he can see fine, I doubt we see a significant dip in production.

The huge plus is he costs us peanuts.
[Reply]
VAChief 01:47 PM 01-24-2018
This is the player I am more curious about whether he is for real.

"The best hitter you know nothing about"

https://www.mlb.com/news/jose-martin...18/c-264948180
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:30 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I expect some regression. If he stays healthy (and they can keep his eyesight adjustments on track) I think we will get plus production both offensively and defensively (above league averages) in a key position.

His plate discipline and plate coverage is excellent. One year wonders are usually because they have holes that can be exploited. His hole will be his sight. If he can see fine, I doubt we see a significant dip in production.

The huge plus is he costs us peanuts.
and because of his injury history and eyesight, hes not worth anything in trade what is value is to us if he can repeat 2017.
[Reply]
BDj23 06:12 PM 01-25-2018
Just booked my hotel for opening day weekend.

April 5th 6th and 7th @ the Hyatt Regency at the Arch.

I've never been to opening day before, there is a lot a of hoopla before the game right? Don't they have a parade? Anyone know when single game tix go on sale? I think late Feb.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:22 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Just booked my hotel for opening day weekend.

April 5th 6th and 7th @ the Hyatt Regency at the Arch.

I've never been to opening day before, there is a lot a of hoopla before the game right? Don't they have a parade? Anyone know when single game tix go on sale? I think late Feb.
Should be especially fun this year, usually the Home Opener is a day game. 6:15 start this year, which means people will be lubed up and ready to go.

I'd plan to hit Paddy O's starting around 11.
[Reply]
BDj23 06:28 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Should be especially fun this year, usually the Home Opener is a day game. 6:15 start this year, which means people will be lubed up and ready to go.

I'd plan to hit Paddy O's starting around 11.
That's usually where i go pre-game!
[Reply]
VAChief 06:52 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Just booked my hotel for opening day weekend.

April 5th 6th and 7th @ the Hyatt Regency at the Arch.

I've never been to opening day before, there is a lot a of hoopla before the game right? Don't they have a parade? Anyone know when single game tix go on sale? I think late Feb.
Enjoy! I have only made two opening days. One in St. Louis at Busch II in 1981 vs the Phillies, great seats behind home plate and one row behind the Phillies. wives. We were brutal to them as drunk college assholes can be.

Second one was ironically in Philly in 2006, Rolen is booed vociferously, then proceeds to hit 2 homers and send them home losers. I enjoyed their foiled rath as much as just about any regular season victory in memory.

St. Louis puts on a great show, have a blast, hopefully Ill be able to get back there for another one some day.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:02 PM 01-25-2018
Brewers get Yelich

OF Lewis Brinson, OF Monte Harrison, INF Isan Diaz and RHP Jordan Yamamoto. #1, #5 and #9 in BA's Top-10

Good deal? What would have been a comparable deal from us?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:07 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Brewers get Yelich

OF Lewis Brinson, OF Monte Harrison, INF Isan Diaz and RHP Jordan Yamamoto. #1, #5 and #9 in BA's Top-10

Good deal? What would have been a comparable deal from ya?
And they just signed Lorenzo Cain.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 PM 01-25-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
And they just signed Lorenzo Cain.


Outfield by combined WAR:#STLCards: 13.4#Brewers: 10.1#Cubs: 3.6

— Cardinals Rant (@CardinalsRant_) January 26, 2018

[Reply]
Page 6 of 294
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up