ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 89
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:00 PM 09-19-2015
Anyone played Mad Max? How is it? Really tempted to pick it up....
[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:30 AM 09-21-2015
mad max is $15 on cdkeys with DLC. I have not played it, but at the price it is well worth the risk: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc
[Reply]
mac459 01:42 PM 09-22-2015
Been playing Mad Max for a little while every night for about a week and love it so far..wish they didn't have so many cut scenes and talking for all the missions..driving is good..you can actually tell your car handles better as you upgrade..fighting is pretty good..I think the blocking and parrying blows could be better..I might just sick at it tho..lots of missions and side missions to do..overall I love it and want to play it more than I do
[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:48 AM 09-23-2015
Any of you that have beat MGSV, do you agree with this:

[Reply]
Blankey 12:22 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Any of you that have beat MGSV, do you agree with this:
Yeah pretty much. Chapter 1 (the first 40 or so hours) was one of the best things I've played in the last 5 years. After that the game was structured oddly with repeating missions and it just felt unfinished. The gameplay started to get repetitive and my enthusiasm for it diminished.
Also the twist was super predictable if you play the first mission and know Kojima's brand of bullshit-ery.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:05 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Blankey:
Yeah pretty much. Chapter 1 (the first 40 or so hours) was one of the best things I've played in the last 5 years. After that the game was structured oddly with repeating missions and it just felt unfinished. The gameplay started to get repetitive and my enthusiasm for it diminished.
Also the twist was super predictable if you play the first mission and know Kojima's brand of bullshit-ery.
Yep. Pretty much all of this.
[Reply]
Miles 09:12 PM 09-23-2015
I have been out of gaming in recent years but picked up a PS4 a few months ago. Completely missed Borderland 2 so got the remastered Handsome Collection and have been playing the hell out of it the past month. So good.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:22 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
I have been out of gaming in recent years but picked up a PS4 a few months ago. Completely missed Borderland 2 so got the remastered Handsome Collection and have been playing the hell out of it the past month. So good.
Yeah, I picked that up about a month ago. I just can't seem to get into it.
[Reply]
Miles 12:06 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Yeah, I picked that up about a month ago. I just can't seem to get into it.
Once I got though the initial missions when you are set in an area it picked up and got really addictive. The RPG/gameplay mechanics are pretty simple which helped me get into it easily but stuff like nuances with the weapons and the game world/characters really drew me in.
[Reply]
Miles 12:10 AM 09-24-2015
Has anyone seen any good recent deals for trading in a last gen console towards an Xbox One? Saw quite a few this summer that I should have jumped at with my 360 collecting dust and being an older shitty 20GB model.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:14 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
Has anyone seen any good recent deals for trading in a last gen console towards an Xbox One? Saw quite a few this summer that I should have jumped at with my 360 collecting dust and being an older shitty 20GB model.
If I were you, I'd sell that fucker on Craig's List or eBay with all the games etc.
or maybe try to trade up via CL/eBay. Don't take it GameStop of anything like that unless you have a shit ton of their points saved up.
You'll get twice what GStop would give you just selling to a private party.

As a matter of fact, what games/hardware do you have that you'd be willing to throw in? I may know someone.
[Reply]
Miles 12:40 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
If I were you, I'd sell that fucker on Craig's List or eBay with all the games etc.
or maybe try to trade up via CL/eBay. Don't take it GameStop of anything like that unless you have a shit ton of their points saved up.
You'll get twice what GStop would give you just selling to a private party.

As a matter of fact, what games/hardware do you have that you'd be willing to throw in? I may know someone.
Microsoft was offering something like $150 towards an Xbox One a month or two ago and didn't distinguish between the models. Regret not jumping at that.

Definitely won't take it to gamestop or the like since I'd just keep it around for that little. Seems like there are too many new good games on better systems and with my limited time I won't go back the 360.

I have two controllers, official battery pack and charger that kinda work and around 15-20 or so games mostly from 2011 with the newest being Halo 4. Have been considering just putting it all up on ebay and getting whatever. I have been meaning to do that with my old ass original xbox forever as well.
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:02 AM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
Microsoft was offering something like $150 towards an Xbox One a month or two ago and didn't distinguish between the models. Regret not jumping at that.

Definitely won't take it to gamestop or the like since I'd just keep it around for that little. Seems like there are too many new good games on better systems and with my limited time I won't go back the 360.

I have two controllers, official battery pack and charger that kinda work and around 15-20 or so games mostly from 2011 with the newest being Halo 4. Have been considering just putting it all up on ebay and getting whatever. I have been meaning to do that with my old ass original xbox forever as well.
Shit, you could probably get close to 2 hundy for all that. Just make sure Kinect doesn't come too. That'll drop the price significantly. :-)
[Reply]
The Pest 01:52 PM 09-24-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
I have been out of gaming in recent years but picked up a PS4 a few months ago. Completely missed Borderland 2 so got the remastered Handsome Collection and have been playing the hell out of it the past month. So good.
Completely ignore The Pre-Sequel. That game is horrible and should be not be compared to Borderlands 2.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:00 AM 09-26-2015
I have a PS4.....but recent titles such as mario builder and mario kart have got my interest in possibly picking up the Wii U.

Anybody have one....is it worth it? Any upgrade to Wii Sports/Resort yet?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 89
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up