ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix Daredevil
Deberg_1990 06:42 PM 02-04-2015

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:38 PM 04-12-2015
Need to get enough new fans hooked.

Then drop Born Again as a season and watch the fans lose their minds ala Red Wedding.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:39 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by Barret:
I binge watched it this weekend. Best Comic book show being produced. It is ultra violent. I didn't know you could decapitate someone with a SUV door.

All the Characters seem to have been built up so you care about them and there isn't a lot of "cheesy" stuff going on. I remember someone mentioning in one of the trailers about the nurse saying "you are blind but you see so much" as being cheese but once you see that part and see the context then it makes more sense.

To chime in with that others are saying "D'Onofrio is awesome" is a very correct statement and Charlie Day does extremely well in this show.

My question is how do we see how well the showing is doing? Meaning on normal TV shows you can see the Neilson numbers and how many millions are watching something. Is netflix going to come out and say the numbers on this? I am concerned because I am really getting into the show but have been burned several times by networks taking off something that was interesting.

Netflix knows exactly how many people are watching their shows but they don't ever release the numbers
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:01 PM 04-12-2015
Its pretty good, but I can see why it was released all at once. Some of the pacing on it is a bit slow, so I could really see myself losing interest if I had to wait a week between episodes.

Im guessing this is early, but Wilson Fisk seems incredibly underwhelming to me. Not a weakness on the part of Vince D'Onofrio by any means, but the way that Fisk is being written.

Wilson Fisk in the comics and Videogames is not a guy you cross, ever. He's got people stressing him out, talking shit to him, etc... I guess if this is an origin story, I buy it because he hasn't made it to full on "Kingpin" status yet. Im up to episode 9 of I think 13, so it may pick up.

Im really liking what Ive seen so far, when one episode ends, its tough to not immediately jump to the next one.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:22 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Its pretty good, but I can see why it was released all at once.
Netflix releases all its original shows this way.
[Reply]
digger 07:40 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Netflix releases all its original shows this way.
I read that's going to change. (no link)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:14 PM 04-12-2015
Caught the 1st episode...def will be watching it all
[Reply]
unlurking 09:50 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by Barret:
I binge watched it this weekend. Best Comic book show being produced. It is ultra violent. I didn't know you could decapitate someone with a SUV door.

All the Characters seem to have been built up so you care about them and there isn't a lot of "cheesy" stuff going on. I remember someone mentioning in one of the trailers about the nurse saying "you are blind but you see so much" as being cheese but once you see that part and see the context then it makes more sense.

To chime in with that others are saying "D'Onofrio is awesome" is a very correct statement and Charlie Day does extremely well in this show.

My question is how do we see how well the showing is doing? Meaning on normal TV shows you can see the Neilson numbers and how many millions are watching something. Is netflix going to come out and say the numbers on this? I am concerned because I am really getting into the show but have been burned several times by networks taking off something that was interesting.
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/daredevil/s01/

Great reviews so far. 97% with critics, 98% with audience. This will definitely not be a one and done. Really making me jones for some Iron Fist!
[Reply]
unlurking 09:54 PM 04-12-2015
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Its pretty good, but I can see why it was released all at once. Some of the pacing on it is a bit slow, so I could really see myself losing interest if I had to wait a week between episodes.

Im guessing this is early, but Wilson Fisk seems incredibly underwhelming to me. Not a weakness on the part of Vince D'Onofrio by any means, but the way that Fisk is being written.

Wilson Fisk in the comics and Videogames is not a guy you cross, ever. He's got people stressing him out, talking shit to him, etc... I guess if this is an origin story, I buy it because he hasn't made it to full on "Kingpin" status yet. Im up to episode 9 of I think 13, so it may pick up.

Im really liking what Ive seen so far, when one episode ends, its tough to not immediately jump to the next one.
Yeah, I would definitely describe him as "young" this season. I think this season was meant as a crucible to forge both Daredevil and Kingpin. Which I think is awesome, as opposed to a more shadowy villain where the primary draw is mystery. I like knowing more about Fisk. I wasn't a big DD fan, but this show is definitely making me adjust that and go grab some TPBs. People keep mentioning Frank Miller's run and Born Again, so I think I'll pick those up.

Curious to hear impressions on Fisk after the full season.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:37 AM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by unlurking:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/daredevil/s01/

Great reviews so far. 97% with critics, 98% with audience. This will definitely not be a one and done. Really making me jones for some Iron Fist!
They are developing a Netflix Luke Cage series .
[Reply]
stumppy 03:07 AM 04-13-2015
Damnit, I read this thread last night and I've been on an all night binge since.

Daredevil has moved into my top 3. These fight scenes make me want to go out and administer a good old fashioned country ass whippin to some random scumbag thats got one coming.:-)
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 04:30 PM 04-13-2015
In the first episode fight with the dude that was abducting women, why does the dude rack the slide on his pistol the second time? I get some people don't keep a round in the chamber so the first rack of the slide is fair enough, but after firing a good 9 rounds there is not a single reason outside of a reload or malfunction to manipulate the slide.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:44 PM 04-13-2015
Only watched 1.5 episodes so far but I'm very impressed.

DD was always a C list character I didn't bother much with. Amazing what some good writing and solid performances can do...
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:26 PM 04-13-2015
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
They are developing a Netflix Luke Cage series .
Next is Jessica Jones. Then Luke Cage, then Iron Fist, then a series of the four of them together as the Defenders.

I can't wait to see what they do with Luke Cage.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:29 PM 04-13-2015
Meh, shitty internet slums /Dane
[Reply]
thabear04 01:09 AM 04-14-2015
Great first season.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up