ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 51
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!



I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:14 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Never been able to get into the whole zombie thing....same with the whole vampire fad...never could get into true blood although like walking dead, everyone tells me its a badass show. Maybe someday ill come around.
I've always been "meh" about the Zombie craze as well. I had RL friends putting together zombie apocalypse packs and shit.

The show though... is badass. I'm so glad I put my ego aside and just watched it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:24 PM 02-12-2015
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I've always been "meh" about the Zombie craze as well. I had RL friends putting together zombie apocalypse packs and shit.

The show though... is badass. I'm so glad I put my ego aside and just watched it.
It's good because it's about the characters not the zombies. Plus it's a well done flick so that helps.
[Reply]
007 12:24 AM 02-13-2015
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Also, the blacklist was quite enjoyable
I'm actually losing interest in it. This season just isn't pulling me in like last season did.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:26 AM 02-18-2015
Caught up on the Walking Dead. Shit is pretty damn good. Just pretty damned good.

I'm normally not much into zombie flicks, but this isn't really a zombie flick. It's about the characters dealing with zombies. Even then, the zombies are pretty well done. You could take most of the character stuff and put it in virtually any situation. It is far more about the characters than the zombies.

Great shit, man.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:31 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Caught up on the Walking Dead. Shit is pretty damn good. Just pretty damned good.

I'm normally not much into zombie flicks, but this isn't really a zombie flick. It's about the characters dealing with zombies. Even then, the zombies are pretty well done. You could take most of the character stuff and put it in virtually any situation. It is far more about the characters than the zombies.

Great shit, man.
I'd say it's more about 'what would the reality of the fallout be short and long term if zombies roamed the earth' than 'how cool are zombie attacks?" But with cool zombie attacks too.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd say it's more about 'what would the reality of the fallout be short and long term if zombies roamed the earth' than 'how cool are zombie attacks?" But with cool zombie attacks too.
Probably a better articulated version of what I was trying to say. I wonder what the makeup budget for that show is. It has to be huge.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:18 AM 02-18-2015
It's not Breaking Bad level, but if you have Amazon Prime you might check out Bosch.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:08 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
It's not Breaking Bad level, but if you have Amazon Prime you might check out Bosch.
Is that one that Amazon is producing?
[Reply]
NewChief 12:42 PM 02-18-2015
No American Horror Story on the list?

I watched Season 1 and really enjoyed it. I didn't start Season 2 for a long time because the concept just didn't sound that good. I finally started it last week, and I think I like it way more than Season 1. The show is solid.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:59 PM 02-18-2015
Hmmm. American Horror Story looked epic dumb. Maybe I'll give it a look.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:07 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hmmm. American Horror Story looked epic dumb. Maybe I'll give it a look.
It depends on how you like Brad Falchuck

Guy behind Nip/Tuck and Glee.

Definitely legitimate horror, but a lot of his signature touches.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 03:04 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is that one that Amazon is producing?
yes, all 10 episodes dropped Friday.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:23 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
Best network series, by far.
I haven't started watching this season of The Blacklist yet but imo I think NBC has a major hit on their hands with Chicago PD,I can't get enough of that one.

Clip of a recent episode
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I haven't started watching this season of The Blacklist yet but imo I think NBC has a major hit on their hands with Chicago PD,I can't get enough of that one.

Clip of a recent episode
Really?

I watched an episode of Chicago Fire with the wife (she loves it) and it was super hokey.
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:58 AM 02-19-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Really?

I watched an episode of Chicago Fire with the wife (she loves it) and it was super hokey.
Do not like that one at all,they've had a couple of episodes that led into a Chicago PD that I had to watch to get the whole story.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 51
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up