ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 213 of 386
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:26 PM 04-24-2019
In my opinion the names of the cities have sort of been meaningful. Kings landing and the king suicide out the window. Winterfell where winter dies i.e. the white walkers
[Reply]
Bowser 04:30 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I think the Night King “falls” for Brans trap. I could see the dragons killing the white walker dragon, but the Night King is unfazed by the fire and kills Theon and whoever else is with Bran.
Bran wargs the Night King, then everyone marches on King's Landing. Euron shits himself and sails for the Jade Sea with his Iron Fleet, leaving Cersei defenseless. Everyone lives happily ever after and goes to the Winchester for a pint.

[Reply]
RustShack 04:38 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’d love to see Longclaw shatter too. It’d be awesome if we left Ep. 3 with the NK feeing invincible - especially if it looked like he was about to face a killing blow from Jon.
Jon loses his weapon, Mellisandra meets them in Kings Landing with his new sword.
[Reply]
Hawk 04:53 PM 04-24-2019
Jon loses his weapon, Mellisandra meets them in Kings Landing with his new sword.
I think this is a real possibility. There is an extremely convincing theory out there that Melisandre is the new Nissa Nissa and that Lightbringer, the sword that is prophecied to defeat the NK, will be forged by being thrust through her heart the way the original Azor Ahai forged his sword by thrusting it through Nissa Nissa's heart. Would make sense for Jon to try to kill the NK with his sword and it shatters or doesn't work (and the NK was made with dragon glass into his heart, so I don't see dragonglass killing him). So Jon then sees Melisandre in Kings Landing or somewhere and she brings him the new sword and he forges it in her heart and uses it to kill the NK.

I think Melisdandre is the giveaway that the battle versus the Night King will not end in this episode. Melisandre is not back yet. She needs to show back up and then help Jon kill the NK. I think the Melisandre as the new Nissa Nissa is a pretty convincing theory, and that may be how it goes down. But even if that's not exactly it, she's got to have some involvement in the final defeat of the NK, and so that can't happen until she shows back up. Plus she said on the show to Varys last season that she would come back to Westeros one last time and would die there, so until she shows up, I don't see the NK being defeated completely.

Also, if you take that a step further, Arya should survive this battle as well. As Melisandre was taking Gendry away from the Brotherhood on the show in season 4 or 5, she specifically told Arya that she would see Arya again. So until that also happens, Arya can't die.

The only thing that would throw a wrench into these matters is if Melisandre somehow turns up at Winterfell before or during this battle, but that seems pretty unlikely given that the battle is about to start and she's not there.

Here is the video that explains the Melisandre as the new Nissa Nissa theory. As I said, it is pretty convincing:

[Reply]
FAX 05:08 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsNWildcats:
He also had that chat with Bran off screen that probably could lead him to do something down the road that would be controversial.
This, I believe, is a crucial point ...

Bran who has extensive (perhaps all) knowledge dishes to Tyrion who knows better than anyone how to use knowledge to his advantage?

I mean ...

FAX
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:22 PM 04-24-2019
I think using information gleaned from an off-stage conversation would be a horrible macguffin. I don't expect that. I doubt Bran told him anything we, the audience, don't already know.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:44 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I think using information gleaned from an off-stage conversation would be a horrible macguffin. I don't expect that. I doubt Bran told him anything we, the audience, don't already know.
The only reason they would do that is the limited air time of the season. But I do agree with you...there shouldn't be anything new introduced at this point that would be a defacto deus ex machina. That would be cheapening the entire season unless they stick the landing.
[Reply]
FAX 06:00 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Admittedly, it may not be ideal plotting, Mr. keg in kc, but the scene was there for a purpose. Otherwise, no scene. Limited time and all that ...

Personally, I think there's something there ...

FAX
[Reply]
Frazod 06:15 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I think this is a real possibility. There is an extremely convincing theory out there that Melisandre is the new Nissa Nissa and that Lightbringer, the sword that is prophecied to defeat the NK, will be forged by being thrust through her heart the way the original Azor Ahai forged his sword by thrusting it through Nissa Nissa's heart. Would make sense for Jon to try to kill the NK with his sword and it shatters or doesn't work (and the NK was made with dragon glass into his heart, so I don't see dragonglass killing him). So Jon then sees Melisandre in Kings Landing or somewhere and she brings him the new sword and he forges it in her heart and uses it to kill the NK.

I think Melisdandre is the giveaway that the battle versus the Night King will not end in this episode. Melisandre is not back yet. She needs to show back up and then help Jon kill the NK. I think the Melisandre as the new Nissa Nissa is a pretty convincing theory, and that may be how it goes down. But even if that's not exactly it, she's got to have some involvement in the final defeat of the NK, and so that can't happen until she shows back up. Plus she said on the show to Varys last season that she would come back to Westeros one last time and would die there, so until she shows up, I don't see the NK being defeated completely.

Also, if you take that a step further, Arya should survive this battle as well. As Melisandre was taking Gendry away from the Brotherhood on the show in season 4 or 5, she specifically told Arya that she would see Arya again. So until that also happens, Arya can't die.

The only thing that would throw a wrench into these matters is if Melisandre somehow turns up at Winterfell before or during this battle, but that seems pretty unlikely given that the battle is about to start and she's not there.

Here is the video that explains the Melisandre as the new Nissa Nissa theory. As I said, it is pretty convincing:

What if Melisandre is disguised as the little girl who is headed down into the crypt? One way or another, I think that kid is bent somehow.
[Reply]
FAX 06:39 PM 04-24-2019
Hmmm ...

That Melisandre, Azor Ahai, Lightbringer theory seems pretty solid. I dig it.

FAX
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:46 PM 04-24-2019
I think the Night King “falls” for Brans trap. I could see the dragons killing the white walker dragon, but the Night King is unfazed by the fire and kills Theon and whoever else is with Bran.
the red witch and lord of the light is going to have something to do with bringing down the night king. She said repeatly that she still has a part to play and would return to die in Westeros.

I remember the theory about 4-5 years ago that Jon would spear her with his sword, get her fire on the sword and be able to kill the Night King. Sounds like exactly what happened with the Umber kid.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:57 PM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Admittedly, it may not be ideal plotting, Mr. keg in kc, but the scene was there for a purpose. Otherwise, no scene. Limited time and all that ...

Personally, I think there's something there ...

FAX

I agree that the conversation likely wouldn’t involve new information to the audience, but I do think it had a purpose. So it could be new information to the characters or putting some pieces together in a way we haven’t thought about but have had the information for a while. I can’t think of what that would be but that is my guess on their conversation.
[Reply]
Fish 10:53 PM 04-24-2019

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:00 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)

:-):-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:04 AM 04-25-2019
Just started rewatching Lord of the Rings for the first time in at least a decade. Not sure if it's to glean something from the battle scenes, or just to make time pass.
[Reply]
Page 213 of 386
« First < 113163203209210211212213 214215216217223263313 > Last »
Up