ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 386
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
vailpass 01:49 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Well there was a scene a few episodes ago where Sansa says "Jon just expects us to stay here and wait like Ghost".

Or do you need a whole scene to explain to you that the "actor" died and the show finds Dragons and White Walkers more important at this time.
Look here pencil neck. Don't come here taking out your real-life insecurities. You talk to people like the insufferable little **** you are and make it worse by being wrong half the time. It grows tiresome.
[Reply]
notorious 01:51 PM 08-28-2017
Episode 1.2 is amazing.

You can see all of the shit Jon is going through. His Stepmother HATES his guts, and Ned has to sit and watch it all while knowing the truth.

Ned Stark tells Jon Snow when the are leaving,"Next time we meet, I'll talk to you about your mother"

They will never meet again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dragon Glass tipped Scorpion.

And all they have to do is kill the NK now. They don't have to win a war against a horde of zombies.

They just have to kill one guy. Writers gave themselves an easy out in the second to last episode.
If the NK is this baller-ass zombie master, they should fan out as soon as they clear the wall and he should essentially ride in the vanguard with his dragon in the rear.

We probably have, what, 8 of those White Walkers left? And let's just say 100K of the walking dead. So he sends 10K per with ihs 7 remaining 'generals' and keeps 30K and the dragon back in reserve around him. So getting to him is pretty damn tough in its own right.

And now you have a 'viral' effect of a spread out army that can continue to reinforce itself via reanimating its dead.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:53 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
No, of course not. We're on a high speed plot train now where everything is getting railroaded. The "no way!" moments tend to complicate things. They're all about simplifying and getting to a satisfactory conclusion.

I've made peace with it. If D&D can just wrap everything satisfactorily, give us lots of eye candy, and not just completely ruin my love for the series (which GRRM is attempting to do with his inability to write), then I'll be satisfied.
That's a very good way to describe it. At this point I'm wanting the tv show to end in hopes that GRRM will release a book or books. I'm convinced a conscious decision was made not to release any new books while the show was going.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:53 PM 08-28-2017
Adam Whitehead just summed this season up pretty perfectly for me on his blog:
Originally Posted by :
I've sounded rather down on the season, which is a shame because at its best, the seventh season is visceral, thrilling and laden with punch-the-air, "Hell yeah!" moments, some that book-readers have been waiting for for twenty-one years. But all too often those moments are undercut by the story decisions being made to get there really not gelling together very well.

Game of Thrones's seventh season can therefore be summed up as visually stunning, beautifully acted and absolutely dumber than a box of frogs. But if you can embrace that, it's still one of the most watchable shows on television.

[Reply]
vailpass 01:54 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Episode 1.2 is amazing.

You can see all of the shit Jon is going through. His Stepmother HATES his guts, and Ned has to sit and watch it all while knowing the truth.

Ned Stark tells Jon Snow when the are leaving,"Next time we meet, I'll talk to you about your mother"

Just wait til they chop Ned's head off in a few more episodes and slit CAtelyn Stark's throat at the Red Wedding next season.
I wouldn't get too attached to Rob either if I were you.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:03 PM 08-28-2017
Dumber than a box of frogs. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 02:03 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Just wait til they chop Ned's head off in a few more episodes and slit CAtelyn Stark's throat at the Red Wedding next season.
I wouldn't get too attached to Rob either if I were you.
Bran will walk again, won't he?!?!

Noooooooooooo
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:04 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I guess we're supposed to think he's either with Jon or back at home waiting for him. It'd be nice to show him once though, wouldn't it

I figured Ghost MUST be dead. How the hell did Jon not take him North of the Wall when he went?

Did he not die when Jon got knifed by the Crows? I mean, I don't think we saw him even once all year, which is crazy. Nymeria, yes, but not Ghost? WTF?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:07 PM 08-28-2017
Ghost was in the room when Melisandre resurrected Jon. Def not dead.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:08 PM 08-28-2017
Episode 1.2 is amazing.

Yup. My wife is simultaneously watching the show for the first time, so I'm getting to see all the first few seasons. It's pretty awesome watching the first season especially, knowing what we now know.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:12 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If the NK is this baller-ass zombie master, they should fan out as soon as they clear the wall and he should essentially ride in the vanguard with his dragon in the rear.

We probably have, what, 8 of those White Walkers left? And let's just say 100K of the walking dead. So he sends 10K per with ihs 7 remaining 'generals' and keeps 30K and the dragon back in reserve around him. So getting to him is pretty damn tough in its own right.

And now you have a 'viral' effect of a spread out army that can continue to reinforce itself via reanimating its dead.
Total speculation, but this just made me realize that victory over the White Walkers is probably achieved just through killing the Night King (which would then, presumably kill all the WW's that he made as well as the wights they've all made).

So, I would imagine that the big victory is some impossible deux ex killshot from Jon to the NK.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:16 PM 08-28-2017
I always thought Baratheon hooked up with Ned's sister and made Jon Snow.

Ned covered for Baratheon by claiming Jon was his own.

This other stuff just doesn't make since to me. Why would Ned protect the Mad King's son? Did the Mad King marry his sister?

It's probably obvious, but someone needs to draw it out in crayon for me.
You had a completely different experience watching this season than the rest of us. What did you think about Drogon essentially sensing something in Jon?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:23 PM 08-28-2017
I always thought Baratheon hooked up with Ned's sister and made Jon Snow.

Ned covered for Baratheon by claiming Jon was his own.

This other stuff just doesn't make since to me. Why would Ned protect the Mad King's son? Did the Mad King marry his sister?

It's probably obvious, but someone needs to draw it out in crayon for me.
Okay...

Lyanna was promised to Robert B.

Rhaegar (not the Mad King, that's Aerys II - Rhaegar was his son/Dany's brother) was married to Elia S. They had two children, eventually murdered by Gregor Clegane.

Lyanna and Rhaegar fell in love.

Rhaegar had his marriage annulled (this is the only "new" part of this, as far as the books are concerned) and married Lyanna.

Lyanna gave birth to Jon.

This was basically all in secret.

The entire war started because (almost) everyone believed Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna.

And then Ned had to keep Jon's parentage a secret because Robert would have killed any possible Targaryen heir to the Iron Throne (just like he tried to kill Dany). Jon is the most direct heir, because he's the son of the heir to the murdered King.

That's about as simple as I can go I think.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:25 PM 08-28-2017
We didn't get to see the end of Tyrion and Cersei's conversation. Some are speculating that Tyrion told Cersei to lie to Dany.

It's supported later in the episode by Cersei calling Jamie "The stupidest Lannister" for actually thinking the armies were going North.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 386
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up