ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 114 of 386
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:26 PM 08-27-2017
Just thought of this. Pod and Bronn might be going to try to save the sand snakes. Perhaps Bronn has been secretly keeping them both healthy and just needed the right moment to break them free.

I am also going to guess that Jamie somehow teams up with Bronn, Pod, and Brien to perhaps fight the golden company before heading north or at least try to get Euron. Jamie certainly has the freedom to attack him now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:19 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Just thought of this. Pod and Bronn might be going to try to save the sand snakes. Perhaps Bronn has been secretly keeping them both healthy and just needed the right moment to break them free.
they are real and they are spectacular. Bronn deserves to motorboat those mighty fine mammeries. We deserve to see those puppies free again.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:23 AM 08-28-2017
Wow. That was a lot of shit to digest.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A couple things:

I literally gasped when Jaime called Cersei's bluff. It seemed obvious that she wouldn't actually have him executed but it would have been a hell of a twist. I'm so glad he's finally free of her claws.

I've loved the idea of Rhaegar but that actor just looked way too much like Viserys. Now I feel like I hate him... why the **** would he name both of his sons Aegon?
I thought Jamie was a dead fuck. Like. All dead. Not just mostly dead.

I thought the same thing about Rhaegar. That was weird. He was a BAMF in the books and legend in the show. Viserys was a sniveling puke at which I smiled when they broke his arm.

Originally Posted by notorious:
I always thought Baratheon hooked up with Ned's sister and made Jon Snow.

Ned covered for Baratheon by claiming Jon was his own.

This other stuff just doesn't make since to me. Why would Ned protect the Mad King's son? Did the Mad King marry his sister?

It's probably obvious, but someone needs to draw it out in crayon for me.
Family first. and Robert was killing Targs. Which is why Dany went to Essos.

Soooooo. Clegane Bowl motherfuckers!!!

I knew the wall was coming down and I don't know how they would have done it different. It just seemed. Meh. Did Berric and Tormund die? I hope not. If they were going to do it ep 6 was the time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:45 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Did Berric and Tormund die? I hope not. If they were going to do it ep 6 was the time.
I don't think there is any way they kill off those two without showing them dying.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:52 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I am really glad that the Arya story line turned out to be them playing Littlefinger. That said, I still feel they were too aggressive with creating the false tension between them.

I did love when Sansa called out Lord Baelish and the camera pans to his shocked face, and the knight next to him turns his body batman style with this look on his face like, "oh you didn't see that coming, did you?"
Ditto all of this.

Littlefinger's reaction to being called out for murder and treason was priceless.
Can't believe Littlefinger is gone, but entering its final season, the show is going to be rich with battles vs the undead and less to-do with back-alley dealings.

It was time for him to go.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:43 AM 08-28-2017
The one pity of Jon Snow's parents being wed. Having him a Dornish bastard would have been the greatest moment in the history of Chiefsplanet.

When Dany got Sand in her vagina.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:02 AM 08-28-2017
That was some pretty quick thinking by Euron to use witnessing the undead as a front to pick up the Golden Company.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:23 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I always thought Baratheon hooked up with Ned's sister and made Jon Snow.

Ned covered for Baratheon by claiming Jon was his own.

This other stuff just doesn't make since to me. Why would Ned protect the Mad King's son? Did the Mad King marry his sister?

It's probably obvious, but someone needs to draw it out in crayon for me.

In crayon? Ok, you asked...

So Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark were foster-children or whatever of Jon Arryn, sent to the Vale as boys and spent several years there. Became BEST buddies. Eventually (don't remember details), Ned's sister Lyanna is pledged in marriage to Robert Barathon. Great match, two great houses, and Robert apparently was head-over-heels for Lyanna.

Meanwhile, Mad King Aerys is doing mad king things. His son, Rhaegar, by all accounts is a really good guy. Great with a sword and great with musical instruments. He is also married to a member of House Martell, which rules Dorne, and they have some kids together.

Welp, from the point of view of Robert Baratheon and Ned Stark, Prince Rhaegar kidnaps Lyanna. They complain to Mad King Aerys about this, but the Mad King says fuck off and brutally kills both Ned's father and older brother. That kicks off Robert's Rebellion, and results in the fall of House Targaryen. This includes (1) Robert killing Rhaegar at the Battle of the Trident, and (2) The Mountain killing Rhaegar's children (think little kids here) by bashing their head into a wall, ending the entire Targaryen line except for Viserys and Danaerys who are smuggled out of the country. Robert takes the throne, laments the loss of his love Lyanna and marries Cercei, and off we go.

HOWEVER, apparently Rhaegar didn't kidnap Lyanna at all. It seems they genuinely loved one another, and Rhaegar formally annulled his marriage and remarried Lyanna. The ENTIRE REASON for Robert's Rebellion was a complete fiction. And the child that Lyanna bore (Jon Snow nee Aegon Targaryen) is the true and rightful King of Westeros.

Ned, of course, had promised Lyanna on her death bed that he would protect little Aegon/Jon.

Telling Robert the whole truth (though who knows if Ned knew about the annulment) would not have been a good thing toward protecting Aegon/Jon's health.

So Ned takes Jon back to Winterfell and pretends he had a bastard child, who is actually his nephew, and raises as his own, much to the bitterness of his wife.

EDIT: I fixed the spelling or Rhaegar (not Rhaeger) and Lyanna (not Lyssa).
[Reply]
Radar Chief 06:52 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
In crayon? Ok, you asked...
Lyanna Stark, but ^otherwise^.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:57 AM 08-28-2017
Just a thought; thank goodness Jon Snow got his mother's dark hair and not his father's uber-blond hair or as the jig would as they say, up.
[Reply]
notorious 07:01 AM 08-28-2017

[Reply]
notorious 07:09 AM 08-28-2017
Ned's sister didn't get kidnapped, she fell in forbidden love with the enemy, Rhaaegar Targaryen (who is not shown until last night). They made baby Jon Snow.

Ned wanted to protect the boy because Jon is his nephew, and an innocent. He wanted to raise a noble boy despite taking the undeserved heat from his wife for banging a whore. Stark knew he was possibly raising the future king, and wanted to instill in him great valor, ethics, honesty, humility, and responsibility, qualities that no king has possessed in centuries.

He succeeded.

Whew. It makes sense now. Thanks guys.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:19 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Lyanna Stark, but ^otherwise^.

Right, thanks. I think I had "Aunt Lysa" on the brain there, and conflated the two like a dolt.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:23 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Just a thought; thank goodness Jon Snow got his mother's dark hair and not his father's uber-blond hair or as the jig would as they say, up.

Well, ROBERT clearly never would have figured it out, as we know for absolute certain!! :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:25 AM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Targ genes are recessive, which is part of why that family is so focused on inbreeding to keep their bloodlines pure.

Leave it to GRRM to think about that issue, lol.
[Reply]
Page 114 of 386
« First < 1464104110111112113114 115116117118124164214 > Last »
Up