ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1354 of 2690
« First < 35485412541304134413501351135213531354 135513561357135813641404145418542354 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Lzen 02:18 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
I think it’s because Chiefs/Mahomes desires 10-20 yard gains so much. Quick slants/outs would be so much more effective. But when it’s 3rd and long those plays pretty much go out the window. Mahomes practically refuses to throw short of the sticks:-)
He's the anti-Alex.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:56 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Somebody want to try to explain again how Pat didn't go 1.1?
I think some teams just flat out didn't do their ****ing homework.

Andy Reid grilled him for hours on end. Did any other teams do that? Did other teams in the position of drafting a QB even know how quick-learning and bright he is? How about his photographic memory? Like, I didn’t find out about that shit until long after the draft... usually scouting reports pick up on something like that and it gets beaten to death as positives for a player.

So I think determining why 9 teams (really 10 teams if you include Buffalo) passed on him STARTS with the stigma about Texas Tech and the air raid. After that, you get a bunch of Eric Mangini idiots in scouting departments and coaching staffs who look at how he doesn’t play like how a QB is supposed to play regarding footwork, drop backs, throwing base, decision making, etc.

But in the end, I don’t believe that was the actual final nail in the coffin for any team deciding to not draft Mahomes. In the end, I think it was laziness.

10 teams had a chance to interview him like we did. They gave up on scouting him in the beginning stages and didn’t know he was this bright. They gave up early and invested their time in other players. They didn’t do their homework because putting research into the actual player would take a lot of time away from scouting a “surefire” good pick like Leonard Fournette or Solomon Thomas.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:08 PM 12-11-2018
my hero

.@Chiefs second-year QB @PatrickMahomes5 is already a leader far beyond his years.

Watch more on #InsideTheNFL TONIGHT 9PM ET on Showtime.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/UqvbeMv0gK

— Inside the NFL (@insidetheNFL) December 11, 2018

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:17 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its time to stop comparing Mahomes to Rodgers. Mahomes is better right now than Rodgers has ever been.

There I said it.
Mahomes is great but let's not get carried away.

2010 postseason-2011 regular season Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB ever.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 03:26 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I think some teams just flat out do their fucking homework.

r.

So I think determining why 9 teams (really 10 teams if you include Buffalo) passed on him STARTS with the stigma about Texas Tech and the air raid. After that, you get a bunch of Eric Mangini idiots in scouting departments and coaching staffs who look at how he doesn’t play like how a QB is supposed to play regarding footwork, drop backs, throwing base, decision making, etc.

But in the end, I don’t believe that was the actual final nail in the coffin for any team deciding to not draft Mahomes. In the end, I think it was laziness.

You hit one of the issues on the head i.e. the Air Raid (or other schemes like the Run & Shoot) and the stigma associated with it because a QB had not come from that scheme into the NFL and been successful

Two - Mahomes was always seemingly playing from behind due to Texas Tech's defense. He FELT that he had to score every series and took a whole lot of chances, going for the home run ball at inopportune times

Three - Tech's OL wasn't great either. Mahomes was scrambling all over the place trying to make a play.

It was easy for NFL scouts to look at him and think he was undisciplined, a gunslinger and never looked below the surface. I wonder how many actually spoke to Kliff Kingsbury about him and his work ethic?

Mahomes is in the perfect system at KC with Andy Reid. The sky is the limit for him.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:46 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Mahomes is making throws that I'm not sure Rodgers or anyone in the NFL can make - but he's definitely not as refined as peak Rodgers.

Still makes unnecessary and dangerous gambles at times (the INT and Fumble against the Ravens are excellent examples).

The 4th and 9 was every bit the risk. But those risks are acceptable and encouraged when you're down 7 under 2 minutes left compared to being up 7 in the 3rd quarter.
[Reply]
Best22 04:13 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its time to stop comparing Mahomes to Rodgers. Mahomes is better right now than Rodgers has ever been.

There I said it.
Rodgers was better against the blitz (normally) and threw a more accurate deep ball. Also fewer dumb interceptions

He was in his 7th year though...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:16 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I feel you dog. It's got it's hooks in me deep.

I'm going to need to detox in the offseason.
It makes me chuckle to think of all those dolts that swore off the Chiefs in the offseason. They got all of the crushing misery and none of the high.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:44 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Yeah Mahomes is really good, but he’s not quite Aaron Rodgers at his peak good yet.

But he will be soon enough when he has more experience
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:54 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah Mahomes is really good, but he’s not quite Aaron Rodgers at his peak good yet.

But he will be soon enough when he has more experience
hopefully, they keep getting Patrick a good to excellent supporting cast but the need to fortify the defense so he doesn't get fucked like Rodgers when it's time to shine to get to the SB.
[Reply]
chinaski 05:05 PM 12-11-2018
Mahomes press conference today he said he was losing his voice and coughing a lot. I hope he isn't getting sick! I had the flu last week and it kicked my ass. Chiefs need to get every MD in the tri-state area to make sure he is ok.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:12 PM 12-11-2018
LET'S
FUCKING
DO
THIS

[Reply]
jaa1025 05:25 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
I just saw this in an ESPN article...pretty impressive:

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/25637/ravens-success-against-patrick-mahomes-cant-easily-be-copied

I know the Ravens' D is good, but the O-line and RBs better take a long hard look at this
A lot of that was on Mahomes for not making the right calls at the line and Reid not helping him out with some of the playcalling.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:59 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
my hero

I laugh when I see Dirty Dan in the background... He looks just like a blonde Chet from the movie Weird Science...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:13 PM 12-11-2018
this is gonna be a meme

[Reply]
Page 1354 of 2690
« First < 35485412541304134413501351135213531354 135513561357135813641404145418542354 > Last »
Up