ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 661 of 791
« First < 161561611651657658659660661 662663664665671711761 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
In58men 10:19 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Look at the conversation bosschief and I were having, you absolute ****ing idiot.
**** you douchebag that’s why I said I’m going to sleep.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:30 PM 03-27-2019
Two firsts for Clowney :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:53 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Two firsts for Clowney :-) :-) :-) :-)

We manage to come up with some of the craziest shit in this place. It's a gift.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 10:59 PM 03-27-2019
If we're going to give up valuable draft capital like a future 1st, I don't want us to do it to get someone who's going to tie up a huge portion of our salary cap going forward when we're going to be paying Mahomes, Chris Jones, and possibly Tyreek Hill in the near future, or to possibly pay whoever it is (Clowney, Lawrence etc) instead of Chris Jones. To me, the draft capital is too valuable and needs to be used towards good players who will be locked up on cheap rookie salaries for 4 or 5 years at the same time that we're paying out huge contracts to Mahomes and Jones. I could see giving up a 2nd for Patrick Patterson (if he's even available for trade), but only one 2020 2nd and then some less valuable draft capital, not both 2020 2nds and not any of the current 2nds. If he'll cost more than that, I'd rather we give up only a future 5th or 6th, or a current 6th or 7th for a solid starter at CB as opposed to a superstar.

If we are going to give up major 2020 draft capital like the 1st and/or 2nds, I'd prefer it to be because we're trading up in the draft and getting one or two really good prospects in this draft that we just feel we need to have. Like one of or a combination of Clelin Ferrell, Christian Wilkins, AJ Brown (depending on what the Chiefs think will happen with Tyreek) as examples. Or moving up in the second round to get one or two of Chase Winovich, Irv Smith, AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler, Parris Campbell, Deebo Samuel, Andy Isabella or Riley Ridley. If we trade significant 2020 picks, we could get major prospects in this draft that will be cheap for years (aside from the example I mentioned for Patrick Patterson, giving up one future 2nd and lesser draft capital rather than the farm for him if it can be done).

If everyone wants to "go all in" for this year, my version of doing that without mortgaging future seasons or the ability to be more flexible with the salary cap would be to use that draft capital to get potential stars and likely starters in this draft. And make a big splash that way. So, for example, say instead of drafting in the first round next year, we land both Clelin Ferrell and Christian Wilkins, or Ferrell and AJ Brown, in this draft. I'd be good with that if they feel that's the best way to go. That would make the next draft a little more bare for us, but I could see the reasoning behind it and that way you're not really mortgaging the future for the Chiefs either, you're just essentially using those picks to get a couple potential stars in this draft that you'd still have for 5 years on cheap contracts.

Otherwise, I'd rather we keep our 2020 1st rounder and at least one 2020 2nd rounder instead of giving it up for a Clowney or Lawrence that we then have to pay a gigantic contract for. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:07 PM 03-27-2019
The place never disappoints.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 05:16 AM 03-28-2019
I think two seconds would get Peterson from Cards I’d do it. He wanted out last year. Cards asking price will probably be two seconds. He’s an All pro reteams up with matheiu. I love that trade solidified our secondary. Opens up drafting BPA. The two seconds are extra so u keep your original draft picks you extend him reasonably.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:10 AM 03-28-2019
I'd rather trade for a PP or Ramsey type as well, but that may not be an option. On the other hand we've seen repeatedly that vets aren't worth the draft capital you'd expect in a trade, so I doubt it would take 2 firsts to get a star DB if one were available.

If trading picks for a legit DB isn't possible, moving up in the draft is a strategy that Veach seems to like but I'd be concerned with trading next year's 1st for pretty much any guy in the draft outside or Bosa.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:18 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I'd rather trade for a PP or Ramsey type as well, but that may not be an option. On the other hand we've seen repeatedly that vets aren't worth the draft capital you'd expect in a trade, so I doubt it would take 2 firsts to get a star DB if one were available.

If trading picks for a legit DB isn't possible, moving up in the draft is a strategy that Veach seems to like but I'd be concerned with trading next year's 1st for pretty much any guy in the draft outside or Bosa.
I keep banging the drum for Ed Oliver. Projected to go 12-14 due to character concerns but his skills should make him the #1 overall pick. 29-14 is doable. Veach do it!!
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:19 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...-camp.amp.html
Good now we can stop all this crazy talk about him
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 03-28-2019
The more I think about it, the more i'd probably not do the Clowney thing. I'm obviously higher on him than most, but the Chiefs need to use those draft picks and find that type of player for cheap.

I'm guessing there's another signing or two of mid tier free agents that can fill and play while draft picks get up to speed.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:43 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more I think about it, the more i'd probably not do the Clowney thing. I'm obviously higher on him than most, but the Chiefs need to use those draft picks and find that type of player for cheap.

I'm guessing there's another signing or two of mid tier free agents that can fill and play while draft picks get up to speed.
couldn't agree more.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:44 AM 03-28-2019
It was a dumb idea.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:04 AM 03-28-2019
I think if Tank and KC can work out a deal then - yeah - that's different
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 03-28-2019
Houston would never do it, but I'd give up one of our 2nds this year and one of next year's 2nds for him.

Our 2nds aren't valuable enough and they're just not gonna make that move with a team they have to beat in the same conference. We'd have to overpay to get him in here but that's roughly what I'd be willing to give up to do it. I'd consider tossing in our 3rd for their 4th as well but again, I just don't see that happening.

He's an ideal fit for this defense, possibly the best fit in the game for this defense and this roster. But the $$$ just isn't there to make this an easy thing to do. The only reason I consider it is the very real possibility that the Chiefs are either forced to move on from Hill or choose not to extend him.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:13 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Houston would never do it, but I'd give up one of our 2nds this year and one of next year's 2nds for him.

Our 2nds aren't valuable enough and they're just not gonna make that move with a team they have to beat in the same conference. We'd have to overpay to get him in here but that's roughly what I'd be willing to give up to do it. I'd consider tossing in our 3rd for their 4th as well but again, I just don't see that happening.

He's an ideal fit for this defense, possibly the best fit in the game for this defense and this roster. But the $$$ just isn't there to make this an easy thing to do. The only reason I consider it is the very real possibility that the Chiefs are either forced to move on from Hill or choose not to extend him.
I said yesterday on twitter in a thread that I’d do that same deal. 2 2s and not blink. But because Houston is competing with KC in the conference, they won’t do it.
[Reply]
Page 661 of 791
« First < 161561611651657658659660661 662663664665671711761 > Last »
Up