ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry, Houtston & Peters Not at Voluntary OTAs
Meatloaf 12:37 PM 05-23-2017
As per Terez Paylor via Arrowhead Addict.

Just thought I'd post this as a quick FYI. Carry on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
Hows Mahommes looking in camp? Any clips of him throwing the ball around?

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:46 PM 06-14-2017
Mahomes is already light years ahead of Lynch
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:50 PM 06-14-2017
Winston, Mariota, Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Wentz, Goff, Luck, Tannehill, all started their rookie year...hell even Paxton Lynch played his rookie year... Trubisky and Watson look to get playing time for the Bears and Texans as rookies if not starting-

Whattya say we take the diapers off of Mahomes already- The Chiefs gave up 2 1st rd picks for the guy-

The Chiefs aint going to the SB with Alex Smith- You know it, I know it, Andy Reid knows it and the American people know it-

There's nothing Alex Smith does that impresses anybody- Mahomes can do everything Smith does if not more... Give the kid some playing time and let him finish out the year if not before-

With the Chiefs defense- they can win a 1st rd playoff against the Colt, Ravens Titans etc... What better way to build a young QB's confidence than to let him finish out the year winning games and get a playoff win under his belt going into the 2018 season-

This aint Rodgers with Favre were talking about... take the diapers off the kid and get him some game time
I agree with everything you said. However, I do not believe that the kid plays any significant amount of time this year. Nothing I have read leads me to believe that he will do anything other than sit and learn this year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:52 PM 06-14-2017
Winston, Mariota, Bridgewater, Bortles, Carr, Wentz, Goff, Luck, Tannehill, all started their rookie year...hell even Paxton Lynch played his rookie year... Trubisky and Watson look to get playing time for the Bears and Texans as rookies if not starting-

Whattya say we take the diapers off of Mahomes already- The Chiefs gave up 2 1st rd picks for the guy-

The Chiefs aint going to the SB with Alex Smith- You know it, I know it, Andy Reid knows it and the American people know it-

There's nothing Alex Smith does that impresses anybody- Mahomes can do everything Smith does if not more... Give the kid some playing time and let him finish out the year if not before-

With the Chiefs defense- they can win a 1st rd playoff against the Colt, Ravens Titans etc... What better way to build a young QB's confidence than to let him finish out the year winning games and get a playoff win under his belt going into the 2018 season-

This aint Rodgers with Favre were talking about... take the diapers off the kid and get him some game time
Epic dipshittery at its finest
[Reply]
cmdrzman 07:12 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Epic dipshittery at its finest
Look, here's the bottom line sweet tits-

If anybody on this board thinks the Chiefs are winning the SB this year with Alex Smith under center you're dumber than you post-

It's just not going to happen

Not as long as Brady is playing in NE- All you can hope for is for him to take a couple shots to the coconut this year, win his 6th and retire- Once that happens it's all open for every AFC team-

Alex Smith knows this is his last year in KC as a starter- a year that could possibly end his career as a NFL starter unless he somehow lands on a contending team looking for a vet QB and I'm looking through every team and I just don't see one other than his old team the Niners and they are nowhere in the conversation of competing-

There's just no reason to sit and waste time with Mahomes... Roll with the dude- let him iron out his inconsistancy and get him some playing time so he can experience the speed of the NFL and most importantly see and react to different defensive schemes so that he can roll into 2018 a little more prepared-

I just don't see the whole purpose of making him hold a clip board on the sidelines- it's a waste of time... take the diapers off the kid.... it's not like the Chiefs spent a lat 2nd on the guy- they invested a lot in him like the Bucs did with Winston, Titans with Mariota, Wentz with the Eagles etc... Just roll with him... Kids got huge upside.. let him learn the game and let him take the Chiefs to the next level in 2019
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:16 PM 06-14-2017

If anybody on this board thinks the Chiefs are winning the SB this year with Alex Smith under center you're dumber than you post-

Not as long as Brady is playing in NE- All you can hope for is for him to take a couple shots to the coconut this year, win his 6th and retire- Once that happens it's all open for every AFC team-

Alex Smith knows this is his last year in KC as a starter- a year that could possibly end his career as a NFL starter unless he somehow lands on a contending team looking for a vet QB and I'm looking through every team and I just don't see one other than his old team the Niners and they are nowhere in the conversation of competing-

There's just no reason to sit and waste time with Mahomes... Roll with the dude- let him iron out his inconsistancy and get him some playing time so he can experience the speed of the NFL and most importantly see and react to different defensive schemes so that he can roll into 2018 a little more prepared-

I just don't see the whole purpose of making him hold a clip board on the sidelines- it's a waste of time... take the diapers off the kid.... it's not like the Chiefs spent a lat 2nd on the guy- they invested a lot in him like the Bucs did with Winston, Titans with Mariota, Wentz with the Eagles etc... Just roll with him... Kids got huge upside.. let him learn the game and let him take the Chiefs to the next level in 2019
You're a fucking moron.

He's 21 years old and a true junior that's NEVER played under center.

Fuck off, Dummy.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:24 PM 06-14-2017

Listen up, dumbfuck. Mahomes is not ready to play right now. He needs to sit on the sidelines this year and learn how to run a pro style offense. He is a true Junior who didn't take snaps from under center, he didn't have to spit out the lengthy plays required in Reid's offense, and Reid's offense is very complicated. There's a much greater chance of fucking this kid up beyond repair if you play him this season and he takes a beating and plays poorly than there is of him learning on the fly.

The Chiefs won 12 games last year with Smith under center and there's no reason to think the team can't replicate that success this season.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:19 PM 06-14-2017
Chiefs are too loaded and take care of the ball too well to be bad enough to play Pat this year
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:08 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're a ****ing moron.

He's 21 years old and a true junior that's NEVER played under center.

**** off, Dummy.
How bout you tongue punch my fartbox?

Winston was 21 and he started his rookie year- Mariota was 21, Bridgewater was 21- Plenty of QB's started their rookie year in the NFL at age 21

Let it go concerned soccer mom and take the diapers off the kid already-
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:26 AM 06-15-2017

Winston was 21 and he started his rookie year- Mariota was 21, Bridgewater was 21- Plenty of QB's started their rookie year in the NFL at age 21

What don't you understand about this? The situations for Winston, Mariota, and Bridgewater were completely different than the situation Mahomes is in. They all were drafted by shitty teams without established, successful veteran quarterbacks. Mahomes was drafted by an excellent football team with an established and successful veteran QB. The best thing for both the team and Mahomes is for him to sit behind Smith this season and learn how to play QB in Reid's offense.
[Reply]
Danguardace 03:46 AM 06-15-2017

Reid/Dorsey still need to justify their position by building a solid team and winning games. If they Rush Mahomes in with this tough schedule could destroy his confidence and undermine GM/HC positions.

Plus Chiefs dont have Round 1 Pick, how stupid will they look if they hand the Bills a top 10 pick.

This team can compete for a Superbowl, with a (hopefully) healthy Defense and Hill/Kelce on offense. A division with with 2 rookie HCs and the Raiders who we own despite their media hype.

I dont see why you rush the Kid in with so much to play for.
[Reply]
-King- 03:58 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What don't you understand about this? The situations for Winston, Mariota, and Bridgewater were completely different than the situation Mahomes is in. They all were drafted by shitty teams without established, successful veteran quarterbacks. Mahomes was drafted by an excellent football team with an established and successful veteran QB. The best thing for both the team and Mahomes is for him to sit behind Smith this season and learn how to play QB in Reid's offense.
None of those had to completely rework their mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:06 AM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
None of those had to completely rework their mechanics.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think Mahomes has to completely rework his mechanics either. He needs to learn how to take a snap from under center, actually call plays in the huddle, and run a pro style offense. His throwing mechanics are fine. His completion percentage last season shows he is an accurate passer.
[Reply]
-King- 04:32 AM 06-15-2017
I don't think Mahomes has to completely rework his mechanics either. He needs to learn how to take a snap from under center, actually call plays in the huddle, and run a pro style offense. His throwing mechanics are fine. His completion percentage last season shows he is an accurate passer.
Completion percentage means nothing. Every single QB in the air raid offense has a good completion percentage. It's hard not to when throwing windows are the size of 18 wheelers and defenders suck.

Check out this chart of QBs in that offense and tell me what completion percentages mean. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...r-raid-offense
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:34 AM 06-15-2017
I don't think Mahomes 'has to' do any one particular thing. The best thing to happen in the next year or two is for him to;

1) have NFL speed slow down for him.
and
2) know Arrowhead, the personnel, and most importantly his weapons like a comfortable pair of shoes [and vice versa].

Nice to have the luxury of adjusting like that without the danger of devastating injury, a la RGIII.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up