ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 172
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
eDave 09:03 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
Did I miss him? I watched the episode twice in a row. Didnt see Uncle Jack.
First copy machine sales guy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:03 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
First copy machine sales guy.
There are two Uncle Jacks.

Baby Lee is referring to the one with tiny, tiny hands from Always Sunny in Philadelphia, not the Neo-Nazi from Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:16 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

Baby Lee is referring to the one with tiny, tiny hands from Always Sunny in Philadelphia, not the Neo-Nazi from Breaking Bad.
Ah! thank you.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:54 PM 08-14-2018
That episode could have been ripped from Breaking Bad S3-4 in terms of tone, acting and intensity.
[Reply]
eDave 02:43 PM 08-14-2018

Yea.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:07 PM 08-15-2018
I pondered whether this was too 'fluff' to post here, but I kept coming back to how attractive Rhea is, and thought CP might enjoy.

[Reply]
eDave 08-15-2018, 12:52 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Demonpenz 11:19 PM 08-15-2018
oh man rhea all done up on twitter yowza
[Reply]
rico 05:13 PM 08-16-2018

Lol, I was wondering why I couldn’t find any info about the BB Uncle Jack making an appearance.

How do his hands look?!
[Reply]
eDave 02:58 AM 08-21-2018
“Just a large cheese pizza...sliced.”

Gale!

Michael Mando is really good.

**** Chuck.

"Jimmy" is dead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 08-22-2018
Rhea just killed this scene:

And frankly, this was just the first payoff - she was excellent for that entire episode; probably her best to date.

I think we can probably dispense with the 'Howard Hamlin, evil, manipulative genius' angle at this point.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:10 PM 08-22-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
“Just a large cheese pizza...sliced.”

Gale!

Michael Mando is really good.

**** Chuck.

"Jimmy" is dead.
I wonder if Venezia's charges more for slicing or first topping?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:27 PM 08-22-2018
What an eoisode.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:08 PM 08-25-2018
Why was kim crying...also why was she kindve freaking out looking at the models. what a good episode
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:16 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Why was kim crying...also why was she kindve freaking out looking at the models. what a good episode
She was crying at the end because she's trying to 'be there' for Jimmy, but Jimmy is so checked out that she has no idea what to do. Remember all that righteous anger at Hamlin? She had steeled herself for Chuck's letter to be mean and for Jimmy to be crushed. Instead it was a nothingburger and Jimmy doesn't give a shit.

She still knows something's wrong, perhaps worse than ever. She just doesn't know what, or what to do about it.

As for the models, I'm just speculating but it might be that she doesn't want Mesa Verde's expansion to get too close to her old life. Stating to think 'what if I have to file legal papers back in Iowa/Nebraska?'
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
She was crying at the end because she's trying to 'be there' for Jimmy, but Jimmy is so checked out that she has no idea what to do. Remember all that righteous anger at Hamlin? She had steeled herself for Chuck's letter to be mean and for Jimmy to be crushed. Instead it was a nothingburger and Jimmy doesn't give a shit.

She still knows something's wrong, perhaps worse than ever. She just doesn't know what, or what to do about it.

As for the models, I'm just speculating but it might be that she doesn't want Mesa Verde's expansion to get too close to her old life. Stating to think 'what if I have to file legal papers back in Iowa/Nebraska?'
This is pretty much it. I think she had painted Chuck as the adversary, and that letter re-humanized him. I'm guess it was a combination of sorrow, what did we do this dude, and not knowing WTF is wrong with her boyfriend.

As for the Mesa Verde stuff, I think she knows she can't get all that shit done. One location stretched her epic thin and she can't see herself doing ALL that for ALL those locations.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 172
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Up