ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Deposed GM John Dorsey deserves massive amount of credit for Chiefs' success
Quesadilla Joe 12:37 PM 06-28-2017
From La Canfora...

He says that Hunt, and not Reid, was the driving force behind Dorsey getting fired. He reaffirmed Paylor's reporting that communication, contracts, and management style were some of the reasons why Dorsey was fired, but he also suggests that Dorsey wasn't "corporate enough" for Hunt.

Spoiler!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/de...hiefs-success/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:32 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I actually think we'll see Tanoh lined up at OLB sometimes. But yeah I agree. I think we will sorely miss the bargain bin players that will be needed for this situation.

I think that's where Dorsey really excelled
Well, the good thing is that from this year forward, there won't be a cutdown to 75, as the rosters will go from 90 to 53.

Those extra weeks should allow the team to even better evaluate their 90 man before final cuts.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:33 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So La Canfora is claiming that how Dorsey dressed and physically presented himself was a factor in Clark's decision to fire him?

That would seem bizarre.
Probably more of the fact that when he saw Clark in the hallway he would always ask "How's it hangin?"
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:57 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, the good thing is that from this year forward, there won't be a cutdown to 75, as the rosters will go from 90 to 53.

Those extra weeks should allow the team to even better evaluate their 90 man before final cuts.
Hypathetically because this is new way for NFL teams there is going be a huge surplus of players all of a sudden and we would have to be prudent to score any upgrades for guys that barely make the cuff anyways. We got to scour what other teams discard. As before some players had more time finding another team.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:04 PM 06-28-2017
**** you Clark Hunt

Ruined one of the few good things that's happened to this franchise in quite a while
[Reply]
bevischief 03:21 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is there some other Chiefs-related topic you'd like to discuss right now?
Which Chief has 3 nipples?
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 03:21 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You don't think NE has a corporate type culture? If not you are sorely mistaken.
Exactly. Seattle also has a corporate culture too. Look at how many guys they have let walk away these last few years. Pete is very much like Andy, a player's coach.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:27 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Iconic:
**** you Clark Hunt

Ruined one of the few good things that's happened to this franchise in quite a while
My goodness. It'll be alright.
[Reply]
J Diddy 03:29 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Which Chief has 3 nipples?
Rakeem "Nipples" Nunez-Roches
[Reply]
kccrow 04:25 PM 06-28-2017
I don't get why people keep pounding this "contract/cap" thing like it has some sort of overwhelming merit in the conversation. There is always a cap guy. Under Peterson, it was Denny Thum. The GM sits in and helps in negotiating the contract, but the exact structure in relation to the salary cap is almost always handled by another person in the finance department. I'm seriously tired of hearing about Dorsey breaking the cap. For starters, the Chiefs aren't even in cap hell.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:28 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He is a ****ing coach.

They have a corporate team first fuck you mentality. Its undeniable.
And how well does that mentality work when you don't have Tom Brady as your starting QB?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:44 PM 06-28-2017
So why did Clark wait so long to fire Pioli and it took a fan revolt to do it?

Dorsey looks at him the wrong way and he doesn't hesitate to can him?

I don't get it??
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:36 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't get why people keep pounding this "contract/cap" thing like it has some sort of overwhelming merit in the conversation. There is always a cap guy. Under Peterson, it was Denny Thum. The GM sits in and helps in negotiating the contract, but the exact structure in relation to the salary cap is almost always handled by another person in the finance department. I'm seriously tired of hearing about Dorsey breaking the cap. For starters, the Chiefs aren't even in cap hell.
Their Salary Cap is a mess.

Also, Dorsey absolutely negotiated contracts with agents.

McCracken's job was to advise Dorsey and help to keep them out of cap hell, not to negotiate deals.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:47 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
We're currently sitting at 13 mil OVER for 2018. We have players needing contracts coming up . On the bright side it really make cutting smith a possibility but I bet he gets a renegotiated contract and maybe even an extension which wouldn't be a bad thing as long as we're starting Mahomy and AS is #2.. But yeah our cap is awful mess.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:52 PM 06-28-2017
:-) at those of you sucking Dorsey's teet and throwing Hunt under the bus. It would almost be worth it to not win a championship just knowing you'd all suffer.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:56 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
:-) at those of you sucking Dorsey's teet and throwing Hunt under the bus. It would almost be worth it to not win a championship just knowing you'd all suffer.
Please meet me at the Dating thread so I can ask you to suck my dick !

Bitch
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up