ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Deposed GM John Dorsey deserves massive amount of credit for Chiefs' success
Quesadilla Joe 12:37 PM 06-28-2017
From La Canfora...

He says that Hunt, and not Reid, was the driving force behind Dorsey getting fired. He reaffirmed Paylor's reporting that communication, contracts, and management style were some of the reasons why Dorsey was fired, but he also suggests that Dorsey wasn't "corporate enough" for Hunt.

Spoiler!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/de...hiefs-success/
[Reply]
JakeF 01:33 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Dead money is going to be way worse next year if you think thats bad.

Next year is going to be our Raiders year like when Reggie McKenzie had to sit on a bunch of dead money for a season. Only difference is our depth is better and we got better young guys on rookie contracts but the lame duck cap year is coming soon.
Next year we currently only have Maclin listed as dead money for 4.8m.

Possibles:
Alex Smith - 3.8
Hali - 1.5
DJ - 2.25
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its more of a point he could have been extended for less the year before.

And his cap number this year is $22MM

And then there is this -

Dead $ = $9MM against our cap. $5MM for the Jay Howard deal. :-) I missed that one. Seemed like a decent deal until we cut his ass.

Name Cap Number
Jaye Howard $5,000,000
Jeremy Maclin $2,400,000
Josh Mauga $750,000
KeiVarae Russel $609,846
Ramik Wilson $250,062
TOTAL $9,380,504

Jah Reid is $3.5MM against the cap this year. A backup swing lineman.
Do you think they didn't attempt to sign Houston before they ended up signing him?

He came off a dominant year after betting on himself. He gambled and won. That happens especially with pass rushers.

The maclin deal is the one that sucks
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:43 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Next year we currently only have Maclin listed as dead money for 4.8m.

Possibles:
Alex Smith - 3.8
Hali - 1.5
DJ - 2.25
They're nearly $2 million over the estimated cap, so Maclin's $4.8 million is most certainly a factor.

And once again, cutting players like Hali, DJ, Smith, Bailey, etc. will clear cap space but most of those players will need to be replaced, which will cost money against the cap.

Considering they're without a first round pick, next year is going to be very tricky for the new GM.
[Reply]
O.city 01:45 PM 06-28-2017
Smiths replacement is already here and will be cheaper.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:46 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Smiths replacement is already here and will be cheaper.
But they'll still need a veteran backup QB, unless you think Tyler Bray, who's not under contract in 2018, is that guy.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:46 PM 06-28-2017
You'd think we'd just fired a three time SB champ GM the way the media acting. Dorsey must be the greatest football mind in the nation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:47 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
You'd think we'd just fired a three time SB champ GM the way the media acting. Dorsey must be the greatest football mind in the nation.
Which media? I haven't seen anything in the Star that has indicated such a notion and the national media has barely touched upon the Chiefs situation.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:48 PM 06-28-2017
This f'ing franchise.

Two months ago we have a solid HC, a top 5-7 GM, and 2PM.

Now it's a dumpster fire.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
This f'ing franchise.

Two months ago we have a solid HC, a top 5-7 GM, and 2PM.

Now it's a dumpster fire.
So Reid and Mahomes are no longer with the Chiefs?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:49 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
They're nearly $2 million over the estimated cap, so Maclin's $4.8 million is most certainly a factor.

And once again, cutting players like Hali, DJ, Smith, Bailey, etc. will clear cap space but most of those players will need to be replaced, which will cost money against the cap.

Considering they're without a first round pick, next year is going to be very tricky for the new GM.
Ford, Tanoh, Hill and Mahomes were drafted in mind to replace these players. I hope they work out and make the highly paid vets expendable
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:53 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ford, Tanoh, Hill and Mahomes were drafted in mind to replace these players. I hope they work out and make the highly paid vets expendable
But there's little depth behind them.

If Ford's injured, who's the ROLB? If Tanoh's injured, who's the backup?

While I can certainly see the Chiefs shedding salary, they'll need to sign players in free agency to replace those they've cut.

The salary cap issue may not be much better next year, although it helps that they won't have a 2018 first rounder.
[Reply]
In58men 01:59 PM 06-28-2017
Oh look another Dorsey thread!!!
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:05 PM 06-28-2017
What's really important in winning a Super Bowl is making sure your GM wears ties.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:25 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But there's little depth behind them.

If Ford's injured, who's the ROLB? If Tanoh's injured, who's the backup?

While I can certainly see the Chiefs shedding salary, they'll need to sign players in free agency to replace those they've cut.

The salary cap issue may not be much better next year, although it helps that they won't have a 2018 first rounder.
I actually think we'll see Tanoh lined up at OLB sometimes. But yeah I agree. I think we will sorely miss the bargain bin players that will be needed for this situation.

I think that's where Dorsey really excelled
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:30 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by :
I'm told, ownership had some concerns about how Dorsey -- more comfortable in a sweatshirt than a suit and tie -- presented himself. But the more some thought about it, and considered that since Hunt took over his family's historic franchise he has been accustomed to type-A, suited up, highly stylized GM's like Carl Peterson and Pioli, the less surprised they became
So La Canfora is claiming that how Dorsey dressed and physically presented himself was a factor in Clark's decision to fire him?

That would seem bizarre.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up