ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Deposed GM John Dorsey deserves massive amount of credit for Chiefs' success
Quesadilla Joe 12:37 PM 06-28-2017
From La Canfora...

He says that Hunt, and not Reid, was the driving force behind Dorsey getting fired. He reaffirmed Paylor's reporting that communication, contracts, and management style were some of the reasons why Dorsey was fired, but he also suggests that Dorsey wasn't "corporate enough" for Hunt.

Spoiler!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/de...hiefs-success/
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:56 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Well, yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about.
:-) so you are concerned that Clark fired Dorsey for constantly wasting $ and putting us in cap hell?

Good God you are numb nut.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:58 PM 06-28-2017
He will troll till the day he finally loses the dad bod. Lots of pent up anger.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:01 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) so you are concerned that Clark fired Dorsey for constantly wasting $ and putting us in cap hell?

Good God you are numb nut.
The Chiefs aren't in cap hell. Their cap situation isn't the best, but it's not hell.

But yes, I dislike that Clark fired the best GM in football over a $ problem that was entirely workable.

Sorry that if that pisses you off but I see the trade off as entirely worth it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:04 PM 06-28-2017
Firing Dorsey was dumb as fuck. That's really not arguable. They could and should have kept both.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:14 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs aren't in cap hell. Their cap situation isn't the best, but it's not hell.

But yes, I dislike that Clark fired the best GM in football over a $ problem that was entirely workable.

Sorry that if that pisses you off but I see the trade off as entirely worth it.
Look I wish they had kept Dorsey but seriously I am not sure the $ issue is easy solved at the rate he was going. Thats simply a bunch of glossing over to argue your own point of view.

Since I have seriously started following the Chiefs starting in 1991 they haven't made that many bad contract deals in that short of time. Period.
They have had a few doozies like Kendrell Bell for example but not so many at once.

Bad contracts just recently -

Houston
Maclin
Hali
DJ

All overpaid and not even necessary to do it. And thats just over the last 2 years and doesnt include Bowe.

Imagine if Bowe hadn't ****ed himself out of the guaranteed $ in his deal? Holy shit that would have been 5x worse.

How many successful teams constantly over pay and **** up contracts?

I suppose they could have found a better contract guy and kept Dorsey for talent evaluation but then you are paying a GM to do half his job.

I liked Dorsey too but to pretend his contract negotiating skills weren't terrible is just bullshit. and it IS a real issue long term.
[Reply]
O.city 01:17 PM 06-28-2017
Houston is more bad luck than a bad deal I think.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:20 PM 06-28-2017
You don't think NE has a corporate type culture? If not you are sorely mistaken.
NE cut players whenever it was best for the team. Dorsey was doing just that and got fired for it. He probably would have improved at handling the money part of his job. This was his first job as a GM after all.

Kansas City appeared to be on track to really compete in the playoffs for the first time in my life. Now Hunt has changed it up and will have to hit on another GM or we will start struggling to find talent again.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:21 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Houston is more bad luck than a bad deal I think.

Its more of a point he could have been extended for less the year before.

And his cap number this year is $22MM

And then there is this -

Dead $ = $9MM against our cap. $5MM for the Jay Howard deal. :-) I missed that one. Seemed like a decent deal until we cut his ass.

Name Cap Number
Jaye Howard $5,000,000
Jeremy Maclin $2,400,000
Josh Mauga $750,000
KeiVarae Russel $609,846
Ramik Wilson $250,062
TOTAL $9,380,504

Jah Reid is $3.5MM against the cap this year. A backup swing lineman.
[Reply]
mcaj22 01:24 PM 06-28-2017
Dead money is going to be way worse next year if you think thats bad.

Next year is going to be our Raiders year like when Reggie McKenzie had to sit on a bunch of dead money for a season. Only difference is our depth is better and we got better young guys on rookie contracts but the lame duck cap year is coming soon.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:28 PM 06-28-2017
We need a thread on LB Zachary Orr. He's unretiring and 8 teams have contacted him. He would be a good fit
[Reply]
DaFace 01:29 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Another Dorsey thread? Yay.
Is there some other Chiefs-related topic you'd like to discuss right now?
[Reply]
RunKC 01:30 PM 06-28-2017
Its more of a point he could have been extended for less the year before.

And his cap number this year is $22MM

And then there is this -

Dead $ = $9MM against our cap. $5MM for the Jay Howard deal. :-) I missed that one. Seemed like a decent deal until we cut his ass.

Name Cap Number
Jaye Howard $5,000,000
Jeremy Maclin $2,400,000
Josh Mauga $750,000
KeiVarae Russel $609,846
Ramik Wilson $250,062
TOTAL $9,380,504

Jah Reid is $3.5MM against the cap this year. A backup swing lineman.
I really think the new trend in the league is players not signing early and gambling on themselves to get more money.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:30 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I haven't seen a lot of Alex Smith talk around here. :-)
[Reply]
TLO 01:31 PM 06-28-2017
Glenn Dorsey
[Reply]
penbrook 01:32 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Zachary Orr. A LB that's fits our scheme and was second team All Pro last year. 8 teams have contacted him
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up