ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will our drafts get better or worse in the future, post Dorsey?
I think we can expect them to get better. 3 3.75%
I think they will stay about the same. 18 22.50%
I think they will get worse. 39 48.75%
CHunt had been up all night drinking Tequilla Rose with Gaz when he fired Dorsey 5 6.25%
The Denver Broncos violated the salary cap during their championship seasons, probably by collusion with the Russians. 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Will our drafts get better, post Dorsey and Ballard?
Eleazar 10:09 AM 06-28-2017
Simple question.
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:48 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Our contracts, big free agent signings and our salary cap might get better.

I doubt our scrap heap signings will get any better.

The life's blood of every NFL team is the draft and ours will almost assuredly not be as good now.
Drafting well and making those diamond in the rough signings are more important than cap space, IMO. The influx of talent is a prerequisite to retaining talent.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:55 PM 06-28-2017
Dorsey had Ballard and Veach to work with. Now Veach will potentially be working with the 4th and 5th best guys in the organization. I wouldn't be thrilled if we fired Reid and had has number 3, 4, and 5 guy running the team.

Losing Dorsey and Ballard will, in all likelyhood, be a step back with our roster. Odds of Veach and 2 guys equally filling the Dorsey/Ballard/Veach roles is asking a lot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:08 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:

Losing Dorsey and Ballard will, in all likelyhood, be a step back with our roster. Odds of Veach and 2 guys equally filling the Dorsey/Ballard/Veach roles is asking a lot.
No offense but only if you think Dorsey was a unicorn and scouting is magic.

Teams turn around their fortunes very quickly these days.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:10 PM 06-28-2017
Drafts will be worse but there will be more ties. Clark will be happy.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:48 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No offense but only if you think Dorsey was a unicorn and scouting is magic.

Teams turn around their fortunes very quickly these days.
I do think Dorsey is a unicorn...and will replicate what he did here with his next team. He loves what he does...

Any GM can get lucky here and there. His consistency showed it wasn't luck...they had like five quality safeties in 2015.

Chunt can go hang himself with his BS corporate tie persona....dude's a Goldman-Sachs indoctrinated phony. I can see through his helmet-hair attempt to appear as generic as possible.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:52 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Drafts will be worse but there will be more ties. Clark will be happy.
Ties are the new candy wrappers
[Reply]
BossChief 11:36 PM 06-28-2017
It's gonna be interesting to see what happens over the next couple years and what direction the new GM decides to go.

Lots of prime contracts are coming due and tough decisions will need to be made to move on from some of the best players to ever put on a Chiefs jersey.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:57 AM 06-29-2017
Only 3 voters out of 62 feel that this will be good for our ability to identify and draft talent into the organization.

A pretty bad prognosis when you consider that this is how franchises are built.

Apart from candy wrappers and ties, I mean.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:31 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I do think Dorsey is a unicorn...and will replicate what he did here with his next team. He loves what he does...
Then I guess Jon Robinson (Tennessee) and Jason Licht (Tampa Bay) are Unicorns, too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:32 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Only 3 voters out of 62 feel that this will be good for our ability to identify and draft talent into the organization.
Except for the fact that Chiefsplanet has a long running history of being wrong about major Chiefs decisions.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:06 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Except for the fact that Chiefsplanet has a long running history of being wrong about major Chiefs decisions.
I believe it is the Chiefs with the long running history of being wrong about major Chiefs decisions.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:04 PM 06-29-2017
There's really no way to tell at this point. Sucks that Ballard isn't still in KC though. He would have been the obvious replacement.

One thing I do know, is Reid had some fairly deep rosters in Philly over the years. You can't win as many games as he did without drafting well.
[Reply]
NWTF 09:14 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Simple question.
Simple answer.

Probably not
[Reply]
Coogs 09:25 AM 06-30-2017
Short term, we have a pretty good team in place. If the Mahomes pick turns out to be a home run... which I think it will... then the drafts can stay centered around filling the potential holes on the horizon/building around Mahomes. No reason at this point to think the draft has to go in reverse IMO.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up