ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Will our drafts get better or worse in the future, post Dorsey?
I think we can expect them to get better. 3 3.75%
I think they will stay about the same. 18 22.50%
I think they will get worse. 39 48.75%
CHunt had been up all night drinking Tequilla Rose with Gaz when he fired Dorsey 5 6.25%
The Denver Broncos violated the salary cap during their championship seasons, probably by collusion with the Russians. 15 18.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will our drafts get better, post Dorsey and Ballard?
Eleazar 10:09 AM 06-28-2017
Simple question.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:07 AM 06-28-2017
We'll be lucky if we stay the same. The new GM will come in with possibly a new philosophy, a new opinion on positional value, a new opinion on risk vs reward and a new opinion on character assessment.

While Dorsey would take a swing on a Marcus Peters or Tyreek Hill, the new GM may have a different opinion on their risk.

It's a completely different guy. It could result in completely different drafts.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:08 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Who cares when they started? Who cares if they have the official tag of starter.
Moving the goalposts?

Every single first and second round pick Dorsey drafted is starting.
Your premise is incorrect. The Chiefs didn't have a 2nd round pick in 2013 or 2014 and didn't have a 1st round pick in 2016.

Dee Ford didn't start until his 3rd season, and that was due to Houston's lingering injury. It's pretty well known that Chris Ballard did all of the legwork on Marcus Peters.

Your comment is bullshit.
[Reply]
Best22 11:09 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Jones isn't and same with dee ford.
Did you watch the Chiefs last year? Dee Ford is a starter.

Dee Ford and Justin Houston are our starting OLB. Hali and Zombo are backups
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:09 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We'll be lucky if we stay the same. The new GM will come in with possibly a new philosophy, a new opinion on positional value, a new opinion on risk vs reward and a new opinion on character assessment.
Why would the Chiefs hire the guy you've described?

That makes zero sense.

They'll be looking for a seamless transition, not front office overhaul.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Moving the goalposts?

Your premise is incorrect. The Chiefs didn't have a 2nd round pick in 2013 or 2014 and didn't have a 1st round pick in 2016.

Dee Ford didn't start until his 3rd season, and that was due to Houston's lingering injury. It's pretty well known that Chris Ballard did all of the legwork on Marcus Peters.

Every 1st or 2nd rounder Dorsey has drafted is a big contributor. I don't see where he stated otherwise
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:11 AM 06-28-2017
Absolutely false.

Dorsey drafted Fisher with the hope that he'd begin to reach his ceiling by Year 3 or Year 4. They didn't trust Branden Albert to stay healthy and didn't want to pay him $9 million a year.

Fisher sucked ass at right tackle and really didn't begin to make strides as a left tackle until late 2015. Dorsey extended him, which was the correct move but let's not confuse Eric Fisher with other left tackles taken in the Top 10 like Anthony Munoz, Willie Roaf, Jonathan Ogden, etc.
What? Who's comparing fisher to those guys. I'm talking about Dorseys thought process. He brought in Vance walker to give an inside rush... That didn't work, but the thought process eventually led him to Chris Jones.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:11 AM 06-28-2017
Why would the Chiefs hire the guy you've described?

That makes zero sense.
Because no two guys are the same?

I mean look no further than Pioli vs Dorsey. Both are Hunt hires and both came highly regarded. The results couldn't be more different. There's simply no guarantee that they'll just pick up where they left off.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:13 AM 06-28-2017
As long as the coaching staff remains and Veach is hired, I would say about the same.

Every team hits and misses on some draft picks. Not every team develops their picks on the field as well as others. That is where I am hoping we will be fine, as Reid and his staff have remained stable.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:18 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Because no two guys are the same?

I mean look no further than Pioli vs Dorsey. Both are Hunt hires and both came highly regarded. The results couldn't be more different. There's simply no guarantee that they'll just pick up where they left off.
Veach has already been described at the #3 in the organization behind Dorsey & Ballard, so I don't think there will be a fundamental shift in philosophy once he's hired.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...l#navlink=Lead

Part of this is Veach’s own reputation. He has been, basically, the front office’s No. 3 personnel man. So this would be a jump. But personnel folks around the league are unanimous in their praise. The Bills made him a candidate for their own GM opening recently.

Veach spent six years with Andy Reid in Philadelphia before coming to Kansas City, where he’s been an important part of building one of the league’s best and deepest rosters. He also played college ball with quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:20 AM 06-28-2017
Only if Direckshun is running the draft room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:21 AM 06-28-2017
Moving the goalposts?

You are doing a lot of gymnastics to not give a guy credit.

Claiming a pick wasn't good because he took a few years to develop is bullshit.
Not giving credit to the gm for pulling the trigger on a controversial pick like Peters is bullshit
Not crediting Dorsey for the Jones pick even though he was borderline DROY last year is bullshit

It's simple. 5 picks. Fisher is debatable. The rest as of today are terrific. 4 out of 5 picks weren't even in the top 15. That's outstanding.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:22 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Every 1st or 2nd rounder Dorsey has drafted is a big contributor. I don't see where he stated otherwise
Fisher was forced into playing his first and second season. He certainly wasn't ready.

Dee Ford didn't see any meaningful snaps until his third season.

Yeah, Mitch Morse started his rookie season at Center! Woo hoo!

:-)

Dorsey did a fine job but some of you people are painting him as guy that made every correct decision, made no wrong decisions and is essentially, irreplaceable.

No one is irreplaceable.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:22 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Only if Direckshun is running the draft room.
Put Direckshun's Head on the Chopping Block
[Reply]
RunKC 11:23 AM 06-28-2017
-the entire coaching staff is the same
-the entire regional scouts are the same
-Mike Borgonzi is still here
-Brett Veach is still here

I think they can keep the ship sailing okay, but there is no doubt that we will take some sort of small step back. I think those guys off the barrel bin like Abdullah, Mitchell, Parker, etc were products of Ballard, Dorsey and Lewis.

We were going to be in this situation anyway. Veach wasn't going to be here in 2018, so either way you were losing 2/3 of your top guys.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:24 AM 06-28-2017
You are doing a lot of gymnastics to not give a guy credit.
No, you're moving the goalposts, again, because you're a cornered little bitch.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up