ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>John Dorsey's best/worst accomplishment.
Direckshun 02:21 PM 06-27-2017
I think the best thing John Dorsey did as GM was discovering Terrance Mitchell. That ability to find guys off the street and have them contribute was a very valuable skill.

I think finding Hill in the 5th round was a steal.

Bringing in Travis Kelce in the 3rd, an All Pro caliber tight end, is super impressive.

Kind of crazy to say this, but Eric Fisher turned out to be a pretty good pick considering the other reasonable options that were there in an absolutely garbage draft.

Drafting Pat Mahomes was a stroke of genius as well.

Dorsey's worst move was definitely drafting the corner in the 3rd round that we cut before the season started. That's virtually unheard of in the NFL, an absolutely bizarre move.

The Dwayne Bowe contract was hilariously terrible, maybe one of the worst contracts in Chiefs history.

Maclin as a cap casualty in his last week may turn out to be the worst move, but he was pretty lousy last year.

What am I forgetting, folks?
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:57 AM 06-28-2017
Hands down best thing Dorsey did was making it possible to draft Patrick Mahomes II. He has done more than any other GM to set up for Superbowls​ than any other GM four decades.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:57 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I've already corrected that. Murray was a first team All-Pro special teamer for PFF. I must've missed that it was PFF and assumed it was legit.

Still, he was obviously fantastic on ST's. Either Reid or Toub called him our best last year.
http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...f-cc1178d74bfd

Three Kansas City Chiefs were named members of Pro Football Focus’ All-Pro Team on Thursday. Tight end Travis Kelce, punt returner Tyreek Hill and special teamer Eric Murray were all first-team selections while safety Eric Berry was noted as an honorable mention.

While often unheralded, rookie defensive back Eric Murray had a sneaky good season for Kansas City on special teams. PFF broke it down:

"The term “special teams ace” gets thrown around a lot, but we’re looking to grade more than simply a tally of special teams tackles. Eric Murray was a key part of the Chiefs’ kickoff, kick return, punt coverage, and punt return units. He routinely made impressive blocks in the return game, and was often found beating blockers to force returners to change direction."
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:59 AM 06-28-2017
Not getting Voyager to leave the board
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:19 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
Letting the Cowboys steal David Irving.......
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-suspension/

Just hit with a 4 game PED suspension
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:18 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Trading down for Chris Jones was dumb as well. Gave up an extra year on a rookie deal. Dumb salary cap move.
How is that a cap move?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:32 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
How is that a cap move?
They paid considerably less for Jones as a second rounder as opposed to a first.

Also, instead of four years of guaranteed salary, Jones has only 2 years guaranteed.

The lack of a first rounder in the 2018 draft saves them $8-11 million in cap money, too.

Let's face it, guys: The Chiefs cap is a mess.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up