ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>John Dorsey's best/worst accomplishment.
Direckshun 02:21 PM 06-27-2017
I think the best thing John Dorsey did as GM was discovering Terrance Mitchell. That ability to find guys off the street and have them contribute was a very valuable skill.

I think finding Hill in the 5th round was a steal.

Bringing in Travis Kelce in the 3rd, an All Pro caliber tight end, is super impressive.

Kind of crazy to say this, but Eric Fisher turned out to be a pretty good pick considering the other reasonable options that were there in an absolutely garbage draft.

Drafting Pat Mahomes was a stroke of genius as well.

Dorsey's worst move was definitely drafting the corner in the 3rd round that we cut before the season started. That's virtually unheard of in the NFL, an absolutely bizarre move.

The Dwayne Bowe contract was hilariously terrible, maybe one of the worst contracts in Chiefs history.

Maclin as a cap casualty in his last week may turn out to be the worst move, but he was pretty lousy last year.

What am I forgetting, folks?
[Reply]
penbrook 03:39 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by kgrund:
So what is the color of the sky in your world?! Seriously to say that the 2014 draft was ass is just asinine. Many NFL guys think that we have the best 53 man roster in football and 5 of those guys are from the 2014 draft. Ford, Gaines, DAT, LDT, and Fulton have all made contributions at various points in time. Ford and LDT are likely ascending players. Gaines would have a chance if he could ever stay healthy. DAT and Fulton are likely JAGs, but contributors none the less. Is this an absolutely great draft?. No. Is this a really good draft? Absolutely.
Great draft for depth. Hell even Fisher is starting to come around and improve
[Reply]
BossChief 11:38 PM 06-27-2017
Best ---- Peters. ....HOF caliber player after only 2 years...if he stays healthy.

Worst ------ Halis stupid mishandling.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:13 AM 06-28-2017
Kelce, Peters, Jones, signing Mitchell and soon to be Kareem Hunt
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 05:40 AM 06-28-2017
Best: drafting and talent evaluation.

Worst: cap and contracts

I feel like a 'duh' should be added here. If only he was half as good at his worst trait as he was at his best, he might have been one of the best GM's the NFL has ever seen. Sucks.

He will make one hell of a Director of Player Personnel for somebody . . . .
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:34 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Steron:
Bad - Hali contract **** up and Maclin cut via voice message.
Why does everyone get on him for the voice mail? I'm sure he tried calling him multiple times before leaving that. What was he supposed to do? Let him learn about it on Twitter?
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:44 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
2013 and 2014 drafts blew ass outside of Kelce. 2015 was good. 2016 it's too early to know.
Yeah you might have unrealistic expectations.

Name me one team who has drafted better than the Chiefs over the period of 2013 to 2016 and taking into account how high each team was drafting.

I'm sorry but you have to be clueless if you don't see how we have have very solid drafts in John Dorsey's tenure.

And 2017 will prove to be another great draft you heard it here first.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:45 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I feel like a 'duh' should be added here. If only he was half as good at his worst trait as he was at his best, he might have been one of the best GM's the NFL has ever seen. Sucks.

Yeah he will make one great GM for somebody else you mean.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:12 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

The rich get richer...because Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:45 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Yea I don't remember Murray being awarded an All-Pro award. The only rookie special teamer who was a all pro was Hill and that was as PR
DJ alexander went to the probowl as an alternate to replace Matt Slater, who was playing in the superbowl. I THINK that's what he was referring to.

I'm not sure where he pulled Murray was an all-pro from.
[Reply]
Mr. Arrowhead 09:03 AM 06-28-2017
Trading down for Chris Jones was dumb as well. Gave up an extra year on a rookie deal. Dumb salary cap move.
yup didnt we cut the guy we got in the extra pick for moving down. I think it was the 3rd round CB from Notre Dame
[Reply]
staylor26 09:24 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
DJ alexander went to the probowl as an alternate to replace Matt Slater, who was playing in the superbowl. I THINK that's what he was referring to.

I'm not sure where he pulled Murray was an all-pro from.
I've already corrected that. Murray was a first team All-Pro special teamer for PFF. I must've missed that it was PFF and assumed it was legit.

Still, he was obviously fantastic on ST's. Either Reid or Toub called him our best last year.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:33 AM 06-28-2017
2013 and 2014 drafts blew ass outside of Kelce. 2015 was good. 2016 it's too early to know.
Fisher has been a solid left tackle. The whole 2013 draft class sucked, so I think he did as well as could be expected on that pick. But in 2014 we got Dee Ford with our fist pick. He has definitely developed slow, but last year, he turned the corner. He led the league in sacks at the midway point. I hardly would say that sucked ass. We also got LDT and Fulton in the 5th and 6th rounds. Getting your starting guards late like that is pretty good. Were they his best drafts? No. But they didn't exactly blow ass either. The Donks haven't drafted that good in any year since ElFraud has been there. Neither have a lot of teams.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:48 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Why does everyone get on him for the voice mail? I'm sure he tried calling him multiple times before leaving that. What was he supposed to do? Let him learn about it on Twitter?
Why? Here's why:

Dorsey decided to release Maclin on Friday, June 2nd. The move wouldn't show up on the NFL's transaction list until after 1pm on Monday, June 5th.

Dorsey had more than 60 hours in which to notify Maclin of his release, which would have been plenty of time for him to return Dorsey's VM request or to meet with him in person.

It was about as classless a move that could be made by a GM, period.
[Reply]
Grim 09:58 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead:
yup didnt we cut the guy we got in the extra pick for moving down. I think it was the 3rd round CB from Notre Dame
No.
That trade netted us Chris Jones, Parker Ehinger and D.J. White.
Not a bad trade.
[Reply]
Steron 10:55 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why? Here's why:

Dorsey decided to release Maclin on Friday, June 2nd. The move wouldn't show up on the NFL's transaction list until after 1pm on Monday, June 5th.

Dorsey had more than 60 hours in which to notify Maclin of his release, which would have been plenty of time for him to return Dorsey's VM request or to meet with him in person.

It was about as classless a move that could be made by a GM, period.
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up