ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>John Dorsey's best/worst accomplishment.
Direckshun 02:21 PM 06-27-2017
I think the best thing John Dorsey did as GM was discovering Terrance Mitchell. That ability to find guys off the street and have them contribute was a very valuable skill.

I think finding Hill in the 5th round was a steal.

Bringing in Travis Kelce in the 3rd, an All Pro caliber tight end, is super impressive.

Kind of crazy to say this, but Eric Fisher turned out to be a pretty good pick considering the other reasonable options that were there in an absolutely garbage draft.

Drafting Pat Mahomes was a stroke of genius as well.

Dorsey's worst move was definitely drafting the corner in the 3rd round that we cut before the season started. That's virtually unheard of in the NFL, an absolutely bizarre move.

The Dwayne Bowe contract was hilariously terrible, maybe one of the worst contracts in Chiefs history.

Maclin as a cap casualty in his last week may turn out to be the worst move, but he was pretty lousy last year.

What am I forgetting, folks?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
That stupid homer doesn't even know the trade. It was Ehinger and DJ White.
I said "I believe", because I knew it was possibly Ehinger, but getting a starting LG with that pick was pretty fucking good too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:59 PM 06-27-2017
Trading down for Chris Jones was dumb as well. Gave up an extra year on a rookie deal. Dumb salary cap move.
Huh? They also added a pretty good guard via the deal. Who cares about an extra year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:59 PM 06-27-2017
The worst move this franchise has made in this regime and maybe the last decade was passing on Derek Carr, and that was Andy Reid.

The best move was trading up for Mahomes and signaling a new change in philosophy. That was John Dorsey.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:59 PM 06-27-2017
It was dumb as hell of trade. You lost an extra control of a year on Chris Jones for doing it. Dumb as **** you stupid homer.
How much money did he save by not paying a 1st round pay scale? You cant complain about trading down and getting one of the very best rookies in the 2nd round...sheesh. There was no guarantee he's going to do what he did in his 1st year...
[Reply]
staylor26 03:01 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Yea I don't remember Murray being awarded an All-Pro award. The only rookie special teamer who was a all pro was Hill and that was as PR
I'm sorry, I stand corrected. Murray was an All-Pro ST for PFF. I misread that in the past and thought it was a legitimate All-Pro selection.

He was acknowledged by one of the announcers during our game though as our best special teamer according to Reid or Toub. Can't remember which one he said.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:04 PM 06-27-2017
That stupid homer doesn't even know the trade. It was Ehinger and DJ White.

Ehinger & White suck ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:09 PM 06-27-2017
Here is what SF paid in Jones spot...$9,315,779 guaranteed $4,938,976 SB

Jones received a $2,713,812 signing bonus and a total guarantee of $3,890,050.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but 1st round contracts are fully guaranteed?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:11 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Eric Murray, an All-Pro special teamer as a rookie, was one I believe.

ChiefsCountry claims none Dorsey's drafts were great. He's a ****ing idiot.
2013 and 2014 drafts blew ass outside of Kelce. 2015 was good. 2016 it's too early to know.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:18 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Ehinger & White suck ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:21 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Correct me if I'm mistaken but 1st round contracts are fully guaranteed?
Since the 2011 CBA, first round contracts are usually guaranteed for the first four seasons but not always. Teams also expect an "Offset" so that if a player is waived and claimed by another team, the claiming team pays the remainder of the contract.

Second round picks are generally fully guaranteed for only 2 seasons.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:23 PM 06-27-2017
Best: The trade for and drafting of Mahomes.

Worst: The sweatshirt when it was 110 degrees out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:26 PM 06-27-2017
2013 and 2014 drafts blew ass outside of Kelce. 2015 was good. 2016 it's too early to know.
Zach Fulton, a 6th rounder, has played in 48 games, starting 34 of those games at right guard, left guard and/or center.

Laurent Duvernay-Tardiff has been a 27 game starter and just signed a 5 year contract extension for $40 million.

Dee Ford had 10 sacks last year in 14 games started and has 15.5 sacks in 19 games started.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 03:27 PM 06-27-2017
Letting the Cowboys steal David Irving.......
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 06-27-2017
We had no 2nd round picks those years. Eric Fisher is an above average LT that continues to get better, while Luke Joeckel is on his way out of the league. If we took Kelce #1 and Fisher in the 3rd it would've looked like a really solid draft, but since we didn't it "blew"?. Dee Ford had 10 sacks last year, so let's stop pretending he's a bust. LDT was a fantastic late rounder. Fulton was a solid late pick too. They weren't spectacular, but considering the circumstances they definitely didn't blow either.

2015 was certainly great. We drafted the DROY, one of the leagues best young Centers, and an already solid WR in Conley going into year 3. Nelson is a solid NB. DJ Alexander is a fantastic special teamer. We've also gotten good value out of RNR and Wilson.

2016 also looks to be great with Jones and Hill alone. Guys like Murray, Ehinger, Robinson, and White can only make it better.
[Reply]
kgrund 03:32 PM 06-27-2017
So what is the color of the sky in your world?! Seriously to say that the 2014 draft was ass is just asinine. Many NFL guys think that we have the best 53 man roster in football and 5 of those guys are from the 2014 draft. Ford, Gaines, DAT, LDT, and Fulton have all made contributions at various points in time. Ford and LDT are likely ascending players. Gaines would have a chance if he could ever stay healthy. DAT and Fulton are likely JAGs, but contributors none the less. Is this an absolutely great draft?. No. Is this a really good draft? Absolutely.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up