« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Cowden interviewing today. Hope he gets it.
If anyone other than Veach is hired as the GM, the Chiefs are looking at a massive overhaul of the front office in 2018, with Veach most certainly leaving the franchise for a position elsewhere.

Is that really what you want?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:37 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
This is a truly awful take. BB's style works because he has a pile of rings.
....because of Brady. Oh, and cheating.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:52 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If anyone other than Veach is hired as the GM, the Chiefs are looking at a massive overhaul of the front office in 2018, with Veach most certainly leaving the franchise for a position elsewhere.

With Dorsey and Ballard gone + the cap guy and scouts you could argue the front office is already going through a massive overhaul.

I want the best candidate moving forward.
[Reply]
penbrook 11:53 AM 06-28-2017

Fitterer has a interview today as well
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:45 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
With Dorsey and Ballard gone + the cap guy and scouts you could argue the front office is already going through a massive overhaul.

I want the best candidate moving forward.
So you'd like to see all of the new hires fired, so there's a complete change in front office personnel?

I don't see how that benefits the Chiefs or Andy Reid.
[Reply]
threebag 02:35 PM 06-28-2017
"I’m obviously willing to do anything to help the team and help us get better — whatever that is."-Alex Smith
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:09 PM 06-28-2017
It says he was the best man for the job.

I'm not sure why you'd think otherwise.
:-) You really believe that, don't you?

Originally Posted by threebag02:
"I’m obviously willing to do anything to help the team and help us get better — whatever that is."-Alex Smith
Pack your shit and head back to Cali?

Say, can someone tell me why Clark Hunt enjoys fisting his own asshole so much?

Also, number of years his latest dumbshit move will set franchise momentum back?

I'm going with 2.
[Reply]
DaWolf 01:20 AM 06-29-2017
And there it is. Clearest explanation thus far with specific examples of moves Dorsey made that led to this...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/k...d-nfl-notebook
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:38 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by DaWolf:
And there it is. Clearest explanation thus far with specific examples of moves Dorsey made that led to this...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/k...d-nfl-notebook
"Others in the building saw signs of decisions becoming less collaborative, and more centered on Dorsey’s instincts"

That tends to happen when you are consistently right...and realize that others arent as intuitive. Roles define themselves...organically.

Dorsey should have paid "Dwight" Stephenson...THAT is why he was fired. :-) (I Imagine they will fix that typo...)

Chiefs are mum on this...as CHunt knows that real football people know he's an amateur owner falling into his position via inheritance. What little football cred he had... just took a hit. Scouts talk too...

Reid is a perfect Hunt coach...he's always walked the line of "company man" and old school football. Dorsey sounds like he was too far out of the "yes man" loop..and just cared about building a quality football team.

Chunt is now a joke...in real football circles. I say good...you earned it junior. The only thing that commands respect is the money his father left him....They should sell the team. Hunt should go play CEO/owner of something he cares about...
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:49 AM 06-29-2017
my biggest question is this:

pioli: four years 1 murder suicide, fired.

dorsey: four years, no murder suicides, fired.

:-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:52 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
my biggest question is this:

pioli: four years 1 murder suicide, fired.

dorsey: four years, no murder suicides, fired.

:-)
You forgot 2-14 vs 12-4

Every time I see locker room video, post-game...Hunt looks like 13 year old. I imagine Dorsey's respect for Hunt ends where his inheritance does...in regards to real football.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:57 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You forgot 2-14 vs 12-4

Every time I see locker room video, post-game...Hunt looks like 13 year old. I Imagine Dorsey's respect for Hunt ends where his inheritance does...in regards to real football.
i didn't forget, i just couldn't be bothered atm posting stats. look. i am actually all for it, the firing. it came down to a green bay option further down the road. i'd be pissed too. as long as we see 'proof' andy is NOT the GM, then we will be fine. :-)
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:04 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i didn't forget, i just couldn't be bothered atm posting stats. look. i am actually all for it, the firing. it came down to a green bay option further down the road. i'd be pissed too. as long as we see 'proof' andy is NOT the GM, then we will be fine. :-)
Chunt needs to go away...quit living in his father's shadow. This was such a chump move...
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:32 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Chunt needs to go away...quit living in his father's shadow. This was such a chump move...
right now, knee jerk reaction. let's revisit in two years time.

i think everyone is getting butterflies given the chiefs have been in the news so much this offseason. ya'll aren't used to it.

at least they aren't the browns. :-)
[Reply]
booger 03:01 AM 06-29-2017
Thanks for posting that DaWolf. Yep, it's starting to make much more sense. Dorsey has been called a Ted Thompson clone and even if he doesn't publicaly admit it I'm sure those close to him know he most likely doesn't like the duties that come with being A GM in the typical sense. Like Thompson he could do without the contract negotiations, salary cap, and all the business side of things in the football operations. In '99 he went with Mike Holmgren to Seattle. Holmgren had a clause in his contract allowing him to persue HC/GM dual role jobs and he got one in Seattle. He took Dorsey along as his Director of Player Personnel. He had been GB's Director of College Scouting at the time. I believe at the same time Holmgren took Will Lewis, who Dorsey just let his contract expire at the same time as McCracken, from GB to Seattle. Then in '01 Scott Fitterer became a scout in Seattle. So that is probably part of the reason Fitterer is being granted an interview. He's definitly qualified. But also reccommended from Holmgren to Reid and Hunt. Back to Dorsey...He lasted only 1 year, the '99 season in Seattle. He resigned and took a demotion to go back to GB as the Director as College Scouting once again. He held that position from 2000 until being promoted to Director of Football Operations (Ballard's last job in KC) in 2012 before of course becoming KC's GM.

McGinn: Dorsey ideal option as next Packers GM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-gm/96489822/

Take a look at the above article to get a good insight to Dorsey is as a man from folks that know him very well up in GB. He loves is up there. Living there. Bought a house there last summer. The thought that was out there of him wanting an out clause just like Holmgren in a sense, I can believe it after reading that article. I can see him being torn if he knows when that would become available he would love to have it. And despite Eliot Wolf, Russ Ball, and Brian Gutekunst being on staff there's thought that Packers CEO Mark Murphy prefers Dorsey above all of them.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...future-nfl-gm/

Speaking of Russ Ball, read up on him. Marty's former asst. strength coach then asst to the HC(Marty) Denny Thum of the salary cap and loved by everyone just like Thum always was. But so much more than Thum in all aspects of football you could imagine. Side note: Russ's Brother Randy is a Pro Scout for KC. Brought in by Dorsey. But if you actually read up on Ross you will see why it works for GB with an old school scout who probably doesn't like the salary cap, contracts, etc and it's not his strong suit. That's exactly why they hate any publicity he gets because he is invaluable to them and doesn't seem to mind working out of the spotlight.

KC never had that luxury of a Russ Ball to pair with Dorsey. And Murphy knows this and realizes he can pair those two just like Thompson and Ball and not miss a beat. Plus he probably can retain 1 of Eliot Wolf and Gutekunst to take over for Dorsey after say 5-8 years give or take. Some think that Wolf never wants the job his father had and the pressure that would come along with it.

I'm sure if he and Hunt could have worked through their differences on his management style, cap woes, and come to terms of likely a very hefty raise, Dorsey would still be here. But they would also be best off going out and finding their own Russ Ball, Thum, or John Idzik type. But that isn't really how things are structured. And that probably would lead to a less paying contract for a GM who in Hunt's eyes wasn't a complete GM. Time will tell on his next move but I could also see Dorsey taking a Senior or Executive VP of Football Operations role... A non GM but lead Personnel Exec role. Or he could very well end up GB's GM if they can also retain Ball. Either way, in my opinion, I don't see him wanting to work anywhere else besides GB. The man loves it up there. And that really sucks for KC. But I'm willing to give Clark a break on this as I'm not sure there was anything he could do considering.
[Reply]
Page 120 of 137
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130 > Last »
Up