Page 10 of 137
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dorsey gone?
bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
chop 02:32 PM 06-22-2017
I wonder if Reid didn't like the draft? It just seems odd to let Dorsey go right now.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 02:32 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Brett Veach I'm telling you. He will be a good fit. Players respect him
Which exact players told you about their respect for Brett Veach?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:32 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
The one thing Dorsey was great at was finding depth and starters in the later rounds of the draft
The SCOUTS found them and Dorsey made the call to draft them
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Surely there's some shit going on behind the scenes with this,
Is it even 'behind the scenes'?

Reid just got extended, Dorsey got the ax and the rumors are that Reid's former scout is going to be the new GM.

'Behind the scenes' my ass. It's as behind the scenes as Manziel's drinking problem. This was a power play by a guy that should goddamn well know better. He just cut his 'best friend of 20 years' off right at the goddamn knees.

Fuck you, fat man. You have 3 years to win a title. You get the same fucking ultimatum I gave Pioli when he came in here and fucked around with Haley, Jackson and Cassel - if you're so goddamn smart that you can do things that make no since whatsoever at face value, you'd better damn well prove it and win. NOW.

This pisses me off immensely. How in the name of fuck can this be an acceptable decision?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:33 PM 06-22-2017
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cochise again.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:33 PM 06-22-2017
You have to wonder if the Maclin move led to this. Andy called Maclin right afterwards too. I don't think Andy was happy about any of that situation even though it had to be done.

You have to hope that Brett Veach has learned from john Dorsey and Chris Ballard the last 4 years.

Goddamn this hurts
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:33 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
tk13 02:33 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
His free agent signings sucked so did his cap management and he burned alot of picks but he was an excellent drafter and found some gems on the waiver wire.
I also think a lot of people liked that he was the first GM we've had who really didn't play favorites. Some would say they did with Smith, but they even drafted his replacement this year. Dorsey was always looking to add talent, regardless of position.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:33 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Or a coach who could coach these players up to be competent. I think you guys are giving the guy who's buying the ingredients and not enough to the guy actually making the meals.
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutely. Reid deserves a major amount of credit too, but I don't want one person in charge of both things - this rarely works in the NFL.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:33 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
Mecca 02:33 PM 06-22-2017
It's brilliant to fire a guy who's done the best at drafting that this team has seen in 30 years and also a guy who is really good at churning through cuts and finding contributing players.

Awesome GM for building depth so I fully expect that to vanish. No more Howards, Parkers or Mitchells.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:34 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I suspect that Hunt didn't like the constant links to Green Bay and the idea that Dorsey could just up and leave on a moment's notice. So instead of going through the rigmarole of dancing around a contract extension, Clark just said "I'm not extending you and you're fired".

What this does is allow the Chiefs to put a new GM in place NOW, so that they're ready for the 2018 draft, instead of being without a GM when the league year starts in 2018.
Makes a little bit of sense, but supposedly Reid and Dorsey were best friends. Fire one, extend the other?
[Reply]
penbrook 02:34 PM 06-22-2017
Per Evan Silva

A theory on why Dorsey might of been gone

#Chiefs were in such bad cap condition that they were essentially forced to cut one of Andy Reid's favorite players.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:34 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is it even 'behind the scenes'?

Reid just got extended, Dorsey got the ax and the rumors are that Reid's former scout is going to be the new GM.

'Behind the scenes' my ass. It's as behind the scenes as Manziel's drinking problem. This was a power play by a guy that should goddamn well know better. He just cut his 'best friend of 20 years' off right at the goddamn knees.

**** you, fat man. You have 3 years to win a title. You get the same ****ing ultimatum I gave Pioli when he came in here and ****ed around with Haley, Jackson and Cassel - if you're so goddamn smart that you can do things that make no since whatsoever at face value, you'd better damn well prove it and win. NOW.

This pisses me off immensely. How in the name of **** can this be an acceptable decision?
It's the Chiefs dude what would you expect?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:34 PM 06-22-2017

[Reply]
Page 10 of 137
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up