ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 56
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 NBA Off Season Thread
Al Bundy 07:13 PM 06-20-2017

Sources: Charlotte is sending Miles Plumlee, Marco Belenelli and 41st pick to Atlanta for Dwight Howard and 31st pick.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojVerticalNBA) June 21, 2017

The Celtics and 76ers have agreed to a trade that will send the #1 pick to Philly, who plan on drafting Markelle Fultz (@daldridgetnt)

— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) June 18, 2017

The draft is June 22nd.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:21 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
Wolves would be smart to trade Wiggins.
For what? More draft picks?

We're done with that.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:53 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Rudy won the toss:
Wolves would be smart to trade Wiggins.
I honestly think I would have kept Lavine over Wiggins, and I'm sure they probably could have swung another player with Butler if they did that. I think Wiggins is a tad overrated, too much of a volume shooter, isn't that efficient(and I'm a KU fan). Lavine has the potential to be a more well rounded player, as well as a scorer.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:25 PM 06-23-2017
Great trade for the Bulls.

Could really pay off in 2-3 years.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:44 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Again, I know it sucks, but Wolves fans STILL have to be patient. I'm not sure spending $$$ on bench player free agents is the answer. At least this year, anyway.

Enjoy the incredible upgrade that Butler will give the team. They'll win a lot more games this year, and they might or even probably will be in the playoffs. It's the first time in forever that's happened.

We can figure out long term stuff next season. Hopefully Butler will be willing to re-sign at the end of his two remaining years. And we also have to account for new deals upcoming for Wiggins and Towns in the approximate near future. We've got the money, but that also means being smart with how we build a consistent team that can and will legitimately compete.
No issue with being patient and saving the money for legitimate paydays. I was more asking if there was a Brogdon or Jordan Bell type player (not those players specifically) out there to be had for minimal cost.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:17 PM 06-24-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I honestly think I would have kept Lavine over Wiggins, and I'm sure they probably could have swung another player with Butler if they did that. I think Wiggins is a tad overrated, too much of a volume shooter, isn't that efficient(and I'm a KU fan). Lavine has the potential to be a more well rounded player, as well as a scorer.
A bit overrated? Isn't that efficient? Understatements. Wiggins is pure shit defensively, which is weird since his rep all along was he could guard anyone (and he did at KU, quite well). The times I've watched him he's lazy as f*** unless the ball is in his hands.

The Wolves defensive rating is 27/30 teams and nobody on the team is a plus-defender by the metrics. I don't follow any of this trash outside of KU players in the league, so maybe they're actually better than the data. Either way, it suggests Butler is going to add about 10 wins to their record. That implies they'll eke in, so they can get swept by G.S.
[Reply]
KCCHIEFS27 05:22 PM 06-24-2017
Anybody gonna get caught up with this Big3 league Ice Cube put together? It's weird they're going to air the games the night after they take place. First games happen tomorrow, but will be shown on FS1 Monday night. I'll check out atleast one week of games to give it a shot.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:25 PM 06-25-2017
Three way trade between Cleveland, Indiana and Denver for Paul George and Kevin Love being discussed. Cleveland gets George. Denver gets Love is the main parts.
[Reply]
mcaj22 06:31 PM 06-25-2017
Denver is absolutely stupid if they got baited into giving up either Gary Harris or Jamal Murray
[Reply]
mcaj22 02:31 PM 06-26-2017
Draymond had the most votes for First Team All Defense and total voting points. Could very well win DPOY

but hey according to CP hes just average
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:30 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Draymond had the most votes for First Team All Defense and total voting points. Could very well win DPOY

but hey according to CP hes just average
People think he's average? :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:28 PM 06-26-2017
Why would the wolves want to trade Rubio at this point?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:01 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
People think he's average? :-)

That's what the 1-on-1 stats show
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:26 PM 06-26-2017
the non factor 4th piece of the Warriors won DPOY.

He's not relevant though, doesn't count when talking about their talent, just average.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:42 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
the non factor 4th piece of the Warriors won DPOY.

He's not relevant though, doesn't count when talking about their talent, just average.
I still say he is overrated. Saying he is not relevant is taking it too far but I don't believe anyone here ever posted that.

Dray is good but I'd take Durant, Curry and Klay over him in a heartbeat and it isn't close. Like I said before he benefits from playing with a lot of talent but put Dray on a bad team and I bet barely anyone talks about him.

He still might get DPOY but lets face it there are not that many good defensive basketball players in the league anymore. Not downplaying the award he got, it's an impressive award to get but face it today's NBA is pretty much all about scoring..
[Reply]
OldSchool 10:02 PM 06-26-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I still say he is overrated. Saying he is not relevant is taking it too far but I don't believe anyone here ever posted that.

Dray is good but I'd take Durant, Curry and Klay over him in a heartbeat and it isn't close. Like I said before he benefits from playing with a lot of talent but put Dray on a bad team and I bet barely anyone talks about him.

He still might get DPOY but lets face it there are not that many good defensive basketball players in the league anymore. Not downplaying the award he got, it's an impressive award to get but face it today's NBA is pretty much all about scoring..
That's why they call him a glue guy, not someone who elevates the team, but fits in and does all of the dirty work.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 56
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up