ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr could get $25 million annually
RunKC 06:05 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...14801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:43 PM 06-09-2017
Elude
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:50 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by Psyko Tek:
so, a white guy onna popular team, that knows how to run an offense?
The sculptor is already working on his bust for Canton.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 12:12 AM 06-10-2017
is Bob Dole actually Ned Stark?!? Father????

[Reply]
Danguardace 01:18 AM 06-10-2017
I know these guys (Cousins and Carr) were on shitty Rookie deals but the figures being banded around are insane. Sign a sensible deal win some Play-off games first then come back with some leverage.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 04:06 AM 06-10-2017
Raiders are projected to be 80 million under the cap next year- They have plenty of room to sign both Carr and Mack-

Do players ever really make the full amount of their contracts? Most of it is incentive based right?

Derek Carr is a franchise QB. There's teams that have spent the last 25 years still looking for that franchise QB. Mariota, Carr, Winston etc all these young QB's are the new upcoming QB's in the NFL. This contract for Carr is going to set the rate for guys like Mariota, Winston etc. Teams like the Bucs and Titans all know this and I'm sure most of those teams have likely had conversations with Reggie McKenzie concerning this.. GM's do it all the time-

I think 25 is likely incentive whereas his most likely earning per year will be in and around 20 million a year- Worth every penny of it
[Reply]
ChiefGator 05:58 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Packers paid Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews a combined $33 million last season and both of them signed contracts more than 3 years ago.

Inflation from 2013 will push Carr/Mack to make $40 million combined or more in 2018 or 2019.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

The first year of a contract isn't the most expensive. It's just the opposite.

Carr and Mack will probably make around $20-25 million in the first year of their new deals.
Actually, that IS the way that McKenzie does contracts with his "pay-as-you-go". It will be really interesting to see if he manages to stick to that way of doing contracts with these really big contracts though. He might be forced to give a more traditional contract so the agent can brag about a huge signing bonus. Definitely going to be a challenge for him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:38 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Contracts can be structured any way in which the client and team so choose.

But I'm sure that point will always allude you, as no one will ever sign you to a contract to do anything, Mr. 200,000 posts.
1. No shit, but the largest contracts are usually backloaded.

2. "Elude," learn to spell, moron.

3. I've been under a work contract for years.

4. Go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:08 AM 06-10-2017
If ASS was given 17 Carr is worth 25 easy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:11 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
:-) he's top 5
:-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:13 AM 06-10-2017
Yeah, more in the 5-10 range and getting better. Not top 5 YET.
[Reply]
NWTF 10:16 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yeah, more in the 5-10 range and getting better. Not top 5 YET.
Thats where Id put him, 5-10.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:03 AM 06-10-2017
1. No shit, but the largest contracts are usually backloaded.

2. "Elude," learn to spell, moron.

3. I've been under a work contract for years.

4. Go fuck yourself.

Sorry about your labia
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:32 AM 06-10-2017

The first year of a contract isn't the most expensive. It's just the opposite.

Carr and Mack will probably make around $20-25 million in the first year of their new deals.
The first year is generally less expensive capwise if they put in a signing bonus and a small first year salary to offset it. But that's usually done to free up cap space in the short term if necessary. I'm not sure what the Raiders cap situation looks like, but they have had tons of space recently. If they have cap space to burn, they could just pay a large first year salary instead of a big signing bonus. Then the first year number would be large. It's smart to do that when possible. Then you aren't creating huge dead money at the end of the contract.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:54 AM 06-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
If ASS was given 17 Carr is worth 25 easy.

That is Carr's best argument I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:58 AM 06-10-2017
That's pretty insane when you think about it. Guy's basically had no real success in this league.

One elite season statistically speaking. Hasn't touched the post season, no division titles, and can't even beat the Chiefs consistently.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 29
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up