ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 29
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr could get $25 million annually
RunKC 06:05 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by :
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, "it is very possible" Carr could be the first quarterback in the NFL to make $25 million annually.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...14801.amp.html

2018 is going to be crazy for the Raiders. Carr and Mack alone will make up close to $50 million.
Time to find out how good Reggie McKenzie really is.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:15 PM 06-11-2017
You pay your franchise Q or someone else will.
[Reply]
notorious 12:17 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You pay your franchise Q or someone else will.
Yeah.

And for all the guys making fun of Carr and the Raid, just imagine having a QB good enough to justify that kind of money.

I am jealous. I hope we have this problems some day.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:24 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
Aaron Rodgers didn't win his 1st division title till his 4th year as a starter

Aaron Rodgers has only been to 1 SB his entire career
Not Rodgers fault that his team blew a 12 point lead with 5 mins left in the game in Seattle.
The man just willed an 8-8 at best team to the NFCCG a few months ago

Don't care about Brady's rings with the best coach ever. Rodgers is the best QB in football.
[Reply]
Best22 12:30 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah.

And for all the guys making fun of Carr and the Raid, just imagine having a QB good enough to justify that kind of money.

That's why we got Mahomes: in the hopes that he is better than lame Alex.

But why pay a guy 25 mil if he can't beat Alex Smith? After all, Smith could never beat an elite QB head to head in a game:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 12:32 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah.

Me too.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:13 AM 06-12-2017
You have developed calcium deposits in your medulla oblongata- seek medical attention-
Listen Timmy...let me break the NFL down for you.

#1. There are 32 owners that meet and decide how they want their collective business run. They have complete autonomy. They OWN this shit-show. They vote on who can purchase a franchise. It doesn't matter if someone can afford it..it's a very specific club.

#2. Their business is 100% free of legal oversight. They are an entertainment entity by law....they can cheat, fix scores, do what ever without any legal repercussions. They hire their own officials and regulate them in house. They answer to no one... and have no real regulations. All they have to do is say "we're looking into it" after a game deciding call...then reprimand some part-time official for a few weeks.

Goodell said he didn't want officiating to become computerized...that they, essentially, needed human error as it was part of the game. They are trying to hold on as long as possible before technology makes the rigging obsolete. It has been a success in Canada. They have already taken steps to make an officiating "command center" in NY where one place decides critical calls...but no one knows who is making them. It doesn't matter anyway as they are free from any real scrutiny.

#3. They all share television revenue profits equally. Browns make as much as the Patriots. It's in Cleveland's owners best financial interest to have Brady in a SB. Name recognition and international brand building. The majority of the NFL's cash stream comes from the network contracts. They are essentially slaves to their ratings...

#4. There has been a Vegas betting line on the NFL for as long as I've been alive. I realize most have a cognitive dissonance to this as it's always been a part of it...but...there is a Billion dollar industry built off point spreads. To act like it has little or no significance/influence is to ignore who exactly OWNS the NFL. They arent two separate entities.

#5 They built their own network. They hire people to shape what narrative they want their consumers to repeat. It's total control. Vegas wants a team/stadium...hype them the previous off-season and have the refs make sure they are competitive. It's just business. If they are in a national spotlight game, make sure they win. If there is a controversial call..steer them away by introducing doubt. Make situations opaque..catch or not a catch. If it takes marking the ball short 3 times in a row..and denying a challenge..so be it. NFL owners just got a new stadium on the tax payers dime....wish I could fleece every citizen to pay for a warehouse to run my business in. Sweet deal...
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:20 AM 06-12-2017
Got it. All true.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 08:21 AM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Listen Timmy...let me break the NFL down for you.

#1. There are 32 owners that meet and decide how they what their collective business run. They have complete autonomy. They OWN this shit-show. They vote on who can purchase a franchise. It doesn't matter if someone can afford it..it's a very specific club.

#2. Their business is 100% free of legal oversight. They are an entertainment entity by law....they can cheat, fix scores, do what ever without any legal repercussions. They hire their own officials and regulate them in house. They answer to no one... and have no real regulations. All they have to do is say "we're looking into it" after a game deciding call...then reprimand some part-time official for a few weeks.

Goodell said he didn't want officiating to become computerized...that they, essentially, needed human error as it was part of the game. They are trying to hold on as long as possible before technology makes the rigging obsolete. It has been a success in Canada. They have already taken steps to make an officiating "command center" in NY where one place decides critical calls...but no one knows who is making them. It doesn't matter anyway as they are free from any real scrutiny.

#3. They all share television revenue profits equally. Browns make as much as the Patriots. It's in Cleveland's owners best financial interest to have Brady in a SB. Name recognition and international brand building. The majority of the NFL's cash stream comes from the network contracts. They are essentially slaves to their ratings...

#4. There has been a Vegas betting line on the NFL for as long as I've been alive. I realize most have a cognitive dissonance to this as it's always been a part of it...but...there is a Billion dollar industry built off point spreads. To act like it has little or no significance/influence is to ignore who exactly OWNS the NFL. They arent two separate entities.

#5 They built their own network. They hire people to shape what narrative they want their consumers to repeat. It's total control. Vegas wants a team/stadium...hype them the previous off-season and have the refs make sure they are competitive. It's just business. If they are in a national spotlight game, make sure they win. If there is a controversial call..steer them away by introducing doubt. Make situations opaque..catch or not a catch. If it takes marking the ball short 3 times in a row..and denying a challenge..so be it. NFL owners just got a new stadium on the tax payers dime....wish I could fleece every citizen to pay for a warehouse to run my business in. Sweet deal...
You're a wack job
[Reply]
Rausch 10:17 AM 06-12-2017
They spent that $58 million of cap in 2 years...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:31 AM 06-12-2017
You're a wack job
It's far beyond that.
[Reply]
Jiu Jitsu Jon 01:40 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
It's far beyond that.
I think he's in his manic phase again. We need some lithium over here STAT.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:26 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Raiders just fucking bullied the Broncos in their first meeting. That was awesome.

Thanks for the reminder.

Their OL beat the Donks front seven like red headed stepchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:38 PM 06-13-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
That's why we got Mahomes: in the hopes that he is better than lame Alex.

But why pay a guy 25 mil if he can't beat Alex Smith? After all, Smith could never beat an elite QB head to head in a game:-)
You are a dumbass, you act like Carr and Smith are the only 2 players on the field when they play... ..
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:08 AM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon:
I think he's in his manic phase again. We need some lithium over here STAT.
The internet is a fascinating phenomenon. Everyone believes that their words have equal weight....just type them and you magically have an opinion and clout. Doesn't matter if there is actual research involved...just denounce what is uncomfortable and tether yourself to idealistic programming....your "safe zone".

In real world terms...your reply, associating me with a lithium patient, didn't work. It might have made you feel a fleeting and inflated sense of mental superiority...but when the shit-smoke clears...you really didn't offer a rebuttal that required an actual opinion or personal observation.

Protecting idealism is a primitive function...welcome to the ape house. I'm sure you will find it's quite crowded...
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:32 AM 06-14-2017
Rodgers isn't better than Brady
[Reply]
Page 10 of 29
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up