ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (6/7)
Direckshun 01:35 PM 06-07-2017
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs finish 10-6, make the playoffs but are bounced out of the Wild Card round. Andy Reid and John Dorsey have been inked long-term.

2. The Chiefs cut QB Alex Smith.

3. The Chiefs extend CB Terrance Mitchell 3 years, $18m ($7m guaranteed)

3. The Chiefs sign NT Bennie Logan for 3 years, $27m ($12m guaranteed), CB Phillip Gaines for 2 years, $4m, K Cairo Santos for 4 years, $11m ($4m guaranteed).

4. The Chiefs sign QB Tyler Bray, FB Anthony Sherman, WR Albert Wilson, TE Gavin Escobar to minimal deals.

5. The Chiefs let walk RB CJ Spiller, WR De'Anthony Thomas, G Zach Fulton, G Mike Person, DE Jarvis Jenkins, P Dustin Colquitt.

6. The Chiefs sign QB Chad Henne (Jaguars), RB Lorenzo Taliaferro (Ravens), TE Clay Harbor (Saints)

7. The Chiefs are picking 24th, and have no compensatory picks.

2. WR Parris Campbell, Ohio State
3. OLB Porter Gustin, USC
4. NT Lowell Lotulelei
5. C Nick Linder, Miami
6. WR Brandon Powell, Florida
7. P Joseph Davidson, Bowling Green

roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Bray
RB: Hunt, Ware, West, Taliaferro
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Campbell, Wilson, Robinson, Powell
TE: Kelce, Escobar, Harris, Harbor

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Ehinger, Reid
C: Morse, Linder
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Reid
RT: Schwartz, Witzmann

DE: Jones, Nunez-Roches
NT: Logan, Lotulelei, Barnes
DE: Bailey, Kpassagnon, King

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Wilson, Smith
ILB: Johnson, Eligwe, March-Lillard
OLB: Houston, Gustin

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray, McQuay

K: Santos
P: Davidson
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
kccrow 03:50 PM 06-14-2017
Thinking along similar lines...

This is what I've kinda had on the burner so far:
Cut QB Alex Smith
Extend CB Terrence Mitchell
Re-Sign K Cairo Santos, QB Tyler Bray, FB Anthony Sherman

Sign FA ILB Avery Williamson (TEN)

2. DE/OLB Jaylon Ferguson, Lousiana Tech
Looking forward, the Chiefs will be without Tamba Hali for the first time in over a decade, so they'll need to add a true pass rushing threat to their arsenal. With a contract looming for Dee Ford, they could look to replace him with a $100 million man already on the roster.

3. DT Folorunso Fatukasi, Connecticut
The Chiefs are on a one-year rental of Bennie Logan. We'll have to see if they re-sign him, but they'll have to get their own guy inside.

4. FS Anthony Sherrils, Missouri
With his salary and age, it certainly could mean that Ron Parker will become a cap casuality at some point either in 2018 or 2019 (final year of his deal).

5. WR Linell Bonner III, Houston
The Chiefs could lose more from their receiving corps in 2018, including Albert Wilson. They'll probably have to keep plucking mid-rounders and placing them in the pipeline.

6. OG Kyle Bosch, West Virginia
The Chiefs pretty well lose all of their reserve guards in 2018, including Zach Fulton so they'll need to retool there.

7. ILB Chad Whitener, Oklahoma State
The Chiefs have a couple free agents at ILB in 2018, including Ramik Wilson, Terrance Smith, and Justin March-Lillard (if they make it through 2017 camp), plus Derrick Johnson could retire, so they'll have to keep feeding that position as well. I'd look for a veteran addition to help bolster this group too.

7. P Spencer Smith, Memphis
Colquitt will be a free agent and his salary is too high to boot. I think KC looks for a rookie, and while I'm generally against drafting Punters, I think they'll take one late.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:06 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He'll be 31 with a $7 million cap hit next season.

He's got potential cut all over him, IMO. He'll need to play his ass off this year to keep his job ahead of Murray, IMO. I think they want to get him on the field.
I don't know, man. The Chiefs don't need to cut every elder statesman next year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up