ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (6/7)
Direckshun 01:35 PM 06-07-2017
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs finish 10-6, make the playoffs but are bounced out of the Wild Card round. Andy Reid and John Dorsey have been inked long-term.

2. The Chiefs cut QB Alex Smith.

3. The Chiefs extend CB Terrance Mitchell 3 years, $18m ($7m guaranteed)

3. The Chiefs sign NT Bennie Logan for 3 years, $27m ($12m guaranteed), CB Phillip Gaines for 2 years, $4m, K Cairo Santos for 4 years, $11m ($4m guaranteed).

4. The Chiefs sign QB Tyler Bray, FB Anthony Sherman, WR Albert Wilson, TE Gavin Escobar to minimal deals.

5. The Chiefs let walk RB CJ Spiller, WR De'Anthony Thomas, G Zach Fulton, G Mike Person, DE Jarvis Jenkins, P Dustin Colquitt.

6. The Chiefs sign QB Chad Henne (Jaguars), RB Lorenzo Taliaferro (Ravens), TE Clay Harbor (Saints)

7. The Chiefs are picking 24th, and have no compensatory picks.

2. WR Parris Campbell, Ohio State
3. OLB Porter Gustin, USC
4. NT Lowell Lotulelei
5. C Nick Linder, Miami
6. WR Brandon Powell, Florida
7. P Joseph Davidson, Bowling Green

roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Bray
RB: Hunt, Ware, West, Taliaferro
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Campbell, Wilson, Robinson, Powell
TE: Kelce, Escobar, Harris, Harbor

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Ehinger, Reid
C: Morse, Linder
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Reid
RT: Schwartz, Witzmann

DE: Jones, Nunez-Roches
NT: Logan, Lotulelei, Barnes
DE: Bailey, Kpassagnon, King

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Wilson, Smith
ILB: Johnson, Eligwe, March-Lillard
OLB: Houston, Gustin

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray, McQuay

K: Santos
P: Davidson
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:59 PM 06-07-2017
If Bray doesn't show enough to be the backup QB.....then he won't be re-signed. He's either re-signed to be the backup.....or he's not retained.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:11 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
If Bray doesn't show enough to be the backup QB.....then he won't be re-signed. He's either re-signed to be the backup.....or he's not retained.
Then you're hunting for two QBs in one offseason with six draft picks and little cap space.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:23 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Then you're hunting for two QBs in one offseason with six draft picks and little cap space.
They've still got Joel Stave if they want a 3rd QB to work on.
[Reply]
O.city 02:39 PM 06-07-2017
I'd imagine they'll have another decent roster purge after this season
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:04 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd imagine they'll have another decent roster purge after this season
DJ
Hali
Reid
Smith
Harris

Possibly even Parker and Bailey. Those all depend on how the young guys do.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:16 PM 06-07-2017
So they cut Chesson after 1 season?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:53 PM 06-07-2017
Possibly even Parker and Bailey. Those all depend on how the young guys do.
I could see them cutting Bailey, especially if they choose another DE in the 2018 draft but Parker brings so much value that's likely irreplaceable, since he can drop down to corner and has so much speed.

Murry or McQuay would really need to step it up big time in order to cut Parker but with so much cap space after cutting the likely suspects, I don't think it'll be necessary, unless he falls off a cliff (which I don't expect).
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:59 PM 06-07-2017
If you cut the following players....it puts our cap space next year at $36.5 million.

Alex Smith
Derrick Johnson
Tamba Hali
Jah Reid
Demetrius Harris

Our only major FAs to re-sign are Bennie Logan (if we want to) and Santos. We could use some of that money for Terrance Mitchell...but they technically could just high tender him as a RFA and then give him a contract next year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:04 PM 06-07-2017
If you cut the following players....it puts our cap space next year at $36.5 million.

Alex Smith
Derrick Johnson
Tamba Hali
Jah Reid
Demetrius Harris

Our only major FAs to re-sign are Bennie Logan (if we want to) and Santos. We could use some of that money for Terrance Mitchell...but they technically could just high tender him as a RFA and then give him a contract next year.
Yeah, I think they'll prefer to get Morse, Ford and Peters extended before Mitchell.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:05 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I could see them cutting Bailey, especially if they choose another DE in the 2018 draft but Parker brings so much value that's likely irreplaceable, since he can drop down to corner and has so much speed.

Murry or McQuay would really need to step it up big time in order to cut Parker but with so much cap space after cutting the likely suspects, I don't think it'll be necessary, unless he falls off a cliff (which I don't expect).
He'll be 31 with a $7 million cap hit next season.

He's got potential cut all over him, IMO. He'll need to play his ass off this year to keep his job ahead of Murray, IMO. I think they want to get him on the field.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:26 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
So they cut Chesson after 1 season?
Oopsie
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:51 AM 06-09-2017
I also believe I neglected that we have an additional 7th rounder from trading Marcus Cooper.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:35 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I also believe I neglected that we have an additional 7th rounder from trading Marcus Cooper.
I thought trades could not net a comp pick????
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:57 PM 06-09-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I thought trades could not net a comp pick????
We traded him for the 7th.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up