ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Did the Chiefs Want Trubisky?
Chiefnj2 06:44 AM 05-03-2017
I know the immediate reaction will be "No, it was Mahomes all they way", but a few post draft interviews leave me wondering if Trubisky was the #1 QB on their board. First, in the MMQB 49ers draft article Shanahan was quoted as saying KC was offering a lot to the Titans to move up to #5. The 49ers couldn't fathom who KC was trading up for.

The Titans GM was on Sirius radio doing a post draft interview and he talked about how a couple of teams had reached out to them to trade up to #5, but that all the calls went dead after the Bears chose Trubisky at #2 and came off the board.

So, is there a chance KC wanted to move to #5 for Mitch?
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:50 AM 05-03-2017
Doubt we will ever really know.

It makes the most sense for KC to now claim Mahomes was their guy all along. They obviously still liked him enough to select him at #10, so.. guess it doesn't really matter if he was first choice.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:19 AM 05-03-2017
Thank God they didn't. A 1st, 2nd, 4th and another 1st would have been too much to give up for Trubisky.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:28 AM 05-03-2017
I think that's BS from the Bears trying to make their pick look better.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:32 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think that's BS from the Bears trying to make their pick look better.
It wasn't Bears. Info came from Titans and 49ers.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:34 AM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It wasn't Bears. Info came from Titans and 49ers.
In the 49ers report, I assumed the Chiefs wanted Pat at #5 because of the Jets and Chargers. They got lucky neither of them went for a QB.

As far as the Titans GM goes, who knows what to think of that. They reached on Corey Davis and maybe he doesn't want to admit they turned down trade offers that were still on the table. Or maybe he's telling the truth and Reid/Dorsey are lying about Mahomes' performance relative to the other QB's in the interview process.

Trubisky is an interesting prospect. Some say he's a safer pick than Mahomes, but I think his bust potential is just as bad and possibly worse than Mahomes. Trubisky seems like a nice kid who is in over his head based on interviews I've seen, the Gruden show where he tried to bullshit his way through a hard count and Gruden nailed him for it, etc. I think his ceiling is game manager. I could also see him turning into a mega bust. Obviously Mahomes has mega bust potential too given the flaws in his game, but he also has superstar potential on the high end.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:41 AM 05-03-2017
No fucking way. It's pretty obvious Mahomes was their guy. Dorsey said he was working on mutlotple trade spots.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:51 AM 05-03-2017
Mahomes was the best prospect in the draft (last year's too). Don't see where the hard on for Trubisky came from. Dude looks like a future JAG
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:25 PM 05-03-2017
I liked Trubisky a lot, but I'd rather have Mahomes at 10 than Trubisky at 5.

Then again, Dorsey seemed to be fine with pissing away picks on shit like trading up for Chesson, so maybe the extra draft stock didn't matter in the end.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:29 PM 05-03-2017
The Chesson move was terrible
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:39 PM 05-03-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No ****ing way. It's pretty obvious Mahomes was their guy. Dorsey said he was working on mutlotple trade spots.
This. Dorsey had stated that he had been working on multiple trade deals into the top 10. He decided that #10 was the right spot, gambled and won.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:23 PM 05-03-2017
Pretty sure there was some sort of deal worked out with the Bills a couple of days before the draft that if Mahomes was there at 10 the trade was happening. Doubt they still wanted to move after that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:06 PM 05-03-2017
I wondered the same when I read that too. Alot of times were high on him. I dont get the hate the Bears got.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:21 AM 05-04-2017
Never read anything predraft about the Chiefs even sniffing Trubisky. But there was an awful lot of reports about Mahommes being coveted.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 06:20 AM 05-05-2017
I actually really like Trubisky but I doubt there was any real effort underway to trade up, and I don't think he was worth mortgaging the future for. That said, it pains me to see another year wasted with Smith ..
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up