ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 130
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:33 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dammit every time this thread gets posted in I open it hoping someone has been fired.
Or traded
[Reply]
Frazod 01:45 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Or traded
or dismembered in a combine accident :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 03:19 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So Montero got SUPER ****y last night.

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-cu...eras-nationals

And got his ass designated for assignment today.

Good for the Cubs. When your backup catcher is calling out the entire pitching staff in public (including guys that aren't even on the team anymore), he gotta go.

The friggen catcher is saying this. Unreal. What a dick.
It's about ****ing time. It's sad that Montero had to take matters into his own hands to finally get released. The guy has been an absolute waste of a 40 man spot, let alone a 25 man spot, ever since he was traded for. He's actually embarrassing defensively. He's thrown out just 8 base runners in his last 2 seasons and couldn't even throw out Yadier Molina earlier this year and I'm convinced he avoids calling for breaking balls because if it's in the dirt it's inevitably going to find it's way to the backstop.

If the Cubs can get a pack of Big League Chew for his in a trade it will be amazing, but having him the **** off the team is addition by subtraction.

If the Cubs ate most if not all of his remaining salary a deal will be done with someone for a lottery ticket type prospect. There are teams out there that need a body behind the plate like the Rays who just released Norris.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:52 PM 06-28-2017
Since 1919 name the 2 players with 10+ wins and 50+ HR
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:20 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Since 1919 name the 2 players with 10+ wins and 50+ HR

Bob Gibson

Jimmy Kaat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:48 PM 06-28-2017
Babe Ruth and Rick Ankiel.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:28 PM 06-28-2017
Ankiel hit 36 homers in around a 162 game stretch over two seasons. Pretty crazy.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:29 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Yes
[Reply]
Swanman 07:17 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Babe also held the record for consecutive scoreless innings pitched in the World Series at 29 2/3 until Whitey Ford broke it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 06-29-2017
Anybody watch that last inning with Rosenthal?

Jesus, what a circus that was. 2 BBs, 2 WPs, a basehit and the winning run stranded on 1st with the tying run on 3rd. It was a trainwreck. Rosenthal kept slipping on the mound and the coaching staff/Molina make 3 visits trying to get him to fix the mound and he kept refusing to do so.

His reason after the game? He didn't want to help and "I wanted to keep groovin'"... Oh...that's what that was?

This team even makes wins piss me off.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:42 AM 06-29-2017
Yeah, it was a shit sandwich
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:13 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Yeah, it was a shit sandwich
The entire season in a nutshell
[Reply]
rico 03:06 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'll always wonder if Ankiel's mental meltdown was inevitable, or just flared because of a perfect storm of playoff pressure and not having Mattheny there to be his security blanket due to his hunting knife incident. At the least it probably wouldn't have happened when it did, and we'd have gotten a little more use out of him.

Nice to know Mattheny's idiocy is still ****ing us up all these years later. :-)
There is an HBO Real Sports documentary about Ankiel. He said he got the "yips." Tons of insight in that documentary about the Ankiel situation. I didn't realize he actually had a rough upbringing. I'm going to have to re-watch that one. I'll never forget when that happened. It was so difficult to make sense of...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:15 PM 06-29-2017
Our 7-8-9 today is Mejia (who couldn't even hit in the minors), Fryer (who shouldn't be in any lineup that Mejia is in) and Lynn (who is the worst hitting pitcher we have).

Predictably with the bases loaded and nobody out they go soft fly, K, K to strand nine. Through 5 innings they're 0-6 with 4 strikeouts and 10 left stranded. Yeah...could've never seen that one coming.

This team just gets dumber every day.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:42 PM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
There is an HBO Real Sports documentary about Ankiel. He said he got the "yips." Tons of insight in that documentary about the Ankiel situation. I didn't realize he actually had a rough upbringing. I'm going to have to re-watch that one. I'll never forget when that happened. It was so difficult to make sense of...
It would make a great sequel to Bull Durham - Nuke ends up as a roided-up outfielder who can still throw a strike from the warning track but not the pitcher's mound. And Crash ends up managing the big league team into oblivion. And Annie leaves both of them for Joe Maddon.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 130
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up