ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 130
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread
BigRedChief 08:06 PM 01-27-2017
My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
[Reply]
Marco Polo 12:07 PM 02-10-2017
I FINALLY got around to watching Money Ball last night. I wonder when the Cards starting making that approach...
[Reply]
bdj23 08:40 PM 02-10-2017
Vegas has us tabbed at 87.5 wins and tying for the second wild card with San Francisco.

Stake your claim. Over or under.

I'm going 89 wins.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 PM 02-10-2017
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Vegas has us tabbed at 87.5 wins and tying for the second wild card with San Francisco.

Stake your claim. Over or under.

I'm going 89 wins.
Under.

[Reply]
Hootie 05:35 AM 02-11-2017
Cards are in trouble ...

as a hater of everything successful sports related - I want to see how the 'best fans in baseball' handle a 5-10 year stretch (which is coming) of futility (by Cards standards) that is inevitably coming ...

will you still fill the stands? Will attendance still be right around the tops in the bigs?

...or, if the Cards actually suck for 4-5 years in a row ... will the following dwindle?

Basically, in my adult life, the Cardinals have always been good and have always competed. I want to see them be terrible for a few years and I want to see what happens. Would love to see that fan base eat some crow after all of these years.

...really, really easy to cheer for a winner. Let's see how you guys handle a loser.
[Reply]
Hootie 05:36 AM 02-11-2017
...if you support a loser, I'll change my mind about you guys and give you the respect you deserve.

...but if attendance falls off the cliffs as the Cubs own that division for the time being ... I will bask in the fact you were all frauds and I knew it as such the whole time
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:10 AM 02-11-2017
Hootie, it definitely is a front running fan base..in a year they struggled, Fans left games early in droves in one run games ALL the time if Big Mac had his last at bat of the night. They still draw, but the fan base is as fickle as anyone else. Won't be Royal suck level bad however.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:14 AM 02-11-2017
...well, you'd have to give me 25+ years of straight sucktitude for me to be able to compare that

ALL of my friends are Cardinals (and Packers !!!!) fans ...

I need to see the Cardinals suck for 3 straight years to see what kind of fans the BFIP really are ...

My thoughts? The same as any other baseball fan. If your team sucks, you aren't gonna waste time showing up. My mom's boss has 2 sets of seasons tickets to Cards games and the last 5 games last year you couldn't even give those things away and they are really good tickets.

Easy to be great fans when you always win. Want to see what happens when the Cubs own the division for 5 years.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:14 AM 02-11-2017
...well, you'd have to give me 25+ years of straight sucktitude for me to be able to compare that

ALL of my friends are Cardinals (and Packers !!!!) fans ...

I need to see the Cardinals suck for 3 straight years to see what kind of fans the BFIP really are ...

My thoughts? The same as any other baseball fan. If your team sucks, you aren't gonna waste time showing up. My mom's boss has 2 sets of seasons tickets to Cards games and the last 5 games last year you couldn't even give those things away and they are really good tickets.

Easy to be great fans when you always win. Want to see what happens when the Cubs own the division for 5 years.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:15 AM 02-11-2017
THAT said ... new Busch is the best stadium in baseball - will give you that
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:17 AM 02-11-2017
We aren't the BFIB, those are the Cubs. I can admit that.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:19 AM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
We aren't the BFIB, those are the Cubs. I can admit that.
ok - that's a joke

again - all of my friends are Cards/Pack fans and all they've ever seen is winning .... Cards (obvi) and from Favre to Rodgers

will be nice to see the Cards get roughed up a bit and can't wait to see how these smug assholes I have on my FB feed react to 5 years of 2nd fiddle
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:22 AM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Romosexual:
ok - that's a joke

again - all of my friends are Cards/Pack fans and all they've ever seen is winning .... Cards (obvi) and from Favre to Rodgers

will be nice to see the Cards get roughed up a bit and can't wait to see how these smug assholes I have on my FB feed react to 5 years of 2nd fiddle
I'm ready for it too actually. Most of the fan base are insufferable pricks that need knocked down a peg.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:24 AM 02-11-2017
God damn it. Hootie is back?

Thread is ruined.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:26 AM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Under.

I say that as a homer who magically thinks Waino and Leake won't be as bad this year as they were last year.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:37 AM 02-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Hootie, it definitely is a front running fan base..in a year they struggled, Fans left games early in droves in one run games ALL the time if Big Mac had his last at bat of the night. They still draw, but the fan base is as fickle as anyone else. Won't be Royal suck level bad however.
IIRC the Cardinals have had one season in my lifetime that they have drawn under the NL average in attendance.

[Reply]
Page 4 of 130
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up