ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 68
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:38 PM 06-25-2017
Originally Posted by :
Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen is my top quarterback for the 2018 class, and one scout I spoke to said he could be the highest-ranked quarterback he's ever evaluated. Teams are in love with Allen's size, arm strength, athleticism and upside as a passer.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-rb-in-the-nfl
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:15 PM 06-27-2017
First Look: Scouting Washington State QB Luke Falk
Spoiler!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-qb-luke-falk
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:17 PM 07-01-2017
A lot of the top college QB's were at the Manning Passing Academy a week or so ago, and apparently Josh Allen was wowing everyone.

DJ and Rhett Lewis were talking about Allen and some other QB's in the most recent MTS Podcast...

http://www.nfl.com/podcasts?id=d1211...9&sf94564899=1
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:44 AM 07-05-2017
If Tebow operated out of a pro system in college, would he still be in the NFL?

Probably not. Why? Accuracy. Tebow couldn't fucking hit a bull's ass with a bass fiddle.

Josh Allen has a lot to prove in that department. He doesn't have to be Drew Brees-accurate, but he's got to demonstrate better control on his throws or else he's going to wash out just like all the other inaccurate QBs who possessed all that size, talent, and experience, but struggled with precision.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:50 PM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Probably not. Why? Accuracy. Tebow couldn't fucking hit a bull's ass with a bass fiddle.

Josh Allen has a lot to prove in that department. He doesn't have to be Drew Brees-accurate, but he's got to demonstrate better control on his throws or else he's going to wash out just like all the other inaccurate QBs who possessed all that size, talent, and experience, but struggled with precision.
:-)

These are the SNR-ism's that make the world go round.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:12 AM 07-06-2017
First Look: Scouting Louisville QB Lamar Jackson

Spoiler!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-lamar-jackson
[Reply]
RunKC 09:12 AM 07-12-2017
Darnold saying teams shouldn't tank for him bc he might not come out.

http://ble.ac/2uR9ZfA

Glad we got Mahomes bc Clay's stupid ass plan was clearly stupid.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:18 AM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Probably not. Why? Accuracy.
Exactly. Accuracy isn't teachable or coachable.

It's why a guy like Jake Locker failed and why Josh Allen isn't a sure thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:20 PM 07-14-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-rb-in-the-nfl
He could also end up with a 2nd round grade.

I LOVED Allen. Loved the build, the arm talent, the gambler's instinct. I started a thread about him in the draft forum when there was talk of him coming out and said I'd probably use a 1st on him if he did.

Allen's going to be exciting as hell.

But apart from having a slightly better build (love the height advantage), what sets him apart from Mahomes?

They're remarkably similar players with Allen having the added concerns of competition level. The major distinction I see is that both guys rarely show their 'good' mechanics but when they do, Allens are closer to ready than Mahomes are. Mahomes does so many things wrong with his lower half that it's going to take a long time to change them. Allen's problem isn't that he can't do those things right - it's that he rarely does.

Mahomes might need to be re-taught whereas Allen needs to have them re-emphasized, if that makes any sense.

If Allen would've come out early, I'd have taken him over Mahomes. But he didn't and if it turns out he's the top 5 prospect that many think he can make himself, well the Chiefs were extremely unlikely to get him anyway. So in the end, why should I still lose sleep over Josh Allen?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:44 PM 07-15-2017
I'd still favor Mahomes over Allen, if you've got a coach like Andy.

Pat has that unique arm talent.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:46 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I'd still favor Mahomes over Allen, if you've got a coach like Andy.

Pat has that unique arm talent.
The defining theme of Mahomes' career is how he overcomes Reid's game clock mismanagement.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:15 PM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The defining theme of Mahomes' career is how he overcomes Reid's game clock mismanagement.
To be fair, clock manangement doesn't have to be so tight, when you QB isn't limited to <8 yard passes
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:51 PM 07-16-2017
I said it before the draft and still believe, people are going to be a tad underwhelmed by the end of January, with this upcoming class.

I wouldn't bet on Darnold giving up multiple years of remaining eligibility, at a place like LA where he is now famous, to play for a shit franchise. He's going to stay for at least one more year.

Josh Allen has a nice mix of arm and athleticism and yeah he plays in a pro-style Offense, but his play is allover the fucking place and I want to see him do something meaningful against a real team. He needs a strong year if he wants to cement himself as the top QB.

Rosen needs to show a lot this year.

Lamar Jackson does intrigue me, and I think he'll declare if Darnold stays.
[Reply]
milkman 08:32 AM 07-19-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
To be fair, clock manangement doesn't have to be so tight, when you QB isn't limited to <8 yard passes
Piss poor clock management is not a Smith related problem for Reid.
[Reply]
Iczer 12:24 PM 07-24-2017
Same shit different year. Like others have said, lets wait for the season to end and see how things really go.

Remember seeing Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson fighting it out for top picks? Oh and Tyler Bray another potential 1st rounder.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 68
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up