John Wick: Chapter 2 Official Sneak Peak

Release dates
February 10, 2017

Originally Posted by Bowser:

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:37 PM 02-16-2017

[Reply]
-King- 11:43 PM 02-19-2017
It was a good movie, I liked the original better though. This one I felt was a bit too long.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 02-20-2017
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Extremely enjoyable, and some of the most unique and graphic kills I've ever seen in a movie (those who've seen it will know the scene I speak of).

Although a similar trope to the first film, it's a much different universe, so they feel a lot different.

The first film was a low-budget noir action film that was extremely efficient. They described a single criminal organization and a small subculture surrounding it. Chapter 2 is significantly more ambitious, and because of that it feels like a much different movie--it's similar to how the Fast and Furious films changed after FF4. It feels a little retconn-y at times.

I liked the first movie more, but that is also probably due to how much it surprised me and the performances by actors like Nyquist (Vigo), and Marcus (Defoe).

Regardless, I'd still highly recommend this to anyone who liked the first, or likes films that make heavy use of Gun-Fu (Equilibrium, Hard Boiled, etc.).
That's exactly where I fall. Nyquist was just so good in the first one. This movie would've been like having Josef as the heavy in the first one.

The movie lacked a truly imposing badass opposite of Keanu. Some great moments and a very good movie on balance, but I liked the first one more because the foil was much more compelling. The action scenes stood up to or even surpassed the first ones, but they got a little long and repetitive at times and did so at the expense of the story.

In the end, having a cut-rate Marton Csokas as the bad guy just didn't do the film justice. It was similar to watching The Hateful Eight where the whole time I'm watching Tim Roth thinking "okay, this role was pretty obviously intended for Christoph Waltz and all I can see right now is Roth doing a Walz impression." This whole movie felt like Santino doing an impression of Quinn from Into the Badlands.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:43 PM 02-20-2017
Finally saw it this afternoon. What an enjoyable flick. Stylish, slick, bloody and silly.

Apparently there are only two kinds of people in the world - mindless computer game avatars who notice absolutely nothing going on around them, and underworld assassins with old crappy cellphones. :-)
[Reply]
Hawk 06:47 PM 02-20-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Ha, I should never have started watching that, just killed 40 minutes I didn't have!

Really interesting though, thanks for posting. Man it would be great if they really did the "impossible task" prequel, but I'd take a John Wick 3 as well.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:19 AM 02-22-2017
I liked them both just as much. Typical guy action flick...Hollywood needs more of these.

I will say this. I think it's kind of silly that he literally shoots everyone in the head. lmao

Wonder who wins in a battle of who kills who first....Jason Bourne or John Wick?
[Reply]
Hawk 10:08 AM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I liked them both just as much. Typical guy action flick...Hollywood needs more of these.

I will say this. I think it's kind of silly that he literally shoots everyone in the head. lmao

Wonder who wins in a battle of who kills who first....Jason Bourne or John Wick?
Don't know on that one, but in the battle of better movie fight scenes, John Wick obliterates Bourne. I'm not a fan of the up close, shaky camera, overly cut up fight scenes they do in Bourne movies. The John Wick scenes are way better, and that video of the interview with the John Wick directors spells that out pretty well.
[Reply]
RobBlake 10:10 AM 02-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Don't know on that one, but in the battle of better movie fight scenes, John Wick obliterates Bourne. I'm not a fan of the up close, shaky camera, overly cut up fight scenes they do in Bourne movies. The John Wick scenes are way better, and that video of the interview with the John Wick directors spells that out pretty well.
Figuratively speaking. Jason would win that fight. Transporter Jason is a formidable guy too who was ex sas
[Reply]
kepp 04:13 PM 02-22-2017
I saw it last weekend. I liked it, but thought the first one was better. It seemed like their formula for this one was just doing the same stuff as the first movie but more of it.
[Reply]
alanm 03:58 AM 03-05-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
I saw it last weekend. I liked it, but thought the first one was better. It seemed like their formula for this one was just doing the same stuff as the first movie but more of it.
Finally saw this today. The thing is you had some emotional involvement in the first film. As in his wife just died. He got carjacked and then his dog was killed. This film not so much. I liked this movie just as well. But the emotional involvement just wasn't there. If that makes sense. :-) The deaf chick was hot though.:-):-):-) Can't wait for the 3rd film. Wick is on his own now after violating the rules. How pissed could he have been to have killed the guy in the bar in front of Winston? Bad move.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:01 AM 03-05-2017
Originally Posted by alanm:
Finally saw this today. The thing is you had some emotional involvement in the first film. As in his wife just died. He got carjacked and then his dog was killed. This film not so much. I liked this movie just as well. But the emotional involvement just wasn't there. If that makes sense. :-) The deaf chick was hot though.:-):-):-) Can't wait for the 3rd film. Wick is on his own now after violating the rules. How pissed could he have been to have killed the guy in the bar in front of Winston? Bad move.
I liked it, too. There was some blood shed....
[Reply]
alanm 04:25 AM 03-05-2017
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I liked it, too. There was some blood shed....
Just a little. But tastefully done. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 11:50 AM 03-05-2017
Haven't caught this yet. I believe I'll go check it out today. In the mood for a good popcorn flick at the theater.
[Reply]
Fish 10:37 PM 05-30-2017
Man.... the choreography in this movie is really incredible. There's a scene where he's holding a guy down with the barrel of his shotgun out of harm's way, while he reloads it, to shoot him after downing several others in the meantime. So much fun, both of the Wick movies. This one wasn't quite as good, but still awesome.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:12 PM 05-31-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man.... the choreography in this movie is really incredible. There's a scene where he's holding a guy down with the barrel of his shotgun out of harm's way, while he reloads it, to shoot him after downing several others in the meantime. So much fun, both of the Wick movies. This one wasn't quite as good, but still awesome.
Much of JW2 seemed too mechanical compared to the first one. Still a good flick, but not on the same level as the original.

I'll still be watching if they do JW3.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up