ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman (2017)
Munson 04:13 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:39 PM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ben Affleck is OUT as Batman stand alone director.

Shit's falling apart...
Yikes. Is he still going to play the role?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:45 PM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Who cares? IMO he's too old anyway. If you're going to reboot it for the umpteenth time, might as well go with somebody younger.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:49 PM 01-30-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Who cares? IMO he's too old anyway. If you're going to reboot it for the umpteenth time, might as well go with somebody younger.
Well... if you think he is to old for the role then you, perhaps, care as to whether or not he will play Bats again. :-)

Agreed though, he should never have been cast to begin with unless it is the plan to kill him off and have him hand off the cowl to Damian Wayne and just get away from the Bruce storyline for a bit.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:00 AM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Well... if you think he is to old for the role then you, perhaps, care as to whether or not he will play Bats again. :-)

Agreed though, he should never have been cast to begin with unless it is the plan to kill him off and have him hand off the cowl to Damian Wayne and just get away from the Bruce storyline for a bit.
I just hope whoever they get it will be a good movie. Although I must admit I'm starting to OD a bit on the whole endless superhero movie parade.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:46 AM 01-31-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They are using Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns archetype for Affleck's Batman interpretation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:02 AM 01-31-2017
I can only assume the answer is yes, because the Justice League is well into productions and almost ready for post.

That said, I think the true loss is Affleck the director, who's been very good for the better part of this decade.

I liked him as Batman, especially against Cavill's passive Supes, but I think the DCU is better served with him as a director as opposed to an actor.

But that bridge has already been crossed and it's too late for an entire DCU reboot (which should have happened after MoS).
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:20 AM 01-31-2017
I can only assume the answer is yes, because the Justice League is well into productions and almost ready for post.

That said, I think the true loss is Affleck the director, who's been very good for the better part of this decade.

I liked him as Batman, especially against Cavill's passive Supes, but I think the DCU is better served with him as a director as opposed to an actor.

But that bridge has already been crossed and it's too late for an entire DCU reboot (which should have happened after MoS).
Understood.

If I were Afleck I'd push to postpone the solo film and encourage them to kill Bateman off somehow to divorce myself from the D.C.U.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 PM 02-01-2017
So a few gossip sites I've read are speculating that Affleck backed out because he's having problems with alcohol. That and 'live by night' tanked and he's fearing back to back stinkers
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:34 AM 02-02-2017
Affleck is great as this Batman. Rumors are that Matt Reeves is on a list to take over or possibly David Fincher. I'd be real happy with either. I think Affleck is burned out a bit...Can't direct, act and screenwrite a huge movie as the Batman will be. He will still be Batman...No way he bails.

I have faith in Geoff Johns who was involved with Wonder Woman and is over seeing things with the dceu now.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:02 PM 02-02-2017
I heard yesterday from a decent source that Affleck is considering dropping out altogether - no further screenplay work, no directing, no acting on The Batman.

I think it's probably overreaction because his latest film lost $95 million dollars and he's stressed out over that and the whole Batman fiasco but as of this week, it's a possibility he bails.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:05 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So a few gossip sites I've read are speculating that Affleck backed out because he's having problems with alcohol. That and 'live by night' tanked and he's fearing back to back stinkers
I've heard no mention of alcohol but the guy has had an incredibly busy schedule for the past few years, which led to the separation from his wife, and he's burned out.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 02-02-2017
I heard yesterday from a decent source that Affleck is considering dropping out altogether - no further screenplay work, no directing, no acting on The Batman.

I think it's probably overreaction because his latest film lost $95 million dollars and he's stressed out over that and the whole Batman fiasco but as of this week, it's a possibility he bails.
Please let that be true. Not a fan of his Batman at all.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:21 PM 02-02-2017
I heard Seth Rogen is going to take over the part of Batman.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:17 AM 02-05-2017
Matt Reeves just followed Geoff Johns of DC. Really hoping this means he's directing the Batman.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:12 PM 02-05-2017
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I heard Seth Rogen is going to take over the part of Batman.

[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up