ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 268
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Bowser 09:10 AM 04-23-2016

[Reply]
fairladyZ 10:09 AM 04-23-2016
the reincarnation and child of the force thing sounds to matrix to me. hope that isn't the route they take.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:26 AM 04-23-2016
Even the Reddit member that posted this "leak" thought it was fake.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:31 AM 04-23-2016
I would hope the half-Anakin/half-Vader ghost thing is bullshit too. Lame.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:35 AM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
I would hope the half-Anakin/half-Vader ghost thing is bullshit too. Lame.
There are a couple of websites that got every single bit of Episode VII info correct (and they're doing it with Rogue One, too).

None of the info on those sites regarding Episode VIII match the Reddit post.

Nothing at all.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:37 AM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There are a couple of websites that got every single bit of Episode VII info correct (and they're doing it with Rogue One, too).

None of the info on those sites regarding Episode VIII match the Reddit post.

Nothing at all.
Good. Per canon, Anakin was restored to the light. Trying to make him a Vader-ghost would contradict that.

And would be lame.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:05 PM 04-26-2016
Last night, my daughter asked if we could re-watch the entire Clone Wars series on Netflix. I was more than happy to oblige, especially since when we first watched it, my internet speed was about 5 mbps, which meant we saw several episodes with terrible quality along with stops and starts.

Okay, the reason for this post: In Episode 1, Season 1, the droids and the king of Toydaria continually referred to Assage Ventress as Supreme Leader.

[Reply]
listopencil 12:21 PM 04-26-2016
Last night, my daughter asked if we could re-watch the entire Clone Wars series on Netflix. I was more than happy to oblige, especially since when we first watched it, my internet speed was about 5 mbps, which meant we saw several episodes with terrible quality along with stops and starts.

Okay, the reason for this post: In Episode 1, Season 1, the droids and the king of Toydaria continually referred to Assage Ventress as Supreme Leader.

So Snoke is Rey's mom.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
So Snoke is Rey's mom.
:-)

I was just throwing it out there because I found it interesting.

I doubt that Ventress is Snoke but she does look similar and is very tall.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:24 PM 04-26-2016

[Reply]
listopencil 04:06 PM 04-26-2016

Hmm. Rey has her staff, the blaster that Han gave her, and the light saber. Suppose in her training with Luke she creates a double bladed quarterstaff saber. Kind of like Darth Maul's, but it can also be separated into two one handed sabers. So she could spin it around with her left hand as a defensive maneuver while shooting the blaster right handed. Or she could use two one handed blades simultaneously. Do you know anyone in the Star Wars universe who had a saber like that. Hmm? Anyone? Bum bum bum...Asajj Ventress!

OK, I'll admit it, I haven't even actually watched the Clone Wars series yet.
[Reply]
Fish 04:29 PM 04-26-2016
The appearance is close. But everything about Snoke feels masculine though....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:52 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
The appearance is close. But everything about Snoke feels masculine though....
I completely agree. It's just something that I thought was interesting. Had we not gone back to watch the entire series again, I would have never remembered that phrase being used for her.

On a side note, I've always thought she was an awesome character, so it would be cool to see her on film someday.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:55 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
OK, I'll admit it, I haven't even actually watched the Clone Wars series yet.
It's phenomenal. I mean, absolutely phenomenal.

The second half of Rebels season two approached the quality of the TCW series (especially the final two episodes) but there's so much detail in the TCW series that I can't imagine watching the new films and series without seeing all of it.

Also, it's a completely different spin on Anakin. He's a general and a very strong leader. He'll often ignore the advice of the Jedi Council but still achieves the goals they've set for him.

It makes the character so much richer, deeper and better than what we saw in II and III.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:04 PM 04-26-2016
It's phenomenal. I mean, absolutely phenomenal.

The second half of Rebels season two approached the quality of the TCW series (especially the final two episodes) but there's so much detail in the TCW series that I can't imagine watching the new films and series without seeing all of it.

Also, it's a completely different spin on Anakin. He's a general and a very strong leader. He'll often ignore the advice of the Jedi Council but still achieves the goals they've set for him.

It makes the character so much richer, deeper and better than what we saw in II and III.
I might give it a shot. The character of Anakin in the prequels is a big part of what I didn't like about them. Maybe if I watch the series I can get into them.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 268
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up