ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 37
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Media Center>Kodi Add Ons?
laser1972 10:26 AM 01-06-2016
I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:31 AM 06-19-2017
Damn it appears alot of addon's are being shut down. No wonder things have sucked recently.

[Reply]
bevischief 12:43 PM 06-19-2017
I am getting serious some what pissed off.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:19 PM 06-19-2017
The unreliability of it all is what always kept me away from a KODI set up.

I'd a thousand times over rather pay for a VPN service and simply download from torrents to get whatever content I want to watch.
[Reply]
Shaid 12:16 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
The unreliability of it all is what always kept me away from a KODI set up.

I'd a thousand times over rather pay for a VPN service and simply download from torrents to get whatever content I want to watch.
I did that for years but this is so much more convenient and you can practically instantly watch a show instead of waiting on the download then adding it to the correct location, making sure the naming structure is correct, etc. if your using a setup like Plex. I haven't used a torrent in a very long time. It would be a big step back to have to go back to that.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:34 AM 06-21-2017
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I did that for years but this is so much more convenient and you can practically instantly watch a show instead of waiting on the download then adding it to the correct location, making sure the naming structure is correct, etc. if your using a setup like Plex. I haven't used a torrent in a very long time. It would be a big step back to have to go back to that.
I'm not a fan or torrents either. Kodi was so much better. Damn shame it is getting shut down.

Any alternatives out there?
[Reply]
Fish 05:57 AM 06-21-2017
It's not getting shut down. Be patient.
[Reply]
wutamess 12:34 PM 06-21-2017
I've reset my box and everything and can't find ANYTHING. the links in the OP aren't working. I thought I was missing something. I no longer have the Movies option when I go to KODI. Just pictures, videos, music, programs and settings.

Am I missing somethin? I don't have Exodus at all.
[Reply]
RustShack 01:34 PM 06-27-2017
I downloaded specto fork and shows are buffering like crazy.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:15 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Damn it appears alot of addon's are being shut down. No wonder things have sucked recently.

• Fusion (central repository) – Offline – After the Dish Network news broke, fusion went offline. Maintenance is currently being performed on it and we expect it to be fully back up later this week. Most of the addons and repos below were in Fusion, so we should have a clearer picture of all Kodi addons taken offline when it comes back online.
  • Blazetamer (Velocity) – Offline
  • Bubbles addon – Offline
  • DandyMedia (DandyMedia, 1080p Addons, Film Emporium, HEVC, etc) – Online
  • Echo (Documentaries, Sportie, Echo Guide, etc) – Offline
  • Evolve – Offline forever – Per Goliath’s Twitter: “So as of today i decided to pull Evolve and Reaper. This is to make way for a new addon that will be in goliath repo, will keep u updated”
  • Exodus – Intermittent – Exodus is in the fusion central repository, so its status is tied to the status of Fusion above
  • Made in Canada – Online
  • Metalkettle (Decado Documentaries, Sports Mix, TV Mix, Happy Movies, Gobble, etc) – Online – New repository. Click here to install.
  • Motor Replays addon – Online
  • Mucky Duck (M4U, FMovies, 123Movies, etc) – Online
  • Natko (Castaway) – Offline
  • NoobsAndNerds (Bob, Elysium) – Semi-Online. The NaN server is down for maintenance, but you can install addons from their repo via a temporary link by clicking here.
  • One242415 – Offline forever – The addon is official being shut down forever. Straight from One242415 in his addon: I am removing my addon for good. It was a hell of a ride for me. First starting off with Navi-X, then with Mashup, then with Phoenix, and for two months with my own add-on. Thank you all for supporting One242415!! PS: I will not be back I’m closing down for good! This addon will be closed within a few days
  • Planet MMA addon – Online
  • PodGod Repo (cCloud, Pro Sport) – Offline
  • Shani (Zem TV) – Offline
  • Sportsdevil – Offline. Future uncertain.
  • K3l3vra (SALTs, 1Channel) – Offline – You can install the repo, however addons will not install due to missing dependencies to the offshoregit server.
  • Xbmchub (USTVNow, Velvet Hotdog, Phoenix) – Offline – Xbmchub is still in the fusion central repository, so its status is tied to the status of Fusion above.
    • Phoenix – Offline forever – The addon is being shut down forever. From Cosmix: In light of current events we have decided to close down phoenix. This is not something that was easy for us to do; we have all formed a bond that cannot be broken as a team and have a HUGE support base that we are thankful of. I can speak for myself when i say thank you to everybody that has ever been involved in phoenix and it will always be one of my fondest memories.
  • UK Turk – Online – New repository. Click here to install
  • Ultimate (Ultimate IPTV) – Offline
  • Vortex – Online – New repository. Click here to install.
  • XunityTalk (Easynews, iStream, Football Replays) – Offline – Status unknown.
Only one on that list Im concerned with is Exodus and SportsDevil. Once Exodus is gone I'll be sad
[Reply]
Fish 09:34 PM 06-27-2017
It's not really the Exodus addon that you need to be concerned with. Or any particular addon for that matter. What's more vitally important is the URLResolver component/dependency. That's essentially what each of the other individual addons use to resolve potential links from all the various sources. The addons themselves basically just organize internet links to specific movies from many dozens of online content providers. When the addon grab the links, they all use the built-in KODI component called URLResolver to successfully access all those content providers by resolving the URLs into something KODI can play as a single video file. Many times, the movie you're playing is actually a bunch of .RAR files on a remote server somewhere. The URLResolver takes the internet addresses of that collection of .RAR files, and converts it into what seems like a single continuous video file that KODI can play and buffer as much as necessary. It's actually very impressive on the back end if you see what all it does.

Basically, the addons depend on URLResolver to be updated more than the addons needing to be individually updated themselves. That has traditionally been a behind the scenes job. But at this point going forward, who knows. So far, Exodus has continued to function just fine, outside of the "People Watching" listing. That's because that listing depended on a source completely external of the actual media, but still missing because of the tvaddons exit. Some of the individual lists in the addons were externally maintained, and have since disappeared. But the actual media content is still there and the method to add more is still present and working. If that makes sense...
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:46 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
It's not really the Exodus addon that you need to be concerned with. Or any particular addon for that matter. What's more vitally important is the URLResolver component/dependency. That's essentially what each of the other individual addons use to resolve potential links from all the various sources. The addons themselves basically just organize internet links to specific movies from many dozens of online content providers. When the addon grab the links, they all use the built-in KODI component called URLResolver to successfully access all those content providers by resolving the URLs into something KODI can play as a single video file. Many times, the movie you're playing is actually a bunch of .RAR files on a remote server somewhere. The URLResolver takes the internet addresses of that collection of .RAR files, and converts it into what seems like a single continuous video file that KODI can play and buffer as much as necessary. It's actually very impressive on the back end if you see what all it does.

Basically, the addons depend on URLResolver to be updated more than the addons needing to be individually updated themselves. That has traditionally been a behind the scenes job. But at this point going forward, who knows. So far, Exodus has continued to function just fine, outside of the "People Watching" listing. That's because that listing depended on a source completely external of the actual media, but still missing because of the tvaddons exit. Some of the individual lists in the addons were externally maintained, and have since disappeared. But the actual media content is still there and the method to add more is still present and working. If that makes sense...
That is pretty damned amazing! I had know idea that much was going on under the hood. Very impressive! Thanks for the info as always. I just hope KODI doesn't go the way of Limewire. Just Like Limewire, I was relatively late to the show with KODI as it's been around for quite some time.
[Reply]
Fish 10:00 PM 06-27-2017
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
That is pretty damned amazing! I had know idea that much was going on under the hood. Very impressive! Thanks for the info as always. I just hope KODI doesn't go the way of Limewire. Just Like Limewire, I was relatively late to the show with KODI as it's been around for quite some time.
It was designed that way intentionally. By separately maintaining the URLResolver externally from the addons, it greatly reduced all the addons functionality of actually looking for media, reducing individual updates, and requiring only the URLResolver to be continuously updated as opposed to each addon themselves individually by many different developers.

Add that to the completely universal application of the KODI app and settings, it's actually very impressive what the KODI guys have built. I've been following KODI since the XBMP days back in late 99 early 2000. The earliest of KODI predecessors. It's tough to explain just how this thing has grown and changed through the years.
[Reply]
wutamess 08:27 AM 06-28-2017
So just ignore my I can't get KODI to load movies post huh? :-)
[Reply]
Fish 09:12 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by wutamess:
So just ignore my I can't get KODI to load movies post huh? :-)
Sorry I missed that. You're saying you had Exodus addon installed, then it disappeared? I'm not sure how that could happen. How was it installed? Did you install it using Indigo? A repository?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean when you reference the Movies option. There are many different Movies folders within KODI. Almost every individual addon has a Movies section. If you add media to your KODI library and set the content to scrape movies, it will also create a Movies folder. I'm not sure which you're talking about.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:48 AM 07-04-2017
Fish

I'm on 17.3. Exodus icon disappeared. Can't get it back. So I reloaded KODI but cannot find a repository that will load the usual TV addons stuff.

I know you're tied up in a project and I'm reading as much as I can but see no available answer.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 37
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up