ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Media Center>Twin Peaks to Return on Showtime
Miles 11:40 PM 10-06-2014
http://www.avclub.com/article/showti...on-2016-210127

Great and pretty unexpected news that this is actually happening.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:40 AM 05-14-2017
Is this just the old episodes or restarting the series?
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:54 PM 05-14-2017
it's a continuation of the series 25 years later. :-)
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:12 PM 05-14-2017
This is going to be great!
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 02:41 PM 05-21-2017
2 hour premiere tonight plus I think the next few episodes will be available to stream. Gotta be up early for work but hopefully I'll get through the premiere.

My expectations aren't high but we'll see how it turns out.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:37 PM 05-21-2017
how much time now? i will have to wait for it to be uploaded on ch131 :-)
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:57 AM 05-22-2017
I watched the first 45 minutes last night. Super weird, bad acting, and confusing.
[Reply]
Miles 08:31 PM 05-23-2017
Watched the first 4 episodes last night with no expectations after all this time and a bit surprised just how much I liked it. Incredibly odd/surreal even by Lynch standards.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:32 PM 05-23-2017
Is the prior series of ANY importance to this present?
I have the seasons on DVD, but don't feel like digging them out and watching them [saw the show first run, watched the first season when it first came out of DVD, . . . 2004ish??].

Trying to decide whether to

go forward from 'season 3' now/soon
start season 1 and watch season 3 when caught up
or
just wait on the whole thing until I have more time.
[Reply]
Miles 10:22 PM 05-23-2017
Its of some importance but so far S3 is pretty different from the original run which I watched for the only time back when the DVDs were first out. S2 is really uneven after Lynch left and morphed into some shitty soap opera plots which makes the time commitment a bit rough. Lynch comes back for the last episode which you could probably get away with watching and checking wikipedia if you want to refresh a bit. So far the only thing that is probably key is where things left off with Cooper.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:53 AM 05-24-2017
Originally Posted by Miles:
Its of some importance but so far S3 is pretty different from the original run which I watched for the only time back when the DVDs were first out. S2 is really uneven after Lynch left and morphed into some shitty soap opera plots which makes the time commitment a bit rough.
Human translation: season 1 was very creepy and great.

Seson 2 was dog$3it and unwatchable.

Lynch comes back for the last episode which you could probably get away with watching and checking wikipedia if you want to refresh a bit. So far the only thing that is probably key is where things left off with Cooper.
My introduction was FIRE WALK WITH ME. I liked that and liked the series (original) less.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:37 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Is the prior series of ANY importance to this present?
I have the seasons on DVD, but don't feel like digging them out and watching them [saw the show first run, watched the first season when it first came out of DVD, . . . 2004ish??].

Trying to decide whether to

go forward from 'season 3' now/soon
start season 1 and watch season 3 when caught up
or
just wait on the whole thing until I have more time.
for me, having re-watched season one and two a couple years ago, i simply re-watched the last episode of season 2. now if you can recall the finer points of the old series, i would say jump right in. they do give a slight recap in the new episode.

i don't want to spoil anything but would say this continuation started out really good. as well the fact its on showtime the restrictions are fewer and it pays off.

[Reply]
Nickhead 09:39 PM 05-25-2017
Its of some importance but so far S3 is pretty different from the original run which I watched for the only time back when the DVDs were first out. S2 is really uneven after Lynch left and morphed into some shitty soap opera plots which makes the time commitment a bit rough. Lynch comes back for the last episode which you could probably get away with watching and checking wikipedia if you want to refresh a bit. So far the only thing that is probably key is where things left off with Cooper.
you can see it in his eyes :shivers: :-)
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 12:52 PM 05-27-2017
This is absolutely outstanding. I've watched all 4 streaming episodes now and this has exceeded all expectations. David Lynch is goddamn genius and a national treasure.
[Reply]
Miles 10:46 PM 06-02-2017
Mildly surprised there has been so little talk about this but figure it's the same reason some of my friends haven't watched it saying they didn't watch the origional series.
[Reply]
Miles 10:50 PM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
This is absolutely outstanding. I've watched all 4 streaming episodes now and this has exceeded all expectations. David Lynch is goddamn genius and a national treasure.
After watching I was thinking about the new episodes quite a bit the next day or two. Watching with no expecations was a pretty great experience.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up