ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Darwin Award WInner - Tries to stop .50 cal with encyclopedia
Ming the Merciless 06:17 PM 06-28-2017
http://www.startribune.com/minnesota...ank/431313063/

Originally Posted by :
Minnesota woman charged with fatally shooting boyfriend in failed YouTube video stunt

A 19-year-old woman shot at a book her boyfriend was holding against his chest, killing him at close range outside their northwestern Minnesota home in what was a video-recorded stunt gone awry, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday.
Monalisa Perez was charged with second-degree manslaughter in Norman County District Court and remains in a regional jail in Crookston in connection with the shooting Monday night in Halstad of 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz III.
Perez, who is pregnant, appeared from the jail by video at a Norman County court proceeding Wednesday. She posted $7,000 cash bail and was released late Wednesday afternoon.
Ruiz held up the book — described by County Attorney James Brue as a hardcover encyclopedia — and Perez pulled the trigger on a .50-caliber Desert Eagle pistol, trying to see whether the bullet would go through, according to the criminal complaint.

[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:16 AM 06-30-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Why do people even use a .50 caliber handgun for anything? Including war? What is a .50 cal going to do that a .45 won't?
A .45 won't stop a bear. We're having a lot of bear incidents up here this month. I'm not going in the woods without my bear spray and my S&W .500.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:21 AM 06-30-2017
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
A .45 won't stop a bear. We're having a lot of bear incidents up here this month. I'm not going in the woods without my bear spray and my S&W .500.
Great answer. Why a handgun over a rifle?
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 09:28 AM 06-30-2017
Great answer. Why a handgun over a rifle?
It's a pain in the ass to reach a rifle strapped to a backpack, it's easier to draw in an emergency, I already have enough shit strapped to my ATV, close quarter shooting is easier with a pistol.

If I wanted to shoot a bear, I'd use a rifle. If I need to shoot a bear, it's probably closer than I want it to be and I want my .500.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:52 AM 06-30-2017
Originally Posted by rockymtnchief:
If I wanted to shoot a bear, I'd use a rifle. If I need to shoot a bear, it's probably closer than I want it to be and I want my .500.
Stellar explanation. I rescind my ignorant comments on the use of .50 cal in handguns.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 10:11 AM 06-30-2017
Stellar explanation. I rescind my ignorant comments on the use of .50 cal in handguns.
:-) No problem.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:23 AM 06-30-2017
Hey, Monalisa, how many bullet holes do you think he'll have in him after you shoot? Be sure to count entry and exit.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:42 AM 06-30-2017
Why do people even use a .50 caliber handgun for anything? Including war? What is a .50 cal going to do that a .45 won't?
FWIW this was already answered before you asked. But glad you rescinded.

I didn't know a .45 wouldn't stop a bear. Holy hell.

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58:
that handgun was developed by the Israeli army to shoot thru car engine blocks to disable engines of terrorists trying to drive their cars into Israel. Id imagine it can go thru a paper phone book lol

[Reply]
rockymtnchief 11:26 AM 06-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
FWIW this was already answered before you asked. But glad you rescinded.

I didn't know a .45 wouldn't stop a bear. Holy hell.
A .45 might stop a grown bear with a perfect shot to the head...emphasis on perfect. They're too dense for a .45 to penetrate into the body much.

Bwana carries his 10 mm in black bear country and his .500 in grizzly country. I just carry my .500 in both.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:40 AM 06-30-2017
if you liked the book, you'll love the movie.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:12 PM 06-30-2017
They probably shouldn't have used the Kindle version.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up