ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: The best 3rd round pick in Chiefs history is...
Will Shields 41 65.08%
Jim Tyrer 0 0%
Jamaal Charles 14 22.22%
Albert Lewis 2 3.17%
Justin Houston 2 3.17%
Gary Barbaro 0 0%
Travis Kelce 1 1.59%
Lloyd Burruss 0 0%
Henry Marshall 0 0%
Gary Spani 0 0%
John Browning 0 0%
Dustin Colquitt 1 1.59%
Tamarick Vanover 0 0%
Thomas Howard 0 0%
Leonard Griffin 0 0%
Gary Stills 0 0%
Allen Bailey 0 0%
Herman Heard 1 1.59%
Greg Wesley 0 0%
Some other player not mentioned above 0 0%
All I know is that it's not KeiVarae Russell. 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Best draft picks by Round - Round 3
Rain Man 03:58 PM 06-28-2017
Get ready for a feast of good picks here. Why is the third round always good?

Here are my top ten.

1. Will Shields, 1993. 14 years with the team, 12 pro bowls, 2 all-pros. I'll let that sink in. Anything else we need to say here?

2. Jim Tyrer, 1961. As much as Will Shields seems like a slam dunk, Jim Tyrer can make an argument (setting aside the Belchering). 13 years with the team, 8 pro bowls, and 5 all-pros at left tackle? It makes you think, even if most of his accolades were AFL and not NFL.

3. Jamaal Charles, 2008. 9 years with the team, 4 pro bowls, and 2 all pros. If not for knee injuries, he could have been a Hall of Famer. The second-best ypc of any running back ever, and he dominated on some very weak teams. It's unfortunate that his recent setbacks have led him to prostitute himself and sell his body to murderers and drug dealers, but I choose to remember him back when he was clean.

4. Albert Lewis, 1983. 11 years with the team, 4 pro bowls, 2 all pros. Clearly the best special teams guy ever, and also played some shutdown cornerback. You didn't mess with Lewis' side of the field.

5. Justin Houston, 2011. 6 years with the team, 4 pro bowls, 1 all pro. Where do you place this guy? He's the best in the game when healthy, but that friendly fire injury has stunted his career. Still, his six years to date place him high on the list, and he could still move up.

6. Gary Barbaro, 1976. 7 years with the team, 3 pro bowls, and he would have had more if the team was better. If not for a jump to the USFL, he would be seen as one of the greatest Chiefs ever and would be higher on this list.

7. Travis Kelce, 2013. 4 years with the team, 2 pro bowls. It's a shame that he lost his rookie season to injury. I think he's got the potential to climb notably higher on this distinguished list. Maybe I've got him a little high right now, but his potential moves him up.

8. Lloyd Burruss, 1981. 11 seasons with the team, 1 pro bowl. He was part of the greatest defensive backfield ever fielded in the NFL.

9. Henry Marshall, 1976. 12 years a Chief. No pro bowls, but he was a steady and productive player for a long time. Personally, I think it hurt him that he wore the 89 jersey right after Otis retired.

10. Gary Spani, 1978. 9 seasons of solid production, even if he never made a pro bowl.

It's hard to make the top ten on this list. Other 3rd rounders in the running include...

John Browning
Dustin Colquitt
Tamarick Vanover
Leonard Griffin
Herman Heard
Thomas Howard
Gary Stills
Allen Bailey
Greg Wesley
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:57 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Yes I hate that he went to the Broncos but when he returns to Arrowhead you best believe I'll be standing and giving him a standing ovation. Everything he has done for this team.
Did you cheer for Neil Smith too?
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:14 AM 06-29-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Yes I hate that he went to the Broncos but when he returns to Arrowhead you best believe I'll be standing and giving him a standing ovation. Everything he has done for this team.
If he shows up as a Bronco, my stony silence would actually be a great tribute to him over how I react to other Broncos.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:38 AM 06-29-2017
Shields is probably the right answer, but it's gotta be Jamaal for me. Probably my all time favorite football player to watch.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up