ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Deposed GM John Dorsey deserves massive amount of credit for Chiefs' success
Quesadilla Joe 12:37 PM 06-28-2017
From La Canfora...

He says that Hunt, and not Reid, was the driving force behind Dorsey getting fired. He reaffirmed Paylor's reporting that communication, contracts, and management style were some of the reasons why Dorsey was fired, but he also suggests that Dorsey wasn't "corporate enough" for Hunt.

Spoiler!
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/de...hiefs-success/
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:08 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I still can't believe Hunt fired Dorsey, but I'm excited to see who Hunt hires to replace him.
I'm not as there is a .005% chance he will replicate the trade down to get Jones and land Hill in the same year.

At least the books will be in order though...and the locker room "feels" will be those of joy and mediocrity...and ties. Everything will a perfect, safe environment for corporate sponsors and growing brand value.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 10:08 PM 06-28-2017
I'm amazed that there hasn't been an Alex Smith thread started in weeks
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:42 PM 06-28-2017
Not "corporate enough" code for "Dorsey would not kiss my owner arse" thus he is a blue collar loose cannon kind of guy". "He is not one of us and he finally crossed the line this time"(time will tell whatever it was).

My guess is these guys did not like each other from the get go.Clark expecting Dorsey to worship the ground Clark walked on which obviously never happened. Dorsey viewing Clark as a silver spooned kid who never had to work at anything and given a football team who barely knows where the "red zone" is on a football field and treating him as such(quietly condescending to Clark) in backhanded ways of which Clark felt it all the time. It was just a matter of time IMHO.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:44 PM 06-28-2017
Clark has yet to learn that "blue collar" whether in sports/life get it done, PERIOD.

Leave your "workhorses" alone, PERIOD !!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:47 PM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Clark has yet to learn that "blue collar" whether in sports/life get it done, PERIOD.

Leave your "workhorses" alone, PERIOD !!!
:-)
[Reply]
Rausch 08:16 AM 06-29-2017
I would give Dorsey the same grade I gave Andy: a B+.

His ability to milk the waiver wire, UDFA's, and low (5th and below) round picks was amazing. He took $3it and made chicken salad out of it.

While he did retain our top talent he bungled the deals, ended up paying more than he should have, and had the opportunity to sign each contract sooner and for less money. Each time he forced the "contract year" he lost and lost big...
[Reply]
Granslamwhich 08:22 AM 06-29-2017
How long before they announce the new GM? Shouldn't be long right?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up